Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Letter from Davis and Co  (Read 960 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 12:49:57 »

Did anyone have a chance to read it?

Was it as cut and dry as Bob Holt made out?
arthurhorsfield

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 14:03:09 »

There is a significant body of correspondence between the club and Mark Davies, all of which was supposed to be confidential and covered by a Non Disclosure agreement demanded by Watkins on behalf of the club!  It is very easy to selectively quote from correspondence to make it fit your argument and this is what the board is doing right now, they are desperate and resorting to bully boy and diversionary tactics!

The fact is that Watkins is being used as a shield to deflect from the fact that Diamandis will not allow James Wills to negotiate with the Consortium, because in doing so he will lose the chance to make his millions from any ground redevelopment.  It is quite clear that despite his smooth public personae Bowden is so far removed from the reality of local Swindon Politics and Planning issues as to be laughable.  Does he seriously think that the consortium has not sought and attended meetings with the very same SBC/Developer contacts he claims as long term bosom buddies; and guess what did we hear his version of events?

Andronikou was supposed to be the professional and persuasive face of the CVA but ended up looking dodgy, unprofessional and ill prepared in the extreme, all in all a metaphor for the failures and buffoons that Diamandis surrounds himself with, to look important and clever.

Holt showed his true colours yet again and must be removed from the club forever taking his Maxwellian bully boy tactics and his spin with him.

The rest showed themselves to be what they are, non-entities!

Until the Board accepts the inevitable consequences of five years of consistent and devastating business failure they will not open realistic negotiations.  Efforts are being made behind the scenes to provide just such a moment but any pressure which can be placed on them (within the bounds of the Trust meeting vote) will be helpful.

The forum was never going to anything more than a damage limitation exercise by the board because they have nothing to offer and nowhere to go except perhaps down the M4!

Keep up the good work.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 14:10:28 »

Thanks for that, I do feel that it's my duty to be a little bit of a devil's advocate at times, I've never been a "sheep" before and I'm not going to starting baaa-ing now.  

Keep the faith, we'll get there in the end.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 14:14:44 »

Andronikou came over as a real pratt and unfortunately for him an unprofessional pratt. He had not done his homework, so it was lucky Paul Davis had. His position changed and he didn't know his arse from his elbow. The one thing that came over loud and clear thugoh was that he had absolute confidence in the current board to get us out of the CVA.
Wills was a joke. It was very reminiscent of Comical Ali - there is no Consortium - well maty the tanks will very hopefully be in full view soon.
Holt was a knob. No further explanation needed.
Bowden was very interesting because his choice of words seemed very deliberate. It was fascinating to see a guy have a "love in" with himself in front of an audience of 300. All smoke.
Sturrock was absolute class.
All in all it was pretty much what people expected. Absolute grease ball responses to reasonable questions and the front rows taken up with lackeys.
The impression I got though was that this lot would not do business with you. Something, somewhere has got to give.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: