Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson Out  (Read 80792 times)
dell boy

« Reply #345 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 11:41:43 »

Dell might be established, but to most on here he is still the enemy from past years.

As for being positive I cannot think of much to be so.

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 11:43:34 »

Except it's not discussion is it Paul, it's established posters leaping on anyone who doesn't share their view, that's his point, and he's absolutley right.

I went last night. And we are in massive trouble. Defensively we look worse than Basingstoke Town.
We had a brief spell of dominance just after the break and scored.. But whats the point when the other team can just stroll down the pitch and score another one themselves..?

Something's drastically wrong. Wilson doesn't know how to change things and needs to go. Now. This is about the time he himself came in 2 years ago. A new manager would have loan options and bring new ideas to the table. (After all that's all Wilson himself had to work with 2 years ago).

I like Wilson. I was pleased with his appointment but he clearly just can't do the job any more. One win in Ten. Leaking goals for fun. Out of all the cups at home to Brentford, Orient and Crawley.. And now in the relegation zone having played more games than most other teams and having just lost our leading goal scorer. How can any of you want Wilson to stay?

I'd like to see Fitton bring in a new manager right now. For me it's the only way we can stay in League 1.

I think part of the problem is that most of the new posters who come in making comments like that geezer did earlier are no where near as reasoned as you and an awful lot of them haven't been to the games.  They just shout Wilson out.

I, and Im sure most people on this forum, don't mind reason discussion.  Its just that its not what we are getting most of the time.

I didn't go last night but was encouraged by what I heard from people I believe.  I did go on Saturday and felt that a huge change was evident in the attitude, application and play of the team.  I strongly believe that there has been a weight lifted off their shoulders and they will turn the corner.  Leaking goals for fun?  Previous to last night we've had 2 clean sheets.

I do find it amazing that people at the games have not noticed a huge change.  I find it more amazing the willingness people not at the games have to demand sackings. (Obviously Im not including you in that as you've been at the games).

If we dont win on Saturday it may be a different matter.  I may start panicking then.

Never knowingly overstated.
Spencer_White

« Reply #347 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 11:45:47 »

i agree that the time to sack wilson has been and gone.
fitton is clearly backing his manager and has allowed him to bring in more players.
if we go down then it will be the blame of both wilson and fitton,and they can sort that out in the summer.

the forum has gone into meltdown lately.this is not purely down to 'retards' but also established posters who leap on anyone who doesn't share the majority view,or is new to the site.

I know what you are saying, and I am guilty.

But it is hard fighting against the tide of negitivity and sometimes down right ignorance.

When someone's main argument for Wilson to be sacked is that he cant motivate the team, and weve just last night had our side put in one of the best shifts in they have all season then yeah, I do get a bit pissed off with it.

As fans we are at the crucial stage, we can implode (and make ourselves feel better by being the lynch mob, but go down) or we can support and give ourselves the best chance of getting out of it. Supporters remmember.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 11:45:56 »

Except it's not discussion is it Paul, it's established posters leaping on anyone who doesn't share their view
So what are "established posters" supposed to do? Not participate in discussions where they disagree with people? Stop being so precious, the whole purpose of the forum is for people to be able to express their opinions, and it often gets done robustly. If people think you're talking sense, they're likely to agree with you, if they think you're talking bollocks, they'll probably tell you so. Apologies if this means I'm "leaping on you"
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 11:47:25 »

Dell might be established, but to most on here he is still the enemy from past years.
I think you're either a touch paranoid or simply overrating your impact Smiley
Spencer_White

« Reply #350 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 11:49:41 »

Basingstoke Town? No it wasnt great 1st half, but their first goal was a deflection, and their winner was a foul on Phil Smith.

The Bristol Rovers game Id have some sympathy, but not last night.
dell boy

« Reply #351 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 11:55:17 »

I think you're either a touch paranoid or simply overrating your impact Smiley

Not paranoid, just not part of click on here and never will be.

In the past I loved the old argy-bargy threads but have purposely kept away from them over the last year 'Click Bate'.

I feel very strongly about the Wilson issue and believe he has to go as stated in my original post I am not normally a manager basher. Mr Spencer of course points out my main point of my post was motivation, which of course it was not, it was one line.
Spencer_White

« Reply #352 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 12:01:28 »

Not paranoid, just not part of click on here and never will be.

In the past I loved the old argy-bargy threads but have purposely kept away from them over the last year 'Click Bate'.

I feel very strongly about the Wilson issue and believe he has to go as stated in my original post I am not normally a manager basher. Mr Spencer of course points out my main point of my post was motivation, which of course it was not, it was one line.

It was the only reason you gave that he couldnt turn it round in the future.

Theres no denying it has been a poor season. But is Wilson 100% to blame? Could any manager have let go of the players we had last season (Paynter, Greer, Morrison, Austin) and got us in the play offs?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 12:09:00 »

Clique?! Its not about that. That is a childish thing to say. Not everyone is 'mates' on here.

People make rational decisions about the manager, the board, the players yet don't really think about their rationality. We lost last night to a team who were 2nd in the league. We didn't deserve to lose.

Slagging the manager off isn't going to acheive anything.

If we win on saturday will you be slagging him then?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 12:12:42 »

For instance you state, "Defensively we look worse than Basingstoke Town." Do we? Well please tell me the 2 previous results before last night. That FACT doesn't tie with your opinion so you've ignored it. (Unless you can find a nice negative reason why we kept 2 clean sheets of course.) That is what is annoying: the solace people seem to find in pessimism, and the negatives, when there are clearly positives to be seen. It annoys me that people can't even be bothered to find a positive, because as far as they're concerned there are none.

Eloquently and succinctly put.  This sums up exactly my feelings....

The unjustified reasoning on here does my nut, and the likelihood is insiders at the club read some of this crap.  I sincerely hope Fitton takes little notice of what's on here and follows the route he's taken.  Fitton has his head screwed on, and is in it for the long haul.  It would take a severe downturn in the club's fortunes for him to sack Wilson.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 12:14:19 by walrus » Logged
dell boy

« Reply #355 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 12:14:00 »

Clique?! Its not about that. That is a childish thing to say. Not everyone is 'mates' on here.

People make rational decisions about the manager, the board, the players yet don't really think about their rationality. We lost last night to a team who were 2nd in the league. We didn't deserve to lose.

Slagging the manager off isn't going to acheive anything.

If we win on saturday will you be slagging him then?

I thought he should have gone before Bristol Rovers, a win on Saturday will not change my view.
Hopefully we can stay up, I belive in my opinion that the club needs a new face to regenerate life into it.
My point about Fitton growing some balls was to make a bold decision now, instead of the easy option when Wilson's contract runs out and we are relegated.

Regarding last nights game, on the stats on the BBC site do not agree with your interpretation, re shots on target and off target and possession, even though it was obviously an improved performance.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 12:18:48 »

My point about Fitton growing some balls was to make a bold decision now, instead of the easy option when Wilson's contract runs out and we are relegated.

Regarding last nights game, on the stats on the BBC site do not agree with your interpretation, re shots on target and off target and possession, even though it was obviously an improved performance.

The 'easy option' for Fitton would have been to boot out Danny after the Bristol Rovers game. The chairman who has balls will stand by his decision to appoint the manager in the first place.

Remember when Fergie was first appointed? Man Utd almost went down, but his chairman stuck with him , and the rest is history. I'm not saying that we're in any way comparable to Man Utd, but it just goes to show that a manager can become successful over time, but will obviously have a few hiccups along the way.

Wilson undoubtedly has an eye for a player, his teams play good football on the whole, and he seems to have a good relationship with Fitton.

There are so many reasons to think that we can get out of the relegation zone and push on up the table. Changing a manager now would be suicidal, and pointless.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 12:20:20 »

Im sitting on the fence as far as Wilson goes at the moment, as others stated the time to sack him has been and gone. Also a change in management does not guarentee we would pull away from the relegation zone. Although I do think that Wilsons failure to replace key players from last year has cost us this year.

We lost Paynter and lost 30 goals from last season we replaced him with Dossevi which hasn't worked out. Greer was a massive loss and we never replaced him at all until Frampton came in, but i wouldn't say he has showed the same class as of yet.

On the plus side we have seen a glimpses of improvement in the last few games, but we cant avoid the fact that its February and we are in the relagation zone. This IMO is the crucial month for Wilson as he has been allowed to bring in Players whcih he needs to be given time with, although the clock is ticking for us and this is a results business and 1 win in 9 is relegation form.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 12:58:01 »

I can't help but think sticking with him will be a better decision longer term. He got us out of a mess and took us to a play off final when nothing was expected of him. Yeah, he hasn't done well this season but at the same time we've had rotten luck this season and we're suffering a massive playoff hangover which is pretty common.

We've shown enough times this season that we can be a fucking good team, and the last few performances have been encouraging. Wilson is a good manager, you'd do well to find a player that doesn't like him, and he hasn't become crap overnight.

Chopping and changing managers will do us no good. We all moaned at Sturrock and Wise's lack of loyalty, why should we have the right to moan about them if we show Wilson no loyalty? Granted this season has been poor but, with a little perspective, he's done a great job here and has produced the best football my generation has seen.

I'd keep him, for a long time. Finish this season with a bit of momentum (I'm confident he'll keep us up and we'll finish strong) and go into next season flying, with the younger players continuing to improve.

Maybe I'm a little naïve thinking longer term, but I just feel very strongly that Fitton's doing a good job by backing him. Even if we do go down, who would do a better job at getting us out of that league than Wilson?! There's no better manager for that level, should the worst happen.

It's tough because obviously we all want instant success and this year it aint happening, but I'm confident if he's still given the time and funds, Wilson will do good things here.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #359 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 13:02:21 »

I'm with you tails. Good performance last night lacking only a striker and a bit of luck
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: