Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The actual game  (Read 19032 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:39:33 »

Experience is over-rated - our last two trips to the home of profit show us that.

Yeah that's my point, it doesnt matter they have more actual experience player wise.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:42:35 »

Their frontline against our leaky defence worries me. However the form of Byrne, Gladwin, Kasim, Smith going into this fills me with confidence. We have to make the most of our chances when we have them.

It's too close to call.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:43:39 »

5-4 to us in normal time
Att: 45,876
kerry red

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:44:35 »

Garner's going for an early bath, I tells ya!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:46:32 »

Garner's going for an early bath, I tells ya!

Joking aside, a bit of luck/deserved sending off like that is all it takes.

Grimsby showed that league position and league point means fuck all at Wembley. Yes they lost on pens, but the match was drawn and they looked slightly better than Rovers at times.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:47:15 »

Yeah that's my point, it doesnt matter they have more actual experience player wise.

I was adding emphasis to your point. FACT.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:50:35 »

Ah I didnt understand FACT FACT
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:53:15 »

Not sure there has ever been a play off final with there being such an outright underdog.

Part of that is to do with the 10 point gap between us at the end of the season, but that's misleading, we were resting players they were going for autos. We've beaten them once this season with our full strength side, there is no reason we can't do it again.

Yes they are favourites, and rightly so, but not sure the difference between the two sides is that big a gulf.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:54:40 »

I also think that deep down, the "actual game" is a big factor in putting people like me off.

The last 2 trips have been bloody brilliant until the game started. The it's become a tiring, early onset hangover, heartbreaking, dull, lifeless waste of time.

I can't face that journey back with my tail between my legs. Again.

I'd rather celebrate in my old mans garden whilst absolutely cunted.

As I said, just make sure you enjoy this bit..
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 13:15:10 »

Part of that is to do with the 10 point gap between us at the end of the season, but that's misleading, we were resting players they were going for autos. We've beaten them once this season with our full strength side, there is no reason we can't do it again.

Yes they are favourites, and rightly so, but not sure the difference between the two sides is that big a gulf.
I agree totally, I was just stating that we ARE underdogs and rightly so even though anyone who has seen us play this season knows we can beat them if we play to the best of our ability.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 13:21:57 »

I also think that deep down, the "actual game" is a big factor in putting people like me off.

The last 2 trips have been bloody brilliant until the game started. The it's become a tiring, early onset hangover, heartbreaking, dull, lifeless waste of time.

I can't face that journey back with my tail between my legs. Again.

I'd rather celebrate in my old mans garden whilst absolutely cunted.

I think this is right. Loads of people paid out a mint to feel shit. Twice. 10,000 of them don't want to take that risk again. Shame, but I kind of see their point. What else would you pay that much for with a 50% chance of misery?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 13:26:34 »

staggered to read how many are writing - well last couple of times I have been to Wembley it wasn`t much fun because we lost --- bloody hell I remember going to game after game when we were on a losing streak destined for the drop - I often questioned what I was doing there but a visit to Wembley no matter what needs to be attended if at possible....surely??

Bathtime
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 13:30:27 »

For the diehard/committed  supporter yes. For the not so committed, no.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 13:43:12 »

I'm going again and we're going to win. Don't care who we're playing, what the form is, or any of it. We are winning.

Simple.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 13:45:08 »

I'm going again and we're going to win. Don't care who we're playing, what the form is, or any of it. We are winning.

Simple.
Exactly. Annoyingly this is also exactly how I felt in 2010. Difference is, this time we're right
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: