Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson Out  (Read 80755 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #285 on: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 11:02:55 »

Nope i think people assumed when they were told that Best holdings were funded it that we paid fee's.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #286 on: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 11:06:01 »

We spent a combined £315,000 on transfers in 07/08
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #287 on: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 11:07:56 »

What players were actually signed again mate during that year? I can't remember
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #288 on: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 11:10:32 »

McGovern
Paynter
Cox
McNamee

The rest were all unattached/bosman deals.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 11:42:24 »

not that I really see the point in this topic/debate but having read it, I'm pretty sure we paid for McGovern.

In respect of Wilson, I think the divide between the fans has come as a result of some (including me) expecting him to turn it around sooner, whereas others have lost patience earlier. Stating the obvious but....
Has he become a 'bad' manager overnight? Unlikely.
Is it easier to manage/give a team-talk to a winning side? Yes.
Has he lost the confidence in himself and the players and thus struggles to manage/motivate a losing side? Yes.
Is he a nearly man and will remain to be so for the rest of his career managing at no higher than League 1 level?Probably.
Onto the question of should he be sacked?....if his contract is up at the end of the season and the board have in mind A N Other to manage us, do they let him loose with some cash in this transfer window bringing in players he wants that the new manager may not fancy?or do they hope we can survive in League 1 with what we have?
I don't know what the answer is (clearly) and I can't see them sacking him or him walking away.So as hard as it is to accept such a decline since last season, lets at least attempt to get positive and get behind whatever team he picks on Tuesday.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 13:13:46 »

McGovern and Paynter were both under contract else where when we signed then, so would have thought we would have had to have paid something.
Lumps

« Reply #291 on: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 13:37:34 »

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Transfers.asp?Season=2007-2008

suggests fees were paid for both Paynter and JP and the site isn't often wrong
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #292 on: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 13:44:28 »

An undisclosed fee could also be £0 anyway.
Lumps

« Reply #293 on: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 13:48:43 »

An undisclosed fee could also be £0 anyway.

True enough, but it also means that the handful of people having a tantrum that someone is "making figures up" are also talking out of their respective arses.

Undisclosed fee means exactly that, we don't know and aren't likely to find out anytime soon
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #294 on: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 13:49:45 »

True enough, but it also means that the handful of people having a tantrum that someone is "making figures up" are also talking out of their respective arses.

Undisclosed fee means exactly that, we don't know and aren't likely to find out anytime soon

Yes, the only thing we can see is how much the total cost of transfers was for a particular season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 13:49:47 »

Plus, neither signed by Mr. Wilson anyway.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #296 on: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 13:57:08 »

Plus, neither signed by Mr. Wilson anyway.
N

I can guarantee you i am not talking out my arse.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 16:16:54 »

Unless I've completely misunderstood what you mean, doesn't it actually prove their point? We don't know what the fees are (if any) and aren't likely to find out, so anyone quoting a figure is making it up? I should add I don't really give a flying fuck one way or the other, just curious what your logic is here
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 16:24:06 »

not that I really see the point in this topic/debate but having read it, I'm pretty sure we paid for McGovern.

In respect of Wilson, I think the divide between the fans has come as a result of some (including me) expecting him to turn it around sooner, whereas others have lost patience earlier. Stating the obvious but....
Has he become a 'bad' manager overnight? Unlikely.
Is it easier to manage/give a team-talk to a winning side? Yes.
Has he lost the confidence in himself and the players and thus struggles to manage/motivate a losing side? Yes.
Is he a nearly man and will remain to be so for the rest of his career managing at no higher than League 1 level?Probably.
Onto the question of should he be sacked?....if his contract is up at the end of the season and the board have in mind A N Other to manage us, do they let him loose with some cash in this transfer window bringing in players he wants that the new manager may not fancy?or do they hope we can survive in League 1 with what we have?
I don't know what the answer is (clearly) and I can't see them sacking him or him walking away.So as hard as it is to accept such a decline since last season, lets at least attempt to get positive and get behind whatever team he picks on Tuesday.

I like this.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 16:37:08 »

I like this.

I do too. Good points, well made.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: