Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Charlton Athletic pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 30251 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 14:33:22 »

How come Rob Hartley has got the chance to co commentate? Bit of a piss take that
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 14:33:58 »

Look half a step off the pace, but that's expected. Very unlucky to be 1-0 down, but silly mistakes are gonna be pounced on at this level.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 14:35:06 »

Bit rusty at both ends of the pitch as you would expect, final ball away from cutting them open on a number of occasions. Ultimately the goal was caused by Odimayo and Iandolo not doing their jobs but in a few weeks neither of them will be regular starters so nothing much to worry about.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 14:35:45 »

Thankfully but these 2 are pretty poor as well.

Really? I think they’re pretty good.

We’re not quite on it yet. Too many overhit final balls and set pieces, especially by Doughty and Payne. Odimayo not playing Wellensball yet, humping it forward rather than passing it through them. Stuttering performance. Bit more training required yet.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
REDBUCK

« Reply #334 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 14:36:36 »

No problem on my lap top either, commentary goes a bit staccato every now and then.

For the goal we were asleep to the long ball from left back down the centre, over both CH's and scorer got goal side of Iandolo. Sloppy.

Lacking quality from set pieces and newbies still getting used to patterns of play.

Charlton have some good players and are up a level and half from last year. We need to be sharper hopefully we'll ll improve 2nd half.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 14:37:54 »

saw first 20, thought we passed it around well.

back for the second half now. bring it on
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 14:38:10 »

I think it’s fair to say that we’re watching a work in progress. Town’s midfield and defence seem a bit disjointed, which seems surprising as they’re essentially the same as last season.  However, we’ve got to allow for the fact that they’ve played no competitive matches for months.  Some nice skills throughout the team, but lack of understanding is a predictable issue at the moment.  Still, so good to see a real game at last.  Charlton are more together than I’d expected.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 14:38:42 »

Windows or Mac? Which browser?
Windows, google chrome

Nothing to see here
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 14:38:50 »

Ifollow issues, I have found in the past, that it doesn't work on some window explorer machines, but it will work on google chrome
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 14:39:12 »

How come Rob Hartley has got the chance to co commentate? Bit of a piss take that
Because he's a regular co-commentator? Don't see the problem. In fact, can't see anything thanks to fukcing iFollow
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 14:39:20 »

:shudders:
Bodeesh in the boxzz
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 14:39:23 »

I think it’s fair to say that we’re watching a work in progress. Town’s midfield and defence seem a bit disjointed, which seems surprising as they’re essentially the same as last season.  However, we’ve got to allow for the fact that they’ve played no competitive matches for months.  Some nice skills throughout the team, but lack of understanding is a predictable issue at the moment.  Still, so good to see a real game at last.  Charlton are more together than I’d expected.
They more or less all played together last season, so to be expected

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
REDBUCK

« Reply #342 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 14:39:37 »

Windows or Mac? Which browser?

Windows 10 and chrome
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 14:40:52 »

Quote from: pauld
Because he's a regular co-commentator? Don't see the problem. In fact, can't see anything thanks to fukcing iFollow

whassup with your ifollow?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 14:41:13 »

Really? I think they’re pretty good.
They just seem to have random conversations and no awareness about some things actually going on on the pitch. For example they were laughing about us appealing for a throw in when Grant kicked the ball out, we weren’t appealing for a throw in at all it was the fact Grant was being fouled as he tried to move forward. Without the video I don’t think I’d be able to follow the game based on their comms.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: