Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Mansfield matchday thread  (Read 20208 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Saturday, November 25, 2023, 18:41:42 »

Putting your centre back up front, 18 games into a season, when it’s 1.1, you are away from home and protecting an unbeaten run has got to be up there with one of the strangest decisions I’ve seen.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Saturday, November 25, 2023, 18:42:43 »

Can't wait to hear serial whinger Clough's after match comments

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Saturday, November 25, 2023, 18:45:38 »

Putting your centre back up front, 18 games into a season, when it’s 1.1, you are away from home and protecting an unbeaten run has got to be up there with one of the strangest decisions I’ve seen.

Pure hubris. Delightful stuff.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Saturday, November 25, 2023, 18:49:40 »

……..::: for me that was deserved today. I think we looked just as likely as them going forward. We tried to win the match by playing football where as they just resorted to long ball.

Agreed. I can see why they are where they are in the division but hopefully we can learn from this game that our style can compete with anyone else.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Saturday, November 25, 2023, 19:00:03 »

…yeah I can’t see why you’d stick a big man upfront in the last few minutes.

It’s not like we are a defensively weak team of midgets known for conceding late goals to lose games…oh wait…
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Saturday, November 25, 2023, 19:04:29 »

Both managers Cheesy

So, give no fucks
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Saturday, November 25, 2023, 19:05:47 »

Flint has had an incredible goal scoring record throughout his career including a number of late pivotal goals (for Sheff Wed in playoffs last season I think and for us against Brentford for instance). He is very well suited to that tactic.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Saturday, November 25, 2023, 19:06:48 »

That was an excellent game of football against two evenly matched sides.
That was a penalty second half.
The game got stretched as it went on and was scenes of jubilation. Didn’t look 8,000 today, gaps in DR and TE but not having any negativity tonight because the last few weeks have just been depressing.

We simply needed a win and typical football always a game you least expect it in.
Bloody hell Kemp is a good footballer, thought Reed was good for them playing his effective role as he did at Swindon.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Saturday, November 25, 2023, 19:11:02 »

Nice for us to nick a late scrambled goal and do it to another team when we have conceded goals like that all season.

Young Nigel must be fed up on his visits to Swindon. Been done over by us a few times now.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Saturday, November 25, 2023, 20:06:11 »

Thought it was a thoroughly good game of football today.  For periods of the game, Mansfield had the upper hand with their man to man press and numbers in midfield, but the space Kemp found without the burden of being the third midfielder was everything he needed.

The extra man in midfield caused two things, I think.  First, it stopped both of the wide central defenders from pushing too far ahead too quickly - the midfield had the space ahead of them, preventing us from going too cavalier.  The other aspect was that we had number centrally when Mansfield got the ball.  It's still a weak bunch defensively, but having six in there at least causes space to be at a premium.  Even if we don't track a runner or watch a player drift away from a marker, there isn't a huge gulf for them to be found in.  It allows us to gather our senses a little.  Now, it did make it a bit harder to build and sustain pressure going the other way, but I think that played into Kemp and Youngs hands a little, they both like to run at people rather than be part of a big build up.

Still going to be a challenge to sustain form when you inly really have one or two players worthy of bringing on, and on another day they may well have bagged three or four goals, like Stockport.  Overall though, I think that line-up gave us more of a chance of being in the game.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Saturday, November 25, 2023, 20:08:43 »

That was an excellent game of football against two evenly matched sides.
That was a penalty second half.
The game got stretched as it went on and was scenes of jubilation. Didn’t look 8,000 today, gaps in DR and TE but not having any negativity tonight because the last few weeks have just been depressing.

We simply needed a win and typical football always a game you least expect it in.
Bloody hell Kemp is a good footballer, thought Reed was good for them playing his effective role as he did at Swindon.
With you 100%  Dukey.... badly needed that... really tough game with very few clear cut chances at either end... but we hung in there and got the result we deserved... HAVE THAT YOU BASTARDS!!!!
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Saturday, November 25, 2023, 20:41:24 »

That was ace! My depression has lifted. Good to see a battling performance with some quality thrown in. Well done to all Town fans for getting behind them.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Saturday, November 25, 2023, 21:50:20 »

It’s days like today that make all the travelling down for games worthwhile.

Good to meet some of the Swedish fans in the Legends before the game, they can come back again if it’s going to be like that every time
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Saturday, November 25, 2023, 23:44:25 »

Great win. Good to see it’s us scoring a late winner. Didn’t go today and didn’t watch so can’t comment - seems like Khan had a real good game and it helped having Kinsella behind him. Kemp and Young unreal finds in the window but gonna be shit come January. Louis Reed table 4 2 you jumped up fuck haha. Don’t get the Flint chat- common sense to put a 6ft 6 Shithouse in the air upfront against a leaky defence who’s biggest defender is 6ft.

Finally stopped that awful rut. Anyone can beat anyone in this shite league. Looking forward to Wimbledon now. Some quality pictures here https://x.com/official_stfc/status/1728473233907679352?s=46&t=ogDLXJ96cK_WBQahaJzdyg
adje

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 08:41:47 »

Surprise surprise Clough thinks our first goal should have been disallowed. Nothing wrong in being a bad loser I guess but in my opinion that guy takes it to new levels. Don't think he has ever deserved to lose a game
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 08:44:54 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: