Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Milwall V Swindon Town official matchday thread  (Read 52758 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #450 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 09:35:59 »

Didn't notice any problem with the Old Bill though I offered one a 69er and he wasn't having any of it.

Must have been a gay.
Spencer_White

« Reply #451 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 09:36:22 »

I usually aim to get in the ground so I can see the start of the game, but miss the stupid handshake. But it was obvious that you needed to get into this one early. We got the train down at 13.50 ish from London Bridge, and it was already absolutely packed out.

There is only 1 way to get to Millwall, and the overline trains are not as regular or as long as they might be for a 20,000 attendance at the New Den. Anyone leaving it until half 2 leaving London Bridge only has themselves to blame. Particularly as the facilities at the New Den are pretty good. Its easy to get a beer, lots of TV screens etc.

As for the cut throat gestures, down the right hand side, they were all doing them at the start of the game. Then a big ish mob of Swindon lads turned up, and guess what? Didnt see 1 more cut throat gesture. Just a bit of jovial banter about fat blokes. Funny that.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 09:38:26 »

I feel like wet bird shit this morning....

NB - Did enjoy singing 5-0 but yer going down to some Pikeys at Paddington.

Southmoors Massive has got me an away ticket....urgh

Clems Army!
Spencer_White

« Reply #453 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 10:39:00 »

By the way, weve got to sort our support out if we ever want to get some decent support going in these big games.

The fast chanting seemed to come out of a group of younguns in the Town end about 3 years ago, and like a virus it spread to our away support. In big games, you have to keep going with the chanting, otherwise you just never get enough fans singing to make a difference. If people speed up the clapping it all dies out.

I dont understand why we havnt been able to sort it. Its an embaressment to the club and supporters of other clubs pick up on it.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #454 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 10:51:31 »

What can you do though Spencer? I fucking shout my lungs off about the clapping in the townend but it's hard to get people to listen.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #455 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 11:11:44 »

By the way, weve got to sort our support out if we ever want to get some decent support going in these big games.

The fast chanting seemed to come out of a group of younguns in the Town end about 3 years ago, and like a virus it spread to our away support. In big games, you have to keep going with the chanting, otherwise you just never get enough fans singing to make a difference. If people speed up the clapping it all dies out.

I dont understand why we havnt been able to sort it. Its an embaressment to the club and supporters of other clubs pick up on it.

I totally agree.

I love the really slow "oh when the reds" sung by loads of Town fans but its always ruined by speeding up.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
sn5_red

« Reply #456 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 11:34:58 »

taking out the  Clap

the second E-I E-I E-IO is immense for me
fish head

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 13:06:51 »

enjoyable day out and probably the loudest crowd ive seen/heard all season.
play offs is a fantastic acheivement.

went out on the piss as soon as i got back and saw a few of the players out.
(to be fair i didnt see any of them drinking)
i remember slurring to Danny Ward that his goal was great and shook Charlie Austin's hand Spot On
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #458 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 13:32:13 »

Jean-francois went straight home and got on facebook.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 15:12:21 »

Paynters goal was his 25th putting him 2nd top scorer behind Lambert, is there such a thing as a Silver Boot?
Spencer_White

« Reply #460 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 16:09:13 »

What can you do though Spencer? I fucking shout my lungs off about the clapping in the townend but it's hard to get people to listen.

I dont know. But theres no excuse. When we went to Barnet FAC, all their supporters singing were about 15 and they could keep time, they totally embaressed us that day on and off the pitch.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 18:38:58 »

Shoot me down but I thought that was a terrible performance.Dont get me wrong this season has been fantastic but anyone who saw any positives from that game have steamed up rose tinted specs.Our top 4 performers of this campaign(Paynter,Douglas,JPM and Greer)had by far their worst performances of the season that I've personally witnessed.We were a shambles at the back,Lucas was almost as dodgy as their keeper(why didn't we test him more?)we were guileless in mid field(apart from Ferry 1st half) and toothless up front.Millwall were sharper,more tenacious in every department,more incisive with their passing and far more threatening up front.I admire people's optimism but you gotta be realistic we were awful.The good thing is form going into the play-offs is worth little when the games start so hopefully we can turn it around.

Lucas 5
Darby 5
Greer 4
LJF 4
Sheehan 5
JPM 5
Douglas 4
Ferry 6
Ward 6
Paynter 4
Austin 4
Amankwah 6
OBrien 4
Nouble 4

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Spencer_White

« Reply #462 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 18:46:13 »

The last 20 minutes were a bit of a farce. But it must have been obvious for the players that results elsewhere were not going our way.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 18:47:34 »

That's the big question isn't it? (re. Adje's post) Do we carry our mediocre late-season form into the play offs or can Danny get them to forget all that and take the attitude that everyone is starting again from scratch?

Let's hope it's the latter.

I just hope we absolutely go for it on Friday and throw caution to the wind because if we're too cautious we'll lose any way. Amankwa simply has to start in place of Darby. Who starts out of those two will dictate the whole tempo and dynamic of the game IMO.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 19:35:49 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 19:41:06 »

wEll so maybe Adje is right.  I reckon Wilson didn't want to lay into the players too much yesterday afterwards, probably no point in doing that at this point.  We didn't play well, but we have to move on otherwise it's clear what will happen.

Have to say also Adje was a picture of suffering yesterday, lives and breathes this stuff you can tell.  It's definitely difficult to enjoy it all, maybe when we look back we'll ltalk about how much fun it all was (?)
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: