Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Supermarine to develop ground  (Read 1829 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« on: Friday, February 2, 2007, 12:47:35 »

The target is conference standards

Interesting read

http://www.adver.co.uk/display.var.1166553.0..php

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, February 2, 2007, 12:54:07 »

i watch them quite often and wish them well.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, February 2, 2007, 13:17:14 »

would be good for them if that gets the go ahead. very interesting read.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #3 on: Friday, February 2, 2007, 14:41:36 »

I'm never sure whether I should hate Supermarine or not, I mean they are our local 'rivals' after all. And they do have a fucking ridiculous name for a football club. Fuck it thats it I hate them, hope they don't get planning permission for their ground or something, that'll teach the filthy little fuckers, I've always hated Supermarine I have.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, February 2, 2007, 15:33:27 »

It's great name which reflects the history of the area. Furthermore, there is not need to hate them. They are not our rivals.

That is all.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #5 on: Friday, February 2, 2007, 15:35:47 »

Any chance of us groundsharing with them? as the own the land and propery around it, and with Cliff Puffett up there could we not build a new stadium up there for STFC and have smaller facilities for Supermarine? Smalller stadium as well there?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, February 2, 2007, 15:42:09 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazza"
Any chance of us groundsharing with them? as the own the land and propery around it, and with Cliff Puffett up there could we not build a new stadium up there for STFC and have smaller facilities for Supermarine? Smalller stadium as well there?

That sounds quite sensible on the face of it. I guess Supermarine would be against it as they would fear being swallowed up the much bigger club. It would surely be worth looking at though.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, February 2, 2007, 15:58:46 »

something like a super sports village up there would be a great idea. some 5 a side pitches, a cricket pitch, an athletics track and a swimming pool or something. there could be 2 grounds. one for us and one for them . in the rare event of them climbing the leagues that would then lead to them sharing our bigger ground. sounds like a decent idea to me.
mattboyslim

« Reply #8 on: Friday, February 2, 2007, 15:59:20 »

One major concern aside from the hassle of being miles from civilisation, the pitch - 2 matches per week would tear it up real bad.  To me a new stadium shoudl be able to offer a pristine playing surface.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, February 2, 2007, 16:15:35 »

We'd have a smaller stadium for Supermarine, with our big boy next to it, rather like the Nou Camp (I believe) where there training pitch/stadium is a few yards away from their main stadium.  Thus solving pitch problem.

Although I'd not like Town to move out of the centre.  However that would be much better than leaving town altogether.
mattboyslim

« Reply #10 on: Friday, February 2, 2007, 16:18:45 »

Themini nou camp is pretty much next door, holding 20,000ish IIRC, they haev the facilities for all the FCB sports teams - handball, basketball etc.  I think we should use that as a model!  Play our reserve and youth games at the supermarine ground, in the shadow of the mighty hunts copse super stadium!
Piemonte

« Reply #11 on: Friday, February 2, 2007, 16:32:29 »

Yes, perhaps we should have a whole family of 7 stadiums to accomodate the relative size of the team that uses it. Stadium 7 could be used by Highworth under 10's.

Come on fellas :-))(
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, February 2, 2007, 16:39:38 »

I thin kit's pretty obvious this is all pie in the sky PM.

Although that is a good idea to get the kids involved!   Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: