Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mark Bridger  (Read 6459 times)
The_Doctor

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 18:48:07 »

As im sure you all know he's been charged with murder of young April. But i have a genuinely serious question, How can they charge someone with murder if they haven't found the body, hence do not know if she is dead of alive.
I don't mean to sound insensitive, but im genuinely interested in how they come to this conclusion?

The only explenation i could come up with is that he's admitted to it, but the police have yet to make a public statement to the press.

Probably a few things have happened. He could have failed lie detector tests asking specific questions if he took her, knew where she was?, knew if she ws dead or alive, is she dead?  is she alive? and he failed.. Or ultimately he could have admitted he killed her and said he dumped the body in or near the river (hence why all the searches near or in the river itself...), The old bill haven't said anything but seems to me as if he probably admitted it or gave a good clue as to where she was etc. and said the body was in X place... now if its floated down river etc is anyones guess but clearly there is enough evidence to say he did it without a body. They went straight in and no one else looks to have been questioned. He ditched his car in the garage by the sounds of it to get it off the road, probably no blood there as it wouldnt be cleaned up that quickly. Seems very bizarre but the police have been quite tight lipped. I reckon he has admitted to killing her and has said where the body is or for that matter said she is dead but refuses to say where the body is as he is a sicko!
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 20:24:28 »

But that's not true, here is a recent example

http://www.stalbansreview.co.uk/news/9953470.Man_convicted_of_Murray_Thompson_murder/

edit: beaten to it..

PS. Are we under sub judice yet?

Indeed, and a famous example

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_George_Haigh

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 21:20:51 »

Probably a few things have happened. He could have failed lie detector tests asking specific questions if he took her, knew where she was?, knew if she ws dead or alive, is she dead?  is she alive? and he failed.. Or ultimately he could have admitted he killed her and said he dumped the body in or near the river (hence why all the searches near or in the river itself...)

There are no lie detector tests (polygraphs) in the uk - other than Jeremy Kyle - as the results are not admissible in English law.  They are very unreliable actually and easily cheated.

I doubt very much if he has admitted anything. But there is likely to be DNA evidence in his vehicle. As others have said, murder can be proven without a body.

I can only imagine the pain the family must be going through right now. So horrific that these things happen.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 21:23:20 »

There was a local case in Calne where someone was tried for murder despite a body never being found... a couple of years ago, young South African chap went missing?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Victor Mildew

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 21:26:08 »

There was a local case in Calne where someone was tried for murder despite a body never being found... a couple of years ago, young South African chap went missing?
Victor Mildew

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 21:31:53 »

that was Chippenham,bloke got arrested and charged with murder,got off never found a body!!!
Victor Mildew

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 21:33:41 »

apparently worked on a pig farm
DMR

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, October 7, 2012, 00:51:43 »

It is curious how someone can be deemed dead without trace though - surely death can NEVER be fully proved without a body
hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, October 7, 2012, 07:19:45 »

Blood is part of your body - if someone found 50% of my blood in a pile of my clothes I think it's safe to assume I would be dead. Likewise if someone found only my head in an alley way... It would be safe to assume I would be dead surely?

I just wish that in these circumstances with reasonable evidence to charge the cunt with Aprils murder or serious harm - police should be aloud to use whatever means possible to make him talk (torture ?!) especially given the circumstances of Aprils illness & need for medication.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, October 7, 2012, 09:43:32 »

If you want an analogy that fits this 'no body murder mystery' then think of it this way...

If I plant a bomb on a plane with one person on it and it blows up in the middle of the pacific. They don't find the body and yet they know I planted the bomb and they know the person got on the plane and was flying it when it blew up the evidence suggests that there is little hope that the person, even if they survived the bomb and the crash, they would have been able to swim to safety and so we have to assume, in all probability, that they are dead and have therefore been murdered.

Even if they are not dead what I have committed is attempted murder...

She was 5 with a mental disability last seen, we assume, getting into his car.  He (we assume) is giving no information as to her whereabouts and she would be unable to survive 5 days on her own without supervision.  We therefore haven't to assume she is dead and if he has wilfully neglected her it is potentially murder.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 7, 2012, 09:47:26 by @MacPhlea » Logged
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, October 7, 2012, 15:30:56 »

Quote from: Batch

PS. Are we under sub judice yet?

Technically we were at the point he was arrested but it's mostly ignored now. But certainly so since he was charged.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, October 8, 2012, 11:37:47 »

There's something they aren't telling us, as there has been little information released which connects him to the disappearance.  It's sickening that these cases invariably involve someone who knew the child.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, October 8, 2012, 18:08:03 »

Why dosn't this piece of scum tell the police where he put the poor girl. Angry

Also a more controversal point would be why is a five year old girl out playing in the dark around 7 in the evening No

Linda Razzel(Highworth i think)went missing on her way home from work a few years back now in Swindon.......police deemed they had enough evidence to charge her hubby who got life..........she has never been found and he still pleads his innocence.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, October 8, 2012, 18:22:12 »

Why dosn't this piece of scum tell the police where he put the poor girl. Angry

Also a more controversal point would be why is a five year old girl out playing in the dark around 7 in the evening No

I may be wrong but I'm assuming that he told them he dumped the body in the river, hence that's why they are not searching anywhere else now.

As for you second point, I know what you mean. There is no way our son would have been out that late on his own at 5 years old, in fact at that age he was either in bed or near to it at 7pm
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, October 8, 2012, 18:44:36 »

It seems they are still searching various locations in and around the village which would indicate that Bridger hasn't told the police about the little girls whereabouts. The River I suppose would be the obvious place but with the recent rain fall it is making the river search so much more difficult. All the time he fails to admit killing April he won't reveal where the police need to look to find her and like previous cases he will probably cling to the thought of her never being found.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 8, 2012, 22:23:07 by Notts red » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: