Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kolpak players...  (Read 1786 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, May 13, 2008, 20:02:11 »

.....watched Northants v Warks on Sunday, and Nhants must have had  6 South Africans playing.....Andrew Hall, Johan Van der Wath,  Johann Loew, Nicky Boje, Rikki Wessels,  Lance Klusener.  All bar Wessels over 30...whats it all about Alfie?  Are there no young English players who'd fancy a game. what about Boeta? oh.

Warks although losing had at least some young Engloish players in the side.....of course their star man was Jonathan Trott...a South African....at least he's taken the time to qualify for England...KP style.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 13, 2008, 21:29:39 »

Kolpak ruling ruins the game here in England i knew it would from day 1. I also think 1 overseas player is enough.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 13, 2008, 22:10:15 »

ECB are trying to do something about it. It's only going to get worse, because Australia and New Zealand are going to get Kolpak status soon Hmmm...

At the moment clubs get fined 2 grand per kolpak player per game, and thats fine under EU law. Could they not just add an extra 0? Would put them off sharpish.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 14, 2008, 10:54:43 »

Can't they just say you have to play X amount of english players over the season, or each match. Its not hard. You can still empoy the kolpak players, but not play them.

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 14, 2008, 17:44:38 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"
Can't they just say you have to play X amount of english players over the season, or each match. Its not hard. You can still empoy the kolpak players, but not play them.

Don't think counties are going to employ players and not play them, Dave.

Its quite simply that several counties believe they can be more competitive with mercanaries, rather than take the time to develop English talent....which is what some think the counties should exist for.  The same has happened in football, and to a lesser degree rugby union.

Can you imagine the Aussie state comp featuring teams with 5 or 6 old South Africans?

Nothing wrong with having a couple of top class overseas players, per side.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 14, 2008, 19:17:09 »

I was thinking more along the lines that counties HAVE to play say at least 7 english players each match, and the rest can be whatever. They can stil have as many kolpak players on their books as they want, but with this rule they're less likely too, and i dont see how it would break any EU laws.

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: