Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Plymouth Saturday  (Read 18822 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 18:34:58 »

Their average 6764, our average 8103. I think it is a pretty decent effort by them given their season. But its nothing to be cocky about.
The Frog

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 18:38:23 »

buzzing, but think board have missed a trick by not putting bank tickets on sale straight away. Whenever the bank has been open for home fans it is always packed
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 18:58:32 »

It's all down to 'banter'.

Before the start of the season we appoint a big name manager. A lot of fans are jealous and of course it's only natural to want the big appointment to go tits up for another team. It's bloody great when it happens to other clubs.

We start off poorly, opposition fans lap it up. This is the killer for them, they went at us too soon. Although it hurt loads at the time and I still wish we'd won, losing that Oxford game at the start of the season probably helped us more than we think.

We make steady progress, but we have a lively manager who opposition fans really want to fuck up. His passion rubs off on the home fans but it riles the opposition fans. Paolo's given us some great moments already.

We start to dick the league and go on a brilliant run of form. By now we're the ones rubbing it in the faces of the opposition fans. Their "fuck off Di Canio" chants just make it all the better. Even Di Canio takes satisfaction in showing them what he thinks. I wonder if those Northampton fans regret chanting at him now?

All other teams fans have left to poke fun at us is that Di Canio will be off to West Ham soon. If that did happen then I would be very disappointed but how many of those teams are going to be laughing about it in the basement division. The 'Paolo will leave' comments make me chuckle more than worry for that reason.

I'm loving this season and it's even better that a lot of people hate us.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 19:01:15 »

Spot on Si.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 19:06:37 »

All other teams fans have left to poke fun at us is that Di Canio will be off to West Ham soon. If that did happen then I would be very disappointed but how many of those teams are going to be laughing about it in the basement division. The 'Paolo will leave' comments make me chuckle more than worry for that reason.
It's fucking stupid anyway; any manager with a decent record will move on soon enough. Paolo called be a total unknown from Lincoln called Jeff S. Acunt and oppostion fans would still come out with the same jibes
kaufman

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 19:09:07 »

I'm currently sat chuckling at our managers rallying cry on the official site. It's great.
Flashheart

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 19:18:48 »

It's the "He'll be off if he does well" comments that crack me up, as though him doing well will somehow not be beneficial to us.

I can imagine it...... "He'll be off if he gets you into the championship, where will you be then?". Errrm, in the Championship?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 19:30:23 »

I still like the people that seem to know our finances inside out.

Good times.

I had a bloke from oxford say to me that i should be ashamed that i support swindon but live in oxon. He also said he refuses to buy fifa and 442 because it indirectly finances us.

Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 19:32:39 »

Who said that to you ?? There are fricking 1,000's of Town fans in Oxon.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 19:40:10 »

I'm currently sat chuckling at our managers rallying cry on the official site. It's great.

Its a great speech. Braveheart was a shit by comparison.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 19:42:24 »

Braveheart was shit.

Fixed for you

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 19:42:52 »

I like Plymouth......good fans and given a new ID like say Brighton would get good good crowds.
Thats not to say i hope we stuff em on Saturday.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 19:45:29 »

PDC has a point with what he says, if we can't sell out the next 2 home games then its pretty pants

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 19:51:48 »

Who said that to you ?? There are fricking 1,000's of Town fans in Oxon.

Bloke from kidlington at work
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 19:54:34 »

Bloke from kidlington at work

I delivered to Dulux in Kidlington today...and sometimes drop of at the plastics factory near the bridge.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: