Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Walsall Official Matchday Thread  (Read 47113 times)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:37:47 »

As far as you know, so far. Do agree though, that we don't seem to have a queue of people waiting to replace him. Equally, people are entitled to say when they're pissed off

Yes. Which is why I'm not going to tell the man to get out of my club, because he hasn't actually done anything.

Fine to postulate on here, actually chanting at games to get rid is too far imo. I don't know how to put it more clearly than that.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:38:24 »

I'm surprised that some of those chanting today manage to get dressed in the morning but we all have to acknowledge something has to change.

Williams is to blame for the lethargic and low-tempo approach and Power is to blame for a failing recruitment policy. Perhaps, 'Power sort it out' may have been better.
Strangely, I'm still of the opinion we have a decent squad, poorly managed. My other big concern is the regularity of wholesale injuries which, to me, points to poor conditioning
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #122 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:39:22 »

First of all the positives. Their no 10 was the best player I've seen at the CG for ages. They scored 2 great goals. Their no 7 didn't break sweat.
As for us, same old shit. Possession with fuck all benefit. Backwards, sideways shit. /they won most first balls and every second ball. They were physically far superior to us. They muscled us off the ball very easily and legally. The second half, in particular, was embarrassing. They hit the bar and missed a total sitter.
Tuesday was a blip and we are shit. There's nothing on the pitch resembling a leader. Fair play to Fonz at the end for toughing it out in front of the fans.
We'd all like to get behind the club and players but there are times when its so bloody difficult to do so.
Randle

I must be crazy to be in a loony bin like this.

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:40:22 »

Strangely, I'm still of the opinion we have a decent squad, poorly managed. My other big concern is the regularity of wholesale injuries which, to me, points to poor conditioning

We have half a team out currently with players going down every game, something is not right and the injury list just carries on from last year where we had loads also. There are players in the first team who are simply not good enough and should be bench options at best.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:42:34 »

Well that was just absolutely shocking.

Something has got to change. Performances and results are just not good enough.

Williams- nice guy but just not a manager I'm afraid. 6 wins from the last 27 league games bears this out
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #125 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:42:36 »

I too think we have a squad very capable, Tuesday night showed that, it lacks motivation and possibly a change in tactics is needed, as you state fitness is a major concern.

I think a new manager will help the players and the fans as long as its the right man of course.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:43:39 »

Also agree on the fitness issue- too many injuries and we never seem to look as sharp as the opposition.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #127 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:45:46 »

I too think we have a squad very capable, Tuesday night showed that, it lacks motivation and possibly a change in tactics is needed, as you state fitness is a major concern.

I think a new manager will help the players and the fans as long as its the right man of course.
But we haven't got any battlers. We haven't got any tacklers. We haven't got a leader. Every team needs an animal or two to allow the talented players to play. We've got some decent players but physically and mentally weak - and thats if they stay fit or suspension free.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:46:22 »

We know our players find it difficult to do 2 games in a week, and we know our players struggle with the physicality of Div 3.

Also winning the odd game while losing a few is classic kids team style....it might very well get us down to Div 4, but at least the management can adjust tactics etc with this in mind.

Given that we're down to the bare bomes squad wise, still being out of the bottom 4, is encouraging...relegation isn't a certainty yet, so all to play for.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #129 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:48:04 »

But we haven't got any battlers. We haven't got any tacklers. We haven't got a leader. Every team needs an animal or two to allow the talented players to play. We've got some decent players but physically and mentally weak - and thats if they stay fit or suspension free.
I am not saying its a complete side by any means but we have the basis of a good side with a couple of additions, a new manager may be able to bring in a free agent or 2 that will help in those areas that you mention.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:50:01 »

did William say much in his post match?
Flashheart

« Reply #131 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:51:35 »

It's all very well saying we have no leaders, but how could a leader lead if even they don't know what to do?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:54:27 »

Then, surely, Power has to take some blame for this. Recruiting small, lightweight midfielders is down to him.

If his sole objective is making money no matter which division we are in he does deserve some criticism
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:59:36 »

Well that was just absolutely shocking.

Something has got to change. Performances and results are just not good enough.

Williams- nice guy but just not a manager I'm afraid

This is the sort of thing I don't understand. How do you know he's a nice guy? There seems to be this assumption that he's a walkover and it makes no sense to me, as a psychologist or a football fan.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Peter Venkman

« Reply #134 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 17:03:54 »

This is the sort of thing I don't understand. How do you know he's a nice guy? There seems to be this assumption that he's a walkover and it makes no sense to me, as a psychologist or a football fan.
I think a lot of that assumption comes from players and LW himself saying that he does not get angry with players and throw tea cups (his words) at the players, he leaves that to Ross Embleton.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: