Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheds  (Read 3413 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 15:57:49 »

Yeah do it, would be most amusing. Youll have to copy me the reply or something, then i can print it off and put it above his peg.

Obviously he wont know it was me that put it there
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 16:09:58 »

Pm me your email address and I will copy you in! That'll really freak him out so long as he doesn't think I'm a crazy stalker or something!!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 16:19:17 »

Jewson sell them. Can sort you a price if you want?
hello mate, can you send me over some info please, seb.fliski@gmail.com
ive looked in b&q and homebase too and as Samdy says, they look very flimsey. there is a metal one at b&Q which has got some good reviews.
Dont really want to spend more than 200 if possible.
fatbasher

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 22:17:14 »

With a wooden shed make sure that you put guttering around it. The water dripping off will splash back up against the lower boards making them rot in no time. You can either drain the water away with down pipes onto the soil or into a water but. Use a quality exterior coating like Ronseal 5 year Woodstain which has a BBA certificate. You can dilute the first coat with water by NO more than 20% on bare timber (sawn or planed) giving excellent adhesion and then two coats of full fat. May seem like hard work but it will pay off and you can get three coats on in one day unlike solvent based paints. Unless the shed is a lean-to never put a shed into a corner or up against a wall. This invites trouble at some point later on especially if you have not bothered with the guttering and makes all round maintenance a fucking pain, trust me I've had a few that were. The one's inherited when moving in that were in need of restorative work were always up against a fence or like my current one in a corner until I moved it.  

Always use a security hasp and staple with a good padlock. If you are not going to work in there and store bikes then is no need to have windows, why let burglars know you have bikes in there in the first place?

Jesus and you thought getting a shed was a piece of piss?

Regards

Fatbasher

« Last Edit: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 23:52:29 by fatbasher » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 22:46:10 »

With a wooden shed make sure that you put guttering around it. The water dripping off will splash back up against the lower boards making them rot in no time. You cane either drain the water away with down pipes onto the soil or into a water but. Use a quality exterior coating like Ronseal 5 year Woodstain which has a BBA certificate. You can dilute the first coat with water by NO more than 20% on bare timber (sawn or planed) giving excellent adhesion and then two coats of full fat. May seem like hard work but it will pay off and you can get three coats on in one day unlike solvent based paints. Unless the shed is a lean-to never put a shed into a corner or up against a wall. This invites trouble at some point later on especially if you have not bothered with the guttering and makes all round maintenance a fucking pain, trust me I've had a few that were. The one's inherited when moving in that were in need of restorative work were always up against a fence or like my current one in a corner until I moved it. 

Always use a security hasp and staple with a good padlock. If you are not going to work in there and store bikes then is no need to have windows, why let burglars know you have bikes in there in the first place?

Jesus and yo thought getting a shed was a piece of piss?

Regards

Fatbasher

good lord,it's a shed for fucks sake.
I had one from B+Q that was bog standard,had no gutter and was still fine after 10 years when i moved home. I'm sure another 6 years down the line its still ok
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 22:52:46 »

Minety Ltd up Barnfield, splendid sheds they are
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 23:00:15 »

Built mine from scratch a couple of years ago.  This meant I could build it to a non standard shape to fit the space I had and to a much higher standard than the ones from B&Q etc.  Also worked out cheaper.  All timber was from Webbs Wood just outside Swindon.
fatbasher

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 23:50:29 »

Minety Ltd up Barnfield, splendid sheds they are

Thought they had closed.....
fatbasher

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 23:55:05 »

good lord,it's a shed for fucks sake.
I had one from B+Q that was bog standard,had no gutter and was still fine after 10 years when i moved home. I'm sure another 6 years down the line its still ok

To you it might be, but to some of us married men it's a sanctuary. May be but after that?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, June 1, 2012, 07:44:11 »

To you it might be, but to some of us married men it's a sanctuary. May be but after that?
Yeah and when im storing an expensive bike (expensive to me) i want it to be secure
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, June 1, 2012, 07:54:37 »

Get a metal one.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, June 1, 2012, 08:13:09 »

Thought they had closed.....
They closed last November!
paul backskin

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, June 1, 2012, 13:00:44 »

sheds are a tricky business, at the end of the day though you get what you pay for, I work for A Grade Timber in cricklade, we can supply all the kit you need for a shed but you would need to build it yourself. alternativly, we supply to greatfield nurseries, they make them up there.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #28 on: Friday, June 1, 2012, 13:33:10 »

I had a decent shed in one of the houses I lived at when I went to university. We kitted it out with armchairs, furniture and other stuff and it was hooked up to the electricity supply.

It was quite handy, myself and the other blokes in the house chilled out in there whilst the women did the cleaning. The girls weren't allowed in there as it was officially the man sanctuary.

I suggest you seriously consider doing this, particularly if you're getting married.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, June 1, 2012, 14:05:56 »

I had a decent shed in one of the houses I lived at when I went to university. We kitted it out with armchairs, furniture and other stuff and it was hooked up to the electricity supply.

It was quite handy, myself and the other blokes in the house chilled out in there whilst the women did the cleaning. The girls weren't allowed in there as it was officially the man sanctuary.

I suggest you seriously consider doing this, particularly if you're getting married.

Yea, im in two minds weather to get a huge one so i can have some man space, but then we dont have the biggest of gardens, and we will be looking at moving out in abuot a years time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: