Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Peacock  (Read 13384 times)
Piemonte

« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 16:52:36 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Quote from: "Piemonte"
Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
Maybe we'll get a winger that can actually cross a ball, rather than run rather quickly in straight lines out of the field of play...

oh...oh...oh...here it is, you mean like....say for example....someone really random....like...Nicky Summerbee?!

No, they need to be able to run as well :run:

...and Nicky Summerbee cant run because?

hes fucking old and well past it?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 16:56:23 »

He has a point VD85
lumpimynci

« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 17:30:51 »

I don't know, he just never could? He used to sort of lurch oddly in a lopsided shuffle........ a bit like his dad.  But no pace ever, not even as a kid.
Dazzza

« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 17:39:47 »

With the addition of the Cock are four experienced campaigners better than eight loan players with prospects?

I think so, none of the signings are exactly inspiring but when you look at the make up of the squad with the additions then you have a fairly balanced side with plenty of options.

I'd even say it looks almost like a side with prospects but I'll bite me lip there as that's what I thought at the start of the season.

I still think we're going down faster than Dave Russell on a glory-hole but it'll be disappointing if we don't make a go of it.

stfc_carver

« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 18:10:31 »

Quote from: "dazzza"

I still think we're going down faster than Dave Russell on a glory-hole but it'll be disappointing if we don't make a go of it.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 18:46:49 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
Maybe we'll get a winger that can actually cross a ball, rather than run rather quickly in straight lines out of the field of play...

oh...oh...oh...here it is, you mean like....say for example....someone really random....like...Nicky Summerbee?!

No, they need to be able to run as well :run:

hes fucking old and well past it?

He's only what 33 for Christ Sake, there is a difference between having no pace and not being able to run. So he wouldnt skin players for fun, just think how many wasted set pieces we've had this season....think how much better Summerbee's delivery would have been.

Pace isnt everything, look at Shakes bags of it and he is usless...
red macca

« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 18:58:01 »

good wingers dont need pace..beckham i dont think has ever skinned a player in his life but i doubt you will ever see a better crosser of the ball again apart from gary neville
Piemonte

« Reply #127 on: Thursday, January 19, 2006, 10:14:26 »

Quote from: "stfc_carver"

I think we could do better than summerbee. The reason he got released from stuggling Tranmere after not getting many games is because is simply not very good any more. And as for being 33, he must have the liver of a 40 year old

Grunt sniff is a good example of a player needing to be able to do more than stand there and cross a ball well to be an effective winger.

Summerbee is from the past, and needs to be left there.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Thursday, January 19, 2006, 11:35:00 »

Quote from: "stfc_carver"

I think we could do better than summerbee. The reason he got released from stuggling Tranmere after not getting many games is because is simply not very good any more. And as for being 33, he must have the liver of a 40 year old

Grunt sniff is a good example of a player needing to be able to do more than stand there and cross a ball well to be an effective winger.

Summerbee is from the past, and needs to be left there.

I agree with most of that, but I still think Summerbee currently is a better winger than Ricky Shakes and our set pieces have been awful all season.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Thursday, January 19, 2006, 12:11:33 »

Going by his performance at Gillingham, on current form I think I might be a better winger than Shakey. :|
mattboyslim

« Reply #130 on: Thursday, January 19, 2006, 13:00:20 »

A wide midfielder and a winger are differnt players IMHO, beckham isn't a winger, to my mind buzzer was winger in his day, ie he got to the by line and whipped it in.  Beckham makes most of his crosses from deep, and only gets away with the inferior angle of delivery because he's so precise.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: