Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yeovil vs. Swindon Match Day Thingy.  (Read 29218 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 18:05:57 »

Paul, if Cox was 50-1 that was very early in the summer. By the time I went to put a bet on he was 16-1 and I didnt think it was worth it!
There was still at least 1 offering 50-1 and 2 or 3 bookies offering 40-1 a week before because I spent that week "meaning to get round to it" and have been kicking myself ever since.
Spencer_White

« Reply #286 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 18:08:41 »

I know someone who has £100 on at 33-1.

Did anyone get bigger odds than that.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 18:14:03 »

I know someone who has £100 on at 33-1.

Did anyone get bigger odds than that.
Bloke who sits next to me has £20 each way at 50, or maybe it's 40 e/w. He's on for a grand if Coxy comes out top I know that. And he lumped on about week and a half before start of season if memory serves
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 18:56:24 »

Selection 1     Simon Cox @ 51.00 To Win - Not Settled
Market    Top Goalscorer
Event    English League 1
English League 1 2008-2009 - Top Goalscorer
12:00 28/03/2009
Bet Type    Single
Unit Stake    £5.00
Number of Units    x1
Stake    £5.00
Time and Date Placed    22:56 29/07/2008
I got 50/1. Gutted I didn't put more on it now, I was a bit skint at the time though.
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 19:02:41 »

Just got home from Yeovil. Utter Wank. So pissed off, wasnt even sure whether to go or not today because money is tight, thought fuck it ive gotta go - all i can say is like most people there today i wish i hadnt bothered.

What a lacklustre display, you would never have thought we were trying to fight for survival in this league. No one could control the ball, we couldnt string 2 passes together - played like strangers in fact. Goal hmmm Greer's fault or smiths? Harsh to say smith as he slipped when coming out.

Too many players on that pitch today looked substandard - how after looking good in recent weeks? Do they think they've done enough already?! If so told should be a rocket up the backside, Wilson was on the side spitting feathers just like us on the terraces!

Amankwah - is SHITE. 2nd half gave the ball away up field...Paynter bust a gut to get back and defend in the right back position, Wankbag just jogged back?!

McNamee - doesnt look interested. When will he realise when we're losing his dancing around the ball isnt what is needed? Just get the ball down and cross it. DOESNT/CANT tackle or defend

Kennedy - Looked miles out of his depth.

I cant even be bothered to do the rest

Come on YOU REDS!
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #290 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 19:11:20 »

Despite being on the other side of the world I reckon that I can some it up in one word:

COMPLACENCY.

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 19:13:24 »

they play in league 1 for a reason-ie they aint all that.all of em have good games,but play at this level as equally they all have shite games too.anybody consistantly good will step up a level.
getting them to be more good than  shit regularly will bring success to a club at our level.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 19:25:48 »

Just got back. We were pathetic. I'll read through this thread and make a proper comment later
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 19:28:29 »

Fucks sake. That was wank.

Paynter had a chance, but didn't place his shot well enough to beat the keeper with the pace he shot with. Cox had what looked like a good chance with a header and headed high up in the air. That was about it.

To make matters worse, Robson-Kanu looks to have fucked his hamstring, that resulted in leaving us with the midfield that was gash and prompted Wilson to bring in HRk and OTJ in the first place.

To make matters worse Yeovil plain just wanted it more and without a few smart Smith saves we could have conceeded 3 or 4.

So a bad loss, injuries to hrk and Morrison and not much else.

Oh and for the record - Greer's mistake for the goal, but not having ago and Amankwha looked lethargic and shit.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 19:30:23 by Batch » Logged
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 19:35:33 »

Just back as well, what a major dissapointment after the recent improvement in form.

Our players thought we would just turn up and win, they didn't bank on the other team wanting it more.

Showed once again that most of these players are gutless wankers who don't care enough.  

Agree with the sentiments that Callum looked out of his depth on the wing, Amankwah's first bad performance in a while he was poor today, Jack Smith should go in the summer hes terrible, Greer was shaky for the first time, Timlin back to inconsistent after a poor display, Nalis invisible, Paynter bit sluggish and Cox quiet apart from a massive sitter he missed second half.

Only player to come out with credit is Phil Smith who kept the score down with some key saves.

We need Wilson to work really hard this week on getting there heads back in the game as we will have to beat Crewe now.  Its very tight down the bottom and we are still in deep deep shit.

Still confident we have the right manager so hope we will have enough to take us over the finish line.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 19:44:55 »

Bloke who sits next to me has £20 each way at 50, or maybe it's 40 e/w. He's on for a grand if Coxy comes out top I know that. And he lumped on about week and a half before start of season if memory serves

Quite a few of us got 40/1 and 50/1, myself included so can definitely vouch for that.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 19:48:20 »

We were absolutely shocking all over the park.  Very difficult to pick out anyone who cared.

Kennedy is a long way off the first team and making a substitution in the 2nd half - why oh why Pook?  I know Nalis had to come off but I'd rather he'd thrown Razak on in place!

So disappointed, especially in front of so many fans - shit as our fans were - although I suppose most will argue "they had nothing to sing about".  Bottom line is that a smaller contingent further away from home is far better.
flammableBen

« Reply #297 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 19:51:02 »

Surely the loud and proud boys helped raise the crowd?
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 19:51:58 »

We were absolutely shocking all over the park.  Very difficult to pick out anyone who cared.

Kennedy is a long way off the first team and making a substitution in the 2nd half - why oh why Pook?  I know Nalis had to come off but I'd rather he'd thrown Razak on in place!

So disappointed, especially in front of so many fans - shit as our fans were - although I suppose most will argue "they had nothing to sing about".  Bottom line is that a smaller contingent further away from home is far better.

I would say most of that was down to no roof, the atmosphere just kept falling flat when ever anyone tried to sing as you could barely hear it.  If it was a proper stand you would have probably heard people more although to be fair the players gave us barely anything to sing about.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 19:55:27 »

We were always going to lose this game...given Yeovil had never scored a league goal against us at Huish...they're just about the most shot shy home side in the league, and had only won 3 at home all season.  Throw in about 20% of the crowd being Town fans, and we've seen it all before.

A performance of the utmost incompetence, that puts us right back in the shit.  We've taken a point from Cheltnumb and Yeovil...terrible.

A good day for Quiet and Ashamed though...a very solid showing, 99.9% easily overcoming the efforts of L and P.

And I didn't miss the Castle...so not all bad.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: