Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: American Writers Guild Strikes.  (Read 959 times)
flammableBen

« on: Saturday, January 19, 2008, 09:56:53 »

Have only gone an left My Name is earl on a cliff hanger 13 episodes in to the second series.

Cunts

Quite a lot of shows have been effected to a certain degree, including heroes and 24.

There's a list on wikipedia
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 19, 2008, 10:00:48 »

Shit. That's alot of shows it affects. Any idea why they're striking? I've never heard of this before.

Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 19, 2008, 10:03:23 »

luckily proson break is back and on form.
flammableBen

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 19, 2008, 10:03:29 »

Arguments over pay?

There's another wikipedia article about it

Quote from: "wikigay"

Every three years, the Writers Guild negotiates a new basic contract with the AMPTP by which its members are employed. This contract is called the Minimum Basic Agreement (MBA).[8] In the 2007 negotiations over the MBA reached an impasse, and the WGA membership voted to give its board authorization to call a strike, which it did on Friday, November 2, with the strike beginning the subsequent Monday, November 5, 2007.

Among the many proposals from both sides regarding the new contract, there are several key issues of contention including DVD residuals; union jurisdiction over animation and reality program writers; and, perhaps most importantly, compensation for "new media"-- content written for (or distributed through) emerging digital technology such as the Internet.[9]

There we go.
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 19, 2008, 10:05:17 »

Cheers Benjamin.

Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats
lebowski

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 19, 2008, 10:06:38 »

the oscars are in doubt and the recent golden globes were announced by press release (there was no awards ceremony). sadly, the brit awards stumbles on.

i reckon mika will win you know.
flammableBen

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 19, 2008, 10:07:27 »

Quote from: "Chubbs"

According to my linky only 13 of the 22 episodes of the latest series were completed (series3?). It probably won't affect people unless you download stuff. I'd imagine there's enough of a buffer between UK and US screening times for our telly to not be too affected.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 19, 2008, 10:47:42 »

well they have just had the xmas break and and have started showing again.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 19, 2008, 16:42:07 »

Not all shows. 24 is indefinitely delayed (sorry Birdy)
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 19, 2008, 17:01:31 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Quote from: "Chubbs"

According to my linky only 13 of the 22 episodes of the latest series were completed (series3?). It probably won't affect people unless you download stuff. I'd imagine there's enough of a buffer between UK and US screening times for our telly to not be too affected.

Episode 9 was shown in the US on Monday, and Sky 1 will be showing that episode in 2 weeks.
flammableBen

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, January 19, 2008, 17:03:13 »

After that I think there's 4 more before the strike kicks in, so I guess that you sky people have about 6 weeks left before it hits.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: