Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why do you support Swindon Town?  (Read 30281 times)
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 10:28:15 »

Yeah there was another thread about this pretty recently wasn't there?
Dozno9

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 10:28:50 »

Born and bred in Swindon, Mum and Dad not interested in football so went with my Grandad and cousins. Loved playing footie as a kid and now emotionally attached to STFC. Now got 2 small kids and will encourage (sorry force) them to follow STFC and ignore the Premiership as it trys to envelop youngsters.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 11:01:50 »

My local team and Dave Mitchell got me free tickets. Cheesy

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 11:07:45 »

My grampy supported town as does my dad as do I and now as does my boyfriend and my godsons as will my kids whether they like it or not!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 11:10:37 »

Swindon born and bred, was taken to my first games around 1995 by a friends dad.
spacey

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 11:10:52 »

Up until the age of about 6 my dad used to take me to go and see Bolton.It was at this time that my Grandad took me and my brother to one side and said " look lads, I think you should know neither of you were born in Bolton, and in my opinion you should be supporting the club from the Town you were born."

the following conversation with my mum is exactly how it happened  

Me: Mum, where was I born? Grandad reckons I should support the club from where I was born.

My lovely mum: Does he now, your dad's not gonna be pleased about that.

Me: well where was I born then?

My lovely mum: Swindon

Me: No seriously, where was I born?

My lovely mum: I told you, Swindon.

Me: I'm not laughing here, just tell me honestly.

My lovely mum: You were born in Swindon

(sound of my Grandad pissing himself laughing in background)

Me: oh for fuc......

My lovely mum: Get to your room!
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 11:11:53 »

looks like a few wokingham reds on here.

My kids will also be supporting swindon.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 11:13:40 »

Lived in Swindon for a few years in the 80's and early 90's. Went a few times when Macari was manager but got hooked after watching Ossie's team. Haven't lived anywhere near Swindon since 1992 and seen some absolute shite over the last 17 years, but Swindon's my team and always will be.

It's All Good..............
Highland Robin

« Reply #38 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 11:48:26 »

Born in Pompey (forces), but moved to Swindon area when still a babe; but no-one in my family interested in football.  went away to school where everyone supported either Pompey or Plymouth (navy school), and decided in 1968.....must get interested.   Not a bad season to start supporting Town!  Suffered hugely on 15 March 1969 at school, but it spurred me on!  Since adulthood have never lived close to Swindon (and am now in the far north of Scotland!, but always tried to get to local teams when Town were playing, which involved highspots - 3-3 at Fulham with Moore, Marsh and Best playing against us...the best game of football I've ever seen....and lowspots - 1-0 defeat at Huddersfield season before last, probably the worst I've ever seen!!

Could never ever change my allegiance regardless of how frustrating; but do always look out for Hereford, bcos I was their chaplain for a while just after the Hillsborough disaster.  Love feeling a part (even from great distance) of my 'home' club and cannot stand the fair weather supporters, or those who just chase the big successful clubs.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 12:32:01 »

Swindon born and bred. Coming from Irish stock and my parents being part of the London overspill in the 50's they had no lyalties and weren't football fans. My oldest brother was Chelsea and took me to my 1st game in 1971 - my 2nd game was home v The Arse in 72. Went on and off until 76 when I went regularly with some mates in the Town End and was hooked. The TE was great fun in those days.
My oldest brother died 18 months ago but if it wasnt for him I may not have had the fun I have had following Town.
My 14 year old daugher is proud to be Town and has a ST. My 10 year old is also Town and goes occasionally. I'm also proud that they have no Prem team - they are just Town. My 7 year old lad isn't interested yet but I hope he will do when he's ready.   
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 12:53:26 »

Got into football as a youngster none of the family was into football but decided I wanted to watch football used to listen on the radio before I was old enough to go on my own started going to see Swindon with a freind and started to go more and more often on my own until I just had the bug and was addicted

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 12:54:34 »

swindon born and bred. my parents are not big football fans, my mum used to go in her youth(upper tier of the shrivvy road)and her father was a big stfc fan who was a regular(gutted he died when i was 2 so i never got to hear the tales from himself)
i was football mad from a young age with no gentle shoving from parents.it was just in me i suppose.liked liverpool until i went along to my first town game with my cousins aged 11 and that was that.
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 13:06:25 by arriba » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 13:00:03 »

[NMH]  #### me.  I was going to post something as well, but I can't follow that.
Thank you (but I'm glad you did). Interesting how everyone has personal stories.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 13:11:10 »

Moved here when I was 16,went with a lad I was working with and got hooked.Ive fallen in and out of it over the years though.

/
W56196272
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 13:48:31 »

Born in PMH. Dad and Granddad were both big fans. Still go with my dad to games.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: