Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cologne  (Read 3455 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 17:49:16 »

Bundesliga looks tight at the top this year too. Dortmund, Gladbach, Bayern and Schalke all gunning for the title.
Spencer_White

« Reply #16 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 18:57:16 »

Been twice. Absolutely fantastic City.

Best beer hall for me would be the Die Hausbrauerei Päffgen (Paffgen brewery tap). Cheap and utterly brilliant.

Good guide to pubs and beer halls here.

http://patto1ro.home.xs4all.nl/kolnpubs.htm
Devizes_Red

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 12:02:54 »

Went over to Germany a couple of weeks ago to take in the Fortuna Dusseldorf v Eintracht Frankfurt, Bundesliga 2 game.  I cannot speak highly enough of the way they go about their football over there.

Our tickets cost 8 Euros for their Ultra Section, Block 42.  Transport to and from the stadium was included in the price of the ticket which was an absolute bargain.  To put it into context, it was the equivilent of going to watch West Ham v Southampton in terms of league positions etc.  The Fortuna supporters sang pretty much non stop throughout the entire 90 minutes, led by a few ring-leaders at the front with mega-phones which got the crowd going.  A delightful bonus was that you stood during the match with no problems and you were also allowed to have a couple of beers whilst watching the football.  Tremendous stuff with a crowd of over 41,000 there.  The sight of the Eintracht Frankfurt fans letting off flares, smoke bombs, fireworks during the game was pretty enjoyable too and added to the atmosphere.

I am sure that you will have a pretty similar experience when watching FC Koln (scum!).  As for Cologne, the only thing I can recommend are the steps infront of the Cathedral.  They can make a very welcome makeshift bed at 4am after a couple of beers!
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 12:54:10 »

I've been to Koln's ground, try to get in the home terrace behind the goal if you want to be a part of the atmosphere.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #19 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 12:59:39 »

I have been to hsv! Ace stadium, I love the budesliga! The Germans know how to do football
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 13:31:49 »

The game itself was entertaining. Koln were abysmal and you had to feel sorry for Podolski who was clearly the only good player on their team. Their centre back was appalling. Leverkusen didn't have to get out of second gear.

The atmosphere at the beginning was different class.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: