Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peterborough United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 58714 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, November 22, 2014, 18:20:25 »

Your most optimistic post this season Wink
I think you are right, a few clubs like Liverpool and Everton we have only beat once in the last hundred years or so but they all count. Thats a pretty good record TBF.

Reg has been pretty optimistic all season - I think he must be coming down with something  Cool
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, November 22, 2014, 18:24:48 »

Rumour is that Preston's goal should never have counted, as it should have been a City free kick. Cotterill didn't see it but knew at the time it wasn't a goal. He's seen the replay 4 times now - it doesn't show the incident but it proves him right.

Wink

Great win for us today. Really didn't expect to get the win, and to take 9 points from the last 4 games is more than I think any of us expected. The classic Town move would be to go and lose to Fleetwood. Let's hope we've got a bit more about us this year, and get the result, whether it takes us top or not.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, November 22, 2014, 18:37:41 »

Sounds to me like Mr Ferguson is about to partake in the Managerial 'Hokey Cokey' Hmmm
He's since clarified the new approach didn't mean management, just players. Backtrack backtrack..
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, November 22, 2014, 18:43:12 »

He's since clarified the new approach didn't mean management, just players. Backtrack backtrack..
Even though he said...as I cant defend management setting up for a 0-0 at home,nor defend at 0-2 down waiting till 72nd Min to bring on- Hmmm

Anywhooo...Posh fans not too happy..

Another woeful performance, Swindon declared after they went 2 up. Posh finally woke up with 10 to go and could have drawn with the last kick but that would have been unjust. Swindon as usual played Posh off the park in the first half and were unlucky to go in only one up. Maclean looked lively and managed to make the ball stick which was an improvement. Newell my Posh MOM - why doesn't he use that long throw more - it's a dangerous weapon?

Taken from http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25521&start=30
Anyone found any better Posh forums? There's not that much on there really but it's the best one I've found.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, November 22, 2014, 18:50:02 »

He wasn't chairman when Coops was in charge was he?

Yeah he appointed him
chunky monkey

« Reply #200 on: Saturday, November 22, 2014, 18:50:33 »

But at least their manager and chairman didn't blame us/referee/sending off for them losing, they were gracious in defeat (in comparison).

He's a decent chairman
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, November 22, 2014, 18:54:17 »

He's a decent chairman
I like him as well. I have to say though, I am delighted with Power. I would venture that they are not that dissimilar, albeit McAnthony is a bit more 'flashy' for want of a better word.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 22, 2014, 18:56:22 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
chunky monkey

« Reply #202 on: Saturday, November 22, 2014, 18:58:26 »

I like him as well. I have to say though, I am delighted with Power. I would venture that they are not that dissimilar, albeit McAnthony is a bit more 'flashy' for want of a better word.

And has a bit more cash to flash. Yes, I'm happy with what we have, it's going very well
Flashheart

« Reply #203 on: Saturday, November 22, 2014, 18:59:29 »

I also like him.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, November 22, 2014, 19:04:39 »

I'm indifferent and waiting for my curry to arrive.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, November 22, 2014, 19:13:50 »

That should have been more comfortable second half after going in front.
First half we simply had all the time in the world in the middle of the park and they didn't press us.
What a result though. Would have taken a point today.

Some good last ditch defending second half and a easy miss for them but we still had chances and hit the post first half.

Get down the CG next Saturday. I am bringing 4 adults and hoping for a decent crowd that this team deserves.

Mom for me today was Byrne, just shading Nathan and Branco however it was an all round performance and pleasing that we did it without Pirlo, Mass and Smith starting.

Starting to believe.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, November 22, 2014, 19:25:50 »

Even though he said...as I cant defend management setting up for a 0-0 at home,nor defend at 0-2 down waiting till 72nd Min to bring on- Hmmm

Anywhooo...Posh fans not too happy..

Another woeful performance, Swindon declared after they went 2 up. Posh finally woke up with 10 to go and could have drawn with the last kick but that would have been unjust. Swindon as usual played Posh off the park in the first half and were unlucky to go in only one up. Maclean looked lively and managed to make the ball stick which was an improvement. Newell my Posh MOM - why doesn't he use that long throw more - it's a dangerous weapon?

Taken from http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25521&start=30
Anyone found any better Posh forums? There's not that much on there really but it's the best one I've found.

At least they can accept defeat gracefully,  not like them wankers from down the M4.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, November 22, 2014, 19:39:48 »

Shitty play Peterboro on the tele on Friday.

If they don't win, then we can overtake them next week...

This is very fortunate.  I could see a very healthy gate at home next Saturday - and all the more so if Bristol fail to win the night before.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, November 22, 2014, 19:54:04 »

This is very fortunate.  I could see a very healthy gate at home next Saturday - and all the more so if Bristol fail to win the night before.

Hopefully the free kid+adult Trust ticket initiative will bulster the numbers, lets be honest, Fleetwood isn't the biggest draw.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, November 22, 2014, 19:54:49 »

And has a bit more cash to flash. Yes, I'm happy with what we have, it's going very well
And that as well...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: