Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barnsley  (Read 7412 times)
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 16:46:47 »

Anyone heading up for this? On a decent run so would hope we take a few! Decent pub recommendation?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 19:30:02 »

I am going.
Madrobin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 20:51:18 »

First outing of the season for the Derbyshire Reds, looking forward to it.

Derbyshire Reds - On Tour
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 22:10:41 »

Never forget the dissapointment of going to oakwell first match of the season few years back with king in charge. Parkin had left and I remember the words you can't replace a 25 goal striker like that easily so I have signed two decent ones to compensate. Thorpe and cureton. 
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 22:12:08 »

Never forget the dissapointment of going to oakwell first match of the season few years back with king in charge. Parkin had left and I remember the words you can't replace a 25 goal striker like that easily so I have signed two decent ones to compensate. Thorpe and cureton. 

I remember that day, it was really hot & we were dogshit.
doomster

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 06:45:57 »

I remember that day, it was really hot & we were dogshit.

Ew hot dog shit........that doesn't sound good.
Cureton must have set a record for hitting the woodwork that season he just couldn't score.  Thorpe well less said the better.

We should win this saturday but as is often the way when your supposed to do it the underdogs find an extra gear.  Will be a good test for our youngsters.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 09:42:52 »

I'm going....full car too.

Club 88 for me.

Clems Army!
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 13:30:14 »

Anyone heading up for this? On a decent run so would hope we take a few! Decent pub recommendation?
My brother in law works with some Barnsley fans and their recommendations are the Metrodome next to the ground and a wetherspoons,Joseph Brammers if that's any use
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 14:55:07 »

just seen on the website that I can't get concession on the day at Barnsley. Live in Chippenham - does anyone know this is for definite? But if it is don't suppose ticket office is open before 8.30am at the ground is it?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 15:39:54 »

just seen on the website that I can't get concession on the day at Barnsley. Live in Chippenham - does anyone know this is for definite? But if it is don't suppose ticket office is open before 8.30am at the ground is it?

I'd say it was generous of Barnsley to offer a concession for living in Chippenham, even if you have to pre-book.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 18:31:14 »

I'd say it was generous of Barnsley to offer a concession for living in Chippenham, even if you have to pre-book.

Fuck that ...i live in Calne ... i should get a free ticket, travel and Mel Messenger smoking it for that!?

Clems Army!
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 18:58:45 »

My brother in law works with some Barnsley fans and their recommendations are the Metrodome next to the ground and a wetherspoons,Joseph Brammers if that's any use
Thanks!
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, September 26, 2014, 13:22:42 »

226 sold in advance of this

Off sale now at club
Pay on day available
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, September 26, 2014, 15:27:36 »

226 sold in advance of this

Off sale now at club
Pay on day available
pretty poor that, although with a few more closer games coming up understandable
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, September 26, 2014, 15:56:13 »

pretty poor that, although with a few more closer games coming up understandable

It's a shame because Barnsley are a proper old skool club who get the kind of gates, that we could get if things were a bit different.  Every time I've watched the FLS recently that Hourihane, seems to be pinging one in with his left peg from 25 yards, hopefully he's now used up his quota of wonder goals.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: