Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson Out  (Read 80777 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 09:22:49 »

If we were going to sack Wilson, the time to do it was before, or right at the start of, the window. Sacking him now just completely fucks up any chance whatever of the new signings actually being able to settle in properly and showing if they can get us out of the shit. What kind of message would it send to (e.g.) Flint and Benyon? "Welcome to Swindon Town, we've just sacked the bloke who signed you cos he's a fucking idiot". Doesn't inspire them with any confidence they'd get a fair crack, does it?

Whether we like it or not, Wilson's here till at least the spring whatever we think of that. As Spence says, our best bet is getting behind the team. You never know, united behind the players we may help lift them out of the shit.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 09:23:33 »

So if we are playing as well as Mr Wilson says we are why are we in the bottom four.

Doesnt quite make sense.

And what doesnt help is that most of the people who write on this forum have never played football in their life and havent got a clue about the game.
Hello, Mr Collymore. The Domestic Violence Unit rang, could you give them a bell back?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 09:23:56 »

i thought i woulld of woken up this morning to find out he has been sacked !!!!!

what a joke he has had more than enough time , other teams around us have up to four games in hand now, we are in serious trouble.

get rid now !!!!!

This is possibly the greatest idea I have ever seen.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 09:24:32 »

So if we are playing as well as Mr Wilson says we are why are we in the bottom four.

Doesnt quite make sense.

And what doesnt help is that most of the people who write on this forum have never played football in their life and havent got a clue about the game.

Whereas you are an ex league manager of 20 years experience after a successful international career playing centre midfield for England...FFS give it a rest
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 09:30:31 by redbullzeye » Logged
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 09:26:33 »

is it wrong to not want to argue with gibbo? am i getting old? christ barry get working on that ignore button as not only gibbo but i might also book a flight to norway armed with a shotgun
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 09:29:07 »

Doesnt quite make sense.

It's quite simple really. We've been playing well in the last 2 or 3 games. Simple maths indicates that we were bound to get dragged into it regardless of how well the last few games went.  It makes perfect sense.

Which football league side have you played for? What level coaching badges do you have?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
gibbo1012

« Reply #336 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 09:32:15 »

We are not consistent in playing a formation, not consistent in playing the same players and not playing our best players.

GK - Smith
LB - Rose
RB - Caddis
CB - Frampton
CB - Cuthbert
RM - Mcgovern
LM - O'Brien
CM - Ferry
CM - Douglas
ST - Ritchie
ST - Benyon or Dossevi
Barry Scott

« Reply #337 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 09:42:30 »

is it wrong to not want to argue with gibbo? am i getting old? christ barry get working on that ignore button as not only gibbo but i might also book a flight to norway armed with a shotgun

Will do. It's taking longer than expected. I'll have some time this afternoon, so I'll give it a go then. Fuck it, I might see if I can do it now!
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 09:46:34 »

That's the kind of thing i would expect to see on the adver site not on here, I think you will find most or nearly all have played the game and know how the game is played whether it be school team football or sunday league etc.

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 09:51:56 »

i agree that the time to sack wilson has been and gone.
fitton is clearly backing his manager and has allowed him to bring in more players.
if we go down then it will be the blame of both wilson and fitton,and they can sort that out in the summer.

the forum has gone into meltdown lately.this is not purely down to 'retards' but also established posters who leap on anyone who doesn't share the majority view,or is new to the site.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 09:52:11 »

What's that team in reference to??

Sacking Wilson now would be madness.  Stability in all areas of a club breeds success.  In my opinion, the mistake was not selling Austin in the summer, but then would we have received the same over-inflated fee?  The performances I've seen this season suggest we will not be floundering in the relegation zone come May.

I cannot understand the assumptions that a potential Wilson replacement would be an improvement.  Who's to say we won't appoint another Maurice Malpas or Iffy Onoura?  Would people be so quick to bay for blood if they thought Shirtliff was the potential replacement?  I've seen Gary Johnson's name banded around, and admittedly he succeeded where Wilson failed, but City's setup and objectives were very different from our own.  He worryingly reminds me of a cigar-chain-smoking tyranical bigot who ruled the club not so very long ago.  And this is after the assumption that Johnson would be willing to join his former club's fierce rivals, dropping down to the League One basement having flirted with the notion of managing in the Premiership.

I concede Dossevi and Pericard are not performing, and Wilson has to take responsibility for this.  But the signing of Benyon and promise of more forwards to come shows he's answering the fans' calls.  Surely he should be granted time to see out the rebuilding of the team and see if he can turn out it round?
Barry Scott

« Reply #341 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 10:30:38 »

Will do. It's taking longer than expected. I'll have some time this afternoon, so I'll give it a go then. Fuck it, I might see if I can do it now!

Can't get the fucking thing to work properly. Sad

I really should think about upgrading this forum and fucking the arcade off, problem solved!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 10:53:52 »

the forum has gone into meltdown lately.this is not purely down to 'retards' but also established posters who leap on anyone who doesn't share the majority view,or is new to the site.
It's called discussion. It's kind of the point of having a forum Smiley
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 11:18:44 »

It's called discussion. It's kind of the point of having a forum Smiley

Except it's not discussion is it Paul, it's established posters leaping on anyone who doesn't share their view, that's his point, and he's absolutley right.

I went last night. And we are in massive trouble. Defensively we look worse than Basingstoke Town.
We had a brief spell of dominance just after the break and scored.. But whats the point when the other team can just stroll down the pitch and score another one themselves..?

Something's drastically wrong. Wilson doesn't know how to change things and needs to go. Now. This is about the time he himself came in 2 years ago. A new manager would have loan options and bring new ideas to the table. (After all that's all Wilson himself had to work with 2 years ago).

I like Wilson. I was pleased with his appointment but he clearly just can't do the job any more. One win in Ten. Leaking goals for fun. Out of all the cups at home to Brentford, Orient and Crawley.. And now in the relegation zone having played more games than most other teams and having just lost our leading goal scorer. How can any of you want Wilson to stay?

I'd like to see Fitton bring in a new manager right now. For me it's the only way we can stay in League 1.

Barry Scott

« Reply #344 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 11:36:32 »

Except it's not discussion is it Paul, it's established posters leaping on anyone who doesn't share their view, that's his point, and he's absolutley right.

I went last night. And we are in massive trouble. Defensively we look worse than Basingstoke Town.
We had a brief spell of dominance just after the break and scored.. But whats the point when the other team can just stroll down the pitch and score another one themselves..?

Something's drastically wrong. Wilson doesn't know how to change things and needs to go. Now. This is about the time he himself came in 2 years ago. A new manager would have loan options and bring new ideas to the table. (After all that's all Wilson himself had to work with 2 years ago).

I like Wilson. I was pleased with his appointment but he clearly just can't do the job any more. One win in Ten. Leaking goals for fun. Out of all the cups at home to Brentford, Orient and Crawley.. And now in the relegation zone having played more games than most other teams and having just lost our leading goal scorer. How can any of you want Wilson to stay?

I'd like to see Fitton bring in a new manager right now. For me it's the only way we can stay in League 1.

It's far from established posters leaping up against those that don't share their views. Dell is very much a established poster, do you see everyone agreeing with him?

The difference in posters is not defined by how long they've been established, but by the rationale of their posts. Half the posts who want Wilson out, by coincidence, don't have balanced views, but read more like angry rants after failing to consider facts.

For instance you state, "Defensively we look worse than Basingstoke Town." Do we? Well please tell me the 2 previous results before last night. That FACT doesn't tie with your opinion so you've ignored it. (Unless you can find a nice negative reason why we kept 2 clean sheets of course.) That is what is annoying: the solace people seem to find in pessimism, and the negatives, when there are clearly positives to be seen. It annoys me that people can't even be bothered to find a positive, because as far as they're concerned there are none.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: