Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lukas Jutkiewicz  (Read 29919 times)
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, March 15, 2007, 12:22:20 »

Quote from: "arriba"
its good buisiness for a club like ours.shame the money will be swallowed up into oblivion though

No it fucking isnt its a short sighted temporory fix and gutless.

/
W56196272
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, March 15, 2007, 12:22:58 »

Hmmmmmmmm.....very disappointing. Not surprising but very very disappointing :negsy:

I am inclined to agree with Yeovil :?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, March 15, 2007, 12:26:26 »

IF this is true:

I have to be honest, it's (alegedly) good money for an unproven 17 year old div 4 player. We are a selling club and always will be.

But it should be a descision made in the best interests of the player, the football club, and  to progress us on and off the field. It should not be a desparate sale out of neccesity to keep us afloat and cover certain individuals incoppetance and failings. Particluarily when other options exist were they not bloody minded, ignorant fools.

Await the "we had to sell to give Bill Power his money back" li(n)e at 5:30pm on Friday now.

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, March 15, 2007, 12:30:25 »

it doesn't make any difference at all imo who is in charge at the club.if he's going he would have been going anyway regardless.if its £750,000+ then thats great money for him.its where that money goes that concerns me
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, March 15, 2007, 12:32:45 »

We are a selling club because our gutless fan base accept it as so.

/
W56196272
mattboyslim

« Reply #95 on: Thursday, March 15, 2007, 12:33:24 »

Agree Batch, I never want to see our players sold - with the odd exception, but once a big club come in frankly the club have to listen, it might even be a clause of Lukas' new contract that we have to inform him of offers over a certain figure.  That kind of money we have never been able to turn down.  I think it's a massive shame, but at the same time potentially a fantastic amount of cash for an unproven player.  Look at Lukas' position - go to a club with history etc - more money, more opportunities etc - it takes some balls to turn it down, even though he won't sniff first team football for years.  My major issue is the money won't be used correctly - paying Boyd Butler, mike Bowden etc and filling a black hole in Newbury is the likely destination of it, and that's what's gonna anger me.

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, March 15, 2007, 12:34:40 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"

or maybe the lad wants to play at a higher level?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #97 on: Thursday, March 15, 2007, 12:34:30 »

What a shame - I'm very disappointed.

Just as well we got him to sign a lengthy contract as he'd be walking away for next to nothing.

Still, he could have been a brilliant Swindon Town player - if he does leave.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, March 15, 2007, 12:35:57 »

NO AMBITION!

So we're effectivly asset stripping again in order to cover what REALLY goes on with the money and the magic black hole.

Its a fucking joke, this isnt in any way shape or form the best possible move for the TEAM! we're selling a good young player and replacing him with fuck all (I expect!)

Ok, so chances are he will pay the cva, which in the long run is a good thing and it means we will have a club (providing the club do actually use the money to pay the cva) but we shouldnt have been so far down shit creek with out a paddle to start with.

Plus everyone seems so certain the cva could be re-worked over 10 years....so why is there a need to sell now?

This club is a fucking joke and I wonder why I bother, we've got no ambition and no drive to move forward and work our way back up the football leagues. We're fucked and we're becoming a piss poor tinpot shite 4th division club. We're fucking better than that

About time they fucked off!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, March 15, 2007, 12:37:59 »

We are a selling club because we don't have enough money to resist or a high enough league position/good enough facilities to persuede players to stay.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #100 on: Thursday, March 15, 2007, 12:40:07 »

Quote from: "DV85"
NO AMBITION!

So we're effectivly asset stripping again in order to cover what REALLY goes on with the money and the magic black hole.

Its a fucking joke, this isnt in any way shape or form the best possible move for the TEAM! we're selling a good young player and replacing him with fuck all (I expect!)

Ok, so chances are he will pay the cva, which in the long run is a good thing and it means we will have a club (providing the club do actually use the money to pay the cva) but we shouldnt have been so far down shit creek with out a paddle to start with.

Plus everyone seems so certain the cva could be re-worked over 10 years....so why is there a need to sell now?

This club is a fucking joke and I wonder why I bother, we've got no ambition and no drive to move forward and work our way back up the football leagues. We're fucked and we're becoming a piss poor tinpot shite 4th division club. We're fucking better than that

About time they fucked off!

I'd agree with this. There wasn't even a media tug-of-war... We just lay down and allow the big-boys to snatch our players - like we've always done really.

Jutkiewicz's reaction when we scored against Bristol City last season suggested that he loves playing football for Swindon.

You can't rule out parental advice and stuff like that but it's bollocks. This board knows how to annoy (understatement)
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Thursday, March 15, 2007, 12:41:29 »

Quote from: "arriba"

or maybe the lad wants to play at a higher level?

Thats crap and you know it,hes on a 3 or 4 year contract and hes not going to be playing first team football at Everton anytime soon.

/
W56196272
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, March 15, 2007, 12:47:31 »

although....if we get James Beattie as part of the deal!!

I expect Lukas will be out on loan next season to a League One/Two club anyway....might as well have stayed here....more chances of first team football. No that I think he had much of a say in the matter.

Less than a year after making his first start, he's sold....fucking brilliant.
STFC Village

« Reply #103 on: Thursday, March 15, 2007, 12:49:36 »

Fucking ridiculous, it beggars belief how some of you can just shrug this off!
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, March 15, 2007, 12:49:37 »

its still a great move for him though and i certainly don't begrudge him for taking the opportunity.  what i don't like is, as many others have said, that i suspect all of that money will be gone as 'operating costs' or similar
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: