Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC - V - Port Vale Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38048 times)
Dozno9

« Reply #30 on: Saturday, April 28, 2012, 08:22:53 »

If they can't perform today after what's happened on and off the pitch in the past weeks then I despair.

It'll be a magnificent 4-0 win with showboating and plenty of olays.

Coyr
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, April 28, 2012, 08:30:39 »

Well today is the day shame about the weather but seeing us lift the title will make up for that.  I'm sure it will be nervy but think we will be strong enough to win 2-0.  COYR
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, April 28, 2012, 08:49:48 »

I really am worried about this. We seem too confidence that we are going to walk all over Port Vale. They aren't a bad team, and the best team that we have played so far, Shrewsbury, only snuck a 1-0 against them recently, when both teams had chances. I can't ever remember good times against Port Vale - Only frustration. Furthermore, I have the same feeling as the Wembley final against Chesterfield - I'm worried.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, April 28, 2012, 08:52:08 »

I really am worried about this. We seem too confidence that we are going to walk all over Port Vale. They aren't a bad team, and the best team that we have played so far, Shrewsbury, only snuck a 1-0 against them recently, when both teams had chances. I can't ever remember good times against Port Vale - Only frustration. Furthermore, I have the same feeling as the Wembley final against Chesterfield - I'm worried.

Yep, I'm have that 'experience over hope' feeling...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, April 28, 2012, 08:58:17 »

4-0 swindon

I come from a land down-under
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, April 28, 2012, 09:13:41 »

On the 11.45 from paddington. 3-1 today!! Feeling confident!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, April 28, 2012, 09:20:48 »

We are top of the table and haven't lost at home since august. Port vale are 13th and have bugger all to play for.

I would be very surprised if we did not win

Things get better but they never get good
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, April 28, 2012, 09:22:51 »

I've gone for a repeat of that end-of-season thrashing we gave them a few years back. 6-0. Ben Joyce to score. Eventually.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, April 28, 2012, 09:24:12 »

Vale's 13th position is artificial thanks to the 10 point deduction. No pressure on them is probably a disadvantage.

But as Dave says, our home form can not be ignored. I still reckon 1-1 with the Shrews also drawing.
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, April 28, 2012, 09:43:48 »

I've woken up still drunk from last night. Should I man up, jump on a fucking train and come to this one?

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
Coca Fola

« Reply #40 on: Saturday, April 28, 2012, 09:46:31 »

I've woken up still drunk from last night. Should I man up, jump on a fucking train and come to this one?
Of course. You'd be a fool to miss this one.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, April 28, 2012, 09:51:50 »

I think you should stay at home and miss the possibility of seeing us win our 1st trophy for 16 years

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, April 28, 2012, 09:56:46 »

Why aren't you on the train already?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, April 28, 2012, 10:03:20 »

The last time I was nervous before a finalish game of the season v Vale...was in Hoddle's first season at the Wembley of the North.  We were sort of safe from relegation, in that we needed to lose about 7-0, and the team below win. Hoddle obviously felt confident, as he tinkered with the team a bit....when we were 2 down inside the first 20 minutes or so, I started to worry...but Adie Vivash, got one just before half time, and we only lost 3-1.

The game was also significant as it was the last STFC game for Paul Rideout...who came back on loan for a bit, to no discernible effect....he was subbed, giving Shaun Close a 20 minute cameo master class of comically incompetent finishing  Smiley

An early goal for us today would be a  good thing....
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #44 on: Saturday, April 28, 2012, 10:07:07 »

I agree that an early goal will help settle the players nerves somewhat.

I too was at that game at Vale Park, Rideout was almost an embarressment when he came back for the loan period, a mere shadow of his old self. One of the worst players on the pitch that day.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: