Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thomas Dossevi  (Read 13675 times)
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 08:03:27 »

i'm only going by peoples reports of him and DW's comments but this could be another gem we've snapped up on a free.

my only concern is a CB. i still think we need one. But i hope LJF or Morrison can step up and produce the goods to prove me wrong.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 08:04:09 »

Not sure what made me smile more, the signing or Nev's pun. Good news, fingers crossed it goes through
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 08:06:05 »

I reckon he'd be chucked in with Pericard...

http://www.eurobet.com/sb.go?page=supergrouppage&sportid=1&supergroup=jinpower+League+1&groupid=29033469&lang=1&sid=1&ms=MS

Would be a tempting offer at 51's!
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 08:45:56 »

i'm only going by peoples reports of him and DW's comments but this could be another gem we've snapped up on a free.

my only concern is a CB. i still think we need one. But i hope LJF or Morrison can step up and produce the goods to prove me wrong.

Totally agree. While LJF or Morrison may step to become a good CB, we know how inconsistent they can both be, so i think another CB is needed. Also, if 2 of our CB's were to be injured at one time, we would only have 1 fit CB.

Although, i trust DW to do the right thing  Smiley
dell boy

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 09:02:31 »

Totally agree. While LJF or Morrison may step to become a good CB, we know how inconsistent they can both be, so i think another CB is needed. Also, if 2 of our CB's were to be injured at one time, we would only have 1 fit CB.

Although, i trust DW to do the right thing  Smiley

I think we have three excellent young centre backs who will all get better with experience, I wouldn't be that bothered if we didn't sign a more experienced player thus giving LJF and Morrison time to shine alongside Cuthbert, and with Douglas in front of them picking up the pieces they will be solid enough.

Dossevi sounds a very good signing.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 09:05:42 »

Yeh i agree that there is a very good chance that at least one of those will become a very good CB (if not both) but we have no guarentee that this will happen and as i said before if 2 of them get injured, then we would be left with 1 CB.

However, i wouldnt start sliting my wrists if we didnt get another CB.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 09:06:17 »

I really hope this guy signs for us, ii feel real confident about this season. what a squad i think DW may play just 3 at the back now tho and not buy a new CB. we have a real chance of winning the leauge!! Bring on them guy cunts saturday!! Clap
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 09:13:15 »

Wow, what a difference 24 hours makes eh!? Sounds like it's pretty much sorted. Cannot wait to see him play, judging by the 45 minutes he managed, he was pretty mint. Someone likened his pace to that of O'Brien, is that a bit off the mark??

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Panda Paws

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 09:20:22 »

For the pure fact that upon some googling he is all over the press last year hankering after a move to the prem, with Bolton Wigan and West Ham interested, I've got a feeling this boy is going to tear it up
Barry Scott

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 09:29:32 »

For the pure fact that upon some googling he is all over the press last year hankering after a move to the prem, with Bolton Wigan and West Ham interested, I've got a feeling this boy is going to tear it up

That's what I'm thinking. When I saw him I thought he looked tasty and a bit unpredictable, which will make him a real challenge for league 1 defenders. And like you say, the fact that he was being looked at by quite a few premiership clubs makes me like him more and leaves me convinced he'll tear the league a new arsehole.

B3nny, he wasn't hugely quick. He seemed to have no more pace than Cox or someone, certainly not even in the same ballpark as O'Brien. Dunno who told you that!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 10:40:05 »

That's what I'm thinking. When I saw him I thought he looked tasty and a bit unpredictable, which will make him a real challenge for league 1 defenders. And like you say, the fact that he was being looked at by quite a few premiership clubs makes me like him more and leaves me convinced he'll tear the league a new arsehole.

B3nny, he wasn't hugely quick. He seemed to have no more pace than Cox or someone, certainly not even in the same ballpark as O'Brien. Dunno who told you that!
He wasn't massively quick but he was no slouch either. His style reminded me a bit of Drogba in the way harried defenders and got in their faces. Obviously he's not quite as good...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 10:49:48 »

He wasn't massively quick but he was no slouch either. His style reminded me a bit of Drogba in the way harried defenders and got in their faces. Obviously he's not quite as good...
My brother in law said pretty much exactly the same (re Drogba). Let's hope he turns out to have more in common with Drogba than Sabin did with Henry or Opara with Hasselbaink Smiley
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 11:53:32 »

Seems to have the experience we need in the squad .. excellent find

I used to be Fatbury
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 11:57:13 »

He looked useful on saturday.

We need a CB now.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 12:13:31 »

scarfs above head and all that yet?

as others have said, I think our squad as a whole is just one player short (if Dossevi signs)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: