Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Splitting the fans  (Read 958 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 17:10:49 »

Of the people saying protestors will/have split the fanbase, I don't think this is an entirely valid point of view. You have to ask yourself why people are protesting in the first place:

* The Board say they are open to offers.
* A party expresses interest in the club.
* It seems the Board/whoever doesn't want to sell but won't say so.

The above shows it's the management of our football club that have split the fans even if it is just the initial split. I haven't even posted stuff about CVAs, selling our best players, pissing off Wise, treating the fans like crap, making Bill Power's money disappear...

I wouldn't deny that protests are or will split the fans further, that would be stupid, but I can't think the buck can stop with those that do protest.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 17:18:41 »

The problem is, no matter how many times you post the facts, the majority of fans don't go on the forums and don't know what's going on.

It's about perception as much as anything and the perception that some will have is that protesters are rabble rousing.

Posting pro consortium stuff on here is preaching to the converted.

It's All Good..............
lebowski

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 17:34:00 »

if you want to make an omlette you have to break a few eggs...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 18:37:19 »

Quote from: "herthab"
The problem is, no matter how many times you post the facts, the majority of fans don't go on the forums and don't know what's going on.

It's about perception as much as anything and the perception that some will have is that protesters are rabble rousing.

Posting pro consortium stuff on here is preaching to the converted.

Well I know that, I've said that before. But there are still people, on the internet, who have made this claim. I just wanted to defend it (plus I was bored at work and it was more fun).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: