Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ifil, Amankwaah, Nallis and Casal To Go On Loan?  (Read 8422 times)
dell boy

« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 20:19:29 »

But he's not alone is he. Easton has been crap and trading on last season. Aljofree was complete bullshit for so many games.  Both keepers have been pretty crap etc etc. But Ifiil does seem to be the one paying the price. We know he's going to have crap games but he comes through repeatedly. My worry is losing that pace at the back.
Also, Ifill is a model pro who is a good ambassador for the club. This is in great contrast to our captain. I know which one I'd keep.  
I'm not disagreeing with you, as I said earlier two years ago he was class, so what has happened to Ifil, it maybe he has been asked to come out of his comfort zone and use his brain and play stylish football from the back, this is not his game, he is good defensively one-on-one he always seemed to have the pace and know-how to see the forward off.
So it maybe he needs a player next to him that has a footballers brain and not another hoofer/ball winner. When Williams was playing next to him he looked a cert to play at much a higher level.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 20:26:44 »

Dell Boy - agree with what you say. He is a very limited and unintelligent player but he's loyal and has pace to burn. Weren't there a number of people thuogh who had him in their top 3 for player of the year last year? Its this season he's gone downhill. I'm not sure making a confidence player a scapegoat is particularly big or clever particularly when we're trying to develop players and don't have a ready made replacement. With Aljofree and morrison we will always concede goals as both have the turning circle of the Arc Royal and the pace of John Sargent.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 22:53:16 »

Ifil is a confidence player- needs the arm round the shoulder. Do not think Malpas has managed him very well at all. Under previous managers (Even King) were able to get much more out of him.

Whats more worrying about this thread is that 3 out of the 4 players are Malpas transfers that he brought in. Says a lot for his player selection when only 3 months down the line he wants to loan them out!!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 23:09:25 »

Jerel Ifil had more than his fair share of "moments" before Malpas came in.

If a player is playing below standard, he should be dropped and it should be up to the player to force his way back in. Example? Michael Pook. Hasn't done him any harm has it?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 23:17:03 »

Maybe Malpas made these comments to give them a kick up the arse.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 02:19:09 »

Ifil is a confidence player we all know that. Playing in a confidenceless team with a midfield that offers the defence no protection means Ifil will be poor.

Now we have a bit of confidence about and we've got a better quality of midfield I'm sure he will do fine. Morrison will need a rest soon I reckon and we'll get suspensions and I'd rather have Ifil playing than Kanyuka.

Infact rest Morrison on Saturday and put Ifil in....or put him in for the piss poor paint pot game.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 09:47:33 »

Ifil is a confidence player we all know that. Playing in a confidenceless team with a midfield that offers the defence no protection means Ifil will be poor.
Quite. Someone said on here the other day somewhere that Ifil doesn't play well in a losing team and I think that about hits the nail on the head - the "confidence player" thing isn't just about him, it's about whether the team has confidence as well. Thing is, though, when you're up against it and needing to turn things round as we have been recently, doesn't that mean Ifil is a dodgy pick? And on the basis of the old "don't change a winning team" haven't the current incumbents done enough to retain the shirt? Don't get me wrong, I really like Jerel and I'd be gutted if he goes but I'm not at all sure he's an automatic name on the sheet any more. And I'm starting to worry that maybe this confidence thing just equates to being a bit soft
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 19:33:00 »

Now we have a bit of confidence about and we've got a better quality of midfield I'm sure he will do fine.

Are you really suggesting that the return of Pook has improved the 'quality' of our midfield? No disrespect to Pook as he has done well and taken his chance, but I'd rather have Easton partnering Peacock. Granted though, Easton has been shit this season and deserves to be behind Pook on current form. Now what was my point again?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 19:36:44 »

Are you really suggesting that the return of Pook has improved the 'quality' of our midfield? No disrespect to Pook as he has done well and taken his chance, but I'd rather have Easton partnering Peacock. Granted though, Easton has been shit this season and deserves to be behind Pook on current form. Now what was my point again?

The results speak for themselves.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 19:38:46 »

True. Easton on form > Pook though. I think that was my point. Maybe....
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 20:44:12 »

Now what was my point again?

Form is temporary, class is permanent?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: