Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Bradford City FC Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 25559 times)
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, August 9, 2015, 10:39:41 »

My, I enjoyed that day out....At half time, I said to the wife 'even if we lose this, they have shown there is some great footballing skill out there'.....little did I expect what happened in the second half.  Yes, first half, there was weak finishing - maybe shooting too quickly, but then last season we complained because no-one would go for goal!  Second half was awesome!  Congratulations to them all.  Yes a few mistakes at the back kept us on the edge of our seats, Obika got a bit mauled (with no recompense from the ref) by their centre back in the 1st half, and Byrne's delivery (again in the 1st half) was less than good.  But overall, I would be happy to watch that kind of football week in, week out.  I guess the test again will be against the poorer sides who pack their own half and leave no space for the kind of attacking verve we saw yesterday....
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, August 9, 2015, 10:48:44 »

Great way to start the season. Couldn't make it yesterday - how did the new boys compare in a proper game to what they're replacing? I was surprised to see Branco start - based on reports of pre season form I'd expected Robert in the middle and Williams at the back. Maybe the theory was Branco knows Turnbull that much better, who knows.

I'd love to keep hold of Byrne - but at the very least he's jacked his price up.
cosmicdrifter

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Sunday, August 9, 2015, 11:12:54 »

Any reports on Robert? Seem to have a bit of hype from pre season, did he deliver yesterday?
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Sunday, August 9, 2015, 11:15:06 »

I know Byrne and the new keeper got alot of plaudits yesterday but Obika's performance was superb. His aerial work and hold-up play was immense. We should have no worries about losing Smith as a central striker after that performance, frankly.

The new lad from Arsenal had tremendous energy down the left flank. Even towards the end of the game with the temperature at 25 degrees, he was still closing down at full pelt.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #139 on: Sunday, August 9, 2015, 11:15:31 »

Branco was good yesterday. Just the player when the opposition have a lump up front - although I can't understand why Hanson was out wide right for much of the game.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #140 on: Sunday, August 9, 2015, 11:15:33 »

Any reports on Robert? Seem to have a bit of hype from pre season, did he deliver yesterday?

Not so effective on the wing, much better in the second half playing in the centre. Held the ball well, carried it forward and one exceptional through ball to create a chance for Byrne to cross just in front of Obika.
Flashheart

« Reply #141 on: Sunday, August 9, 2015, 11:26:31 »

Oooh, I found the goals

Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Sunday, August 9, 2015, 12:07:54 »

Was it Hanson or Davies that chopped down Thompson as I thought he should have gone for it as there was a suspicion of stamping as well.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Sunday, August 9, 2015, 12:37:58 »

Although Byrne obviously deserved MOTM a special mention for Kevin Stewart who I thought was terrific yesterday, especially in the 2nd half.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Sunday, August 9, 2015, 13:21:24 »

Oooh, I found the goals

Cheers Flashheart. Having not seen the program yet all I can say is that all the people loitering around the studio seem incredibly awkward...
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Sunday, August 9, 2015, 13:34:11 »

Although Byrne obviously deserved MOTM a special mention for Kevin Stewart who I thought was terrific yesterday, especially in the 2nd half.

Louis Thompson type energy. Gave us the thrust we lacked in midfield when Louis got injured last season. Stewart played a massive part in tiring them out with his driving runs right up until full time.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Sunday, August 9, 2015, 14:18:52 »

We seem to have a bit of a hoodoo over Parkinson sides...long may that continue.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Skinny Pete

« Reply #147 on: Sunday, August 9, 2015, 15:03:55 »

Well, there will be 2 more fans on Tuesday after that game.

No doubt much changed side but that performance deserves more bums on seats
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Sunday, August 9, 2015, 16:08:05 »

Quote from: jayohaitchenn
Sure I actually saw you crack a smile yesterday, Batch Smiley

had you been drinking?
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Sunday, August 9, 2015, 19:42:10 »

Well, there will be 2 more fans on Tuesday after that game.

No doubt much changed side but that performance deserves more bums on seats

I hope not, chopping and changing (not always by choice injuries/suspensions/asia cup) was a major downfall to last season. promoted sides are usually very settle. we need to keep the back 5 playing as much as possible. upfront is unchangeable as it is as well!

looking for to tuesday and the start of a good cup run
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: