Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pick yer squad...  (Read 28546 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 08:06:16 »

Luongo to go with Australia? Hmm...

Roaming the land while you sleep..

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 08:07:49 »

Baines will be first pick. Taking the up and coming star as cover rather than a bit part has been is clearly the right thing to do.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 08:20:45 »

I've watched 4 live Premiership matches this season and they've all been forgettable.

So I would be struggling to pick a squad, although it would have Gerrard and Sturridge in it

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
kerry red

« Reply #48 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 09:17:17 »

What's the point of a 2pm press conference to announce the WC squad when 'Sky Sources' are leaking bits and bobs already.

No Cashley, no Ruddy, no Kyle Walker

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 09:29:49 »

I take it lampard is going then?
Another one that I wouldn't take.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 09:31:58 »

Probably don't watch enough of the Premiership to give worthwhile opinions.

All I want is the best 23 players to be selected. Sod reputations, sod building for the future, this is the World Cup not the early rounds of the league cup where you can blood a few youngsters in order to gain experience.

True but if the same old faces werent good enough 4 years ago ( and 4 years prior to that ) they wont be good enough now, just older
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 09:41:22 »

True but if the same old faces werent good enough 4 years ago ( and 4 years prior to that ) they wont be good enough now, just older

Agree, it should totally be on performance which is why I'd take the likes of Barkely, Shaw, Henderson. The fact they are young isn't a factor for me.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 09:44:18 »

I take it lampard is going then?
Another one that I wouldn't take.

He bloody shouldn't be!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 09:50:07 »

You've got to have some experience in a squad....Woy, will likely have 6 players who appeared in 2010, of those Joe Hart was the 3rd keeper, that means 17 who've no experience of a WC.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 10:06:08 »

Lampard barely plays for Chelsea these days right?

I suppose at least he would be 'fresh'. I wouldn't take him personally. Is Wilshere fit?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #55 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 10:48:38 »

You've got to have some experience in a squad....Woy, will likely have 6 players who appeared in 2010, of those Joe Hart was the 3rd keeper, that means 17 who've no experience of a WC.
Why do you? Experience of failure. Build for the future, and then next time there will be plenty of experience if its important. We're not gonig to win it so look forward not back.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 10:51:15 »

What's the point of a 2pm press conference to announce the WC squad when 'Sky Sources' are leaking bits and bobs already.

No Cashley, no Ruddy, no Kyle Walker

Kyle Walker has gone backwards hasn't he? Does he still get a game for Spurs?

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 10:57:41 »

He's been injured for the last couple of months (and before that, was pretty rubbish defensively)

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 11:10:38 »

Why do you? Experience of failure. Build for the future, and then next time there will be plenty of experience if its important. We're not gonig to win it so look forward not back.

Spain's 2006 campaign was largely seen as a failure, yet 4 years later, they won the thing. Players like Puyol, Xavi, Casillas had been around for a while by then.

The fact that 17 players are going to be new to this means that there'll be plenty to carry this experience forward, if they're good enough.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 11:15:51 »

Kyle Walker has gone backwards hasn't he? Does he still get a game for Spurs?

Walker, is just the sort you don't want to take to a WC....a useful boy domestically, because he has pace and power, but repeatedly gives the ball away and makes errors of judgement. Glenn Johnson looks like the pick, on the basis there's no one better...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: