Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Holidays are Coming - Sponsored by 4D  (Read 88055 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 08:34:03 »

Back to Greece next Wednesday for 3 weeks. Miss a few games but nice mid to high 20s and less tourists. Cadged a free Villa and car!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: Sunday, September 24, 2023, 08:33:36 »

Happiest travel destinations in the world:

1. 🇵🇹 Lisbon
2.🇪🇸 Barcelona
3. 🇬🇷 Athens
4. 🇮🇹 Rome
5. 🇦🇺 Sydney
6. 🇪🇸 Madrid
7.🇨🇦 Toronto
8. 🇨🇷 San Jose
9. 🇹🇷 Istanbul
10. 🇹🇭 Bangkok
11. 🇮🇳 Kanpur
12.🇺🇸 Las Vegas
13. 🇬🇧 Brighton
14. 🇯🇵 Tokyo
15. 🇦🇹 Vienna
16. 🇫🇷 Paris
17. 🇸🇪 Stockholm
18. 🇩🇪 Frankfurt
19. 🇬🇧 Cardiff
20. 🇫🇮 Helsinki
21. 🇮🇪 Dublin
22. 🇺🇸 Memphis
23. 🇧🇪 Brussels
24.🇳🇱 Amsterdam
25. 🇬🇧 Oxford
29. 🇳🇴 Oslo
33. 🇬🇧 London
35. 🇰🇷 Seoul
36.🇺🇸 San Francisco
40.🇺🇸 New York

*life expectancy, sunshine (hours), weekly working hours, friendliest people, cost of living.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: Sunday, September 24, 2023, 08:49:36 »

Happiest travel destinations in the world:

Morecambe
1. 🇵🇹 Lisbon
2.🇪🇸 Barcelona
3. 🇬🇷 Athens
4. 🇮🇹 Rome
5. 🇦🇺 Sydney
6. 🇪🇸 Madrid
7.🇨🇦 Toronto
8. 🇨🇷 San Jose
9. 🇹🇷 Istanbul
10. 🇹🇭 Bangkok
11. 🇮🇳 Kanpur
12.🇺🇸 Las Vegas
13. 🇬🇧 Brighton
14. 🇯🇵 Tokyo
15. 🇦🇹 Vienna
16. 🇫🇷 Paris
17. 🇸🇪 Stockholm
18. 🇩🇪 Frankfurt
19. 🇬🇧 Cardiff
20. 🇫🇮 Helsinki
21. 🇮🇪 Dublin
22. 🇺🇸 Memphis
23. 🇧🇪 Brussels
24.🇳🇱 Amsterdam
25. 🇬🇧 Oxford
29. 🇳🇴 Oslo
33. 🇬🇧 London
35. 🇰🇷 Seoul
36.🇺🇸 San Francisco
40.🇺🇸 New York

*life expectancy, sunshine (hours), weekly working hours, friendliest people, cost of living.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: Thursday, November 30, 2023, 10:06:02 »

Getting away from this current spell of freezing weather by flying off to............The Republic of Ireland.   Hmmm

It should be good though, a surprise 50th birthday party for distant in-laws from Dublin. Hired a large house in County Limerick - called Foynes. I actually assumed there was bugger all there but having just looked, it's the second largest seaport in Ireland and was the birthplace of the Irish Coffee. (one of my favourite tipples) There is also a 'World Class' flying boat museum and 2 pubs so perhaps there is more to do there than I had originally anticipated.  Pint Pint Pint Pint Pint Pint

No Town game to have to worry about either.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: Thursday, November 30, 2023, 10:19:21 »

I’m off to Athens in a couple of weeks. Hopefully the weather picks up.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: Friday, December 1, 2023, 17:09:25 »

I went to Porto with a couple of mates for the weekend two weeks ago. Apparently Lisbon is a lot more smart and clean but we had a great time in Porto - everything was cheap, good food, great tour of the Taylor's distillery. I like cities that are a bit grubby and have an edge to them.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 10:09:04 »

I went to Porto with a couple of mates for the weekend two weeks ago. Apparently Lisbon is a lot more smart and clean but we had a great time in Porto - everything was cheap, good food, great tour of the Taylor's distillery. I like cities that are a bit grubby and have an edge to them.

We loved Porto - preferred it to Lisbon, but both were tremendous cities.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 10:10:48 »

Went to Norwich at the weekend to see some friends who have moved from London out East.

Have to say I was really impressed with it as a place to visit. Some real old fashioned pubs, friendly City centre with a stunning cathedral and loads of other quaint churches and old cobbled areas. Would recommend for a city break, although it's a real pain in the ass to get to.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 18:44:51 »

Went to Norwich at the weekend to see some friends who have moved from London out East.

Have to say I was really impressed with it as a place to visit. Some real old fashioned pubs, friendly City centre with a stunning cathedral and loads of other quaint churches and old cobbled areas. Would recommend for a city break, although it's a real pain in the ass to get to.

My friend has recently moved from Hitchin to Norwich recently, and he loves it there

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 19:01:49 »

I’m off to Athens Wednesday. Megadeth are performing Friday evening. Worth going?

Hold that. Got me dates wrong.
« Last Edit: Monday, December 11, 2023, 19:09:18 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 19:10:14 »

I’m off to Athens Wednesday. Megadeth are performing Friday evening. Worth going?

It’s just Dave now…
I’d say they are good for a 50 mins afternoon festival slot or support set but thats about it these days, unless Marty is making an appearance!
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 19:20:05 »

Thinking of doing Italy next year, the missus is keen on Rome as am I but the prices look astronomical for the value, is it worth the cost or better off checking somewhere else out in Italy?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 21:55:27 »

Thinking of doing Italy next year, the missus is keen on Rome as am I but the prices look astronomical for the value, is it worth the cost or better off checking somewhere else out in Italy?

Rome is lovely, really lovely. Just depends on how deep your pockets are. Prepare to mortgage your house and kids.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2023, 10:35:31 »

Yeah Rome is expensive  - Be prepared to either pay for a central place or travel in for an hour from the 'burbs which aren't particularly cheap either!
This year we flew into Rome for 3 nights, then got the train to Florence for 3 nights and flew back from Florence.
I think seeing Rome is worth it, there's plenty to go and see, but you need to book tickets or tours way in advance.
Florence has a completely different feel and loads of history to enjoy.

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2023, 11:54:55 »

but you need to book tickets or tours way in advance.

Seconded, especially cheapest official ticket. e.g. coliseum was months in advance...

When we were there it was easy enough to get a company (e.g. "getyourguide") version of the tour. It was a bit pricey doing it that way. No idea if this is still the case.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: