Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A-levels and stuff for slightly-mature students  (Read 5407 times)
Piemonte

« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 18, 2005, 21:30:11 »

To be fair it took me longer than SY to sort myself out with a job etc after leaving college
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 18, 2005, 21:36:01 »

try an access course, they are a piece of piss and qualify you for uni,plus they are only a year long, i did a multimedia one, was a doddle, then got into uni to do media studies.
Dazzza

« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 18, 2005, 21:41:47 »

I left for Uni at 21 so I was a proper mature student, having worked full time for a couple of years I found the whole affair a piece of piss.

Few hours a day and you will cruise it.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #18 on: Monday, April 18, 2005, 21:43:49 »

pick an easy course - my simple advice, heed the warning. uni is easier than A-Levels though
mrs_spacey

« Reply #19 on: Monday, April 18, 2005, 22:38:22 »

cool!

i'd recommend doing 2 a levels - possibly in english and something else like a language or humanity (definitely not media studies, film studies, art, sports studies  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  drama etc) then you can have time to do some extra stuff like photography without the extra exam pressure

Unless you are really into the idea don't bother with "uni" its a waste of time and money...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, April 18, 2005, 22:58:30 »

I think 2 a-levels is the maximum my laziness will cope with, so that's sorted and why can't I do film studies, I want to be the next Martin Scorsese  Cool
mrs_spacey

« Reply #21 on: Monday, April 18, 2005, 23:21:30 »

because its not a proper a level

how about economics?

maths?

history?

geography?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, April 18, 2005, 23:31:51 »

i can't count  Cheesy

geography makes me want to cry with boredom. history fair enough. i'm not going to study, i want something that will get me a job of some kind. something i'm interested in.
mrs_spacey

« Reply #23 on: Monday, April 18, 2005, 23:33:31 »

film studies = a job in blockbuster!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, April 18, 2005, 23:36:45 »

that'll do me!
Onion_Jimbo

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2005, 07:18:54 »

avoid economics like the plague unless you are super clever. I did it and sat there for 2 years like this  :shock: . I struggled because im lazy and it was more boring than 20,000 aids injections to the face. I got an E  :arrow:  Light Bulb  :!:

Rigobert Song La la la
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2005, 07:53:49 »

Quote from: "Onion_Jimbo"
avoid economics like the plague unless you are super clever. I did it and sat there for 2 years like this  :shock: . I struggled because im lazy and it was more boring than 20,000 aids injections to the face. I got an E  :arrow:  Light Bulb  :!:

The economics units i did in the first year were stupidly difficult. Not touching anything like that again (by choice anyway). Avoid maths as well, unless you are willing to put the effort in  :roll:
Asher

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2005, 08:10:09 »

From a total personal view here I dont believe in qualifications etc.  Someone once said to me (and i think its a famous quote) that everyone in life gets opportunities in life, its what you do with them.

Personally I fucked up school due to not working and being more interested in scams etc..then got moved to london didnt know anyone and finished my three years with A's in Business Studies, Accountancy and Busienss Law.  I then got offered a job that I would have wanted after uni so bombed off my course and worked.  From here ive been very lucky.

On the other hand it can work very well for peoiple.  I ahve mates at uni who have excelled and found employment after.  I also have mates who after uni took jobs on less wage then I was on after college.  Monies not everythging but if you think uni will suit you go for it.  Just think carefully about what course you want.  Sometimes I wish I had gone and at other times im glad I didnt
McLovin

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2005, 08:18:15 »

Economics A-Level was a piece of piss!
As was History and I.T.

I sometimes wish i'd gone to Uni also.
Piemonte

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2005, 09:24:42 »

Economics A levels wasnt that hard.

I got a D with 70% lecture attendance and virtually no revision. might have been better if a question that i didnt know anything about hadnt have come up in the final exams.

I must of been having a  :doobie  when i was supposed to be taught that bit
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: