Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pertol Prices (boycott)  (Read 7460 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 19:07:27 »

I dont normally do these chain letter things but i actualy think this one can work, and i will be participating in it.
I got this sent in an email, so post it around, email it to people etc etc.

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it

We are hitting £123.9 a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £2.00 a ltr. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain   day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't  
continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT,whoever
thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us  to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take  aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place
not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we  consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the  price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not
purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it  to  at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at  least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the
message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached  over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and
pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ..

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and  not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us  sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt,
all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the  next 8days!!! Acting together we can make a difference . If this makes
sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE   RANGE  

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your  petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e.  boycott BP and Esso
lebowski

« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 19:15:09 »

Well ESSO (Exon) provide Tesco's forecourts with fuel, and BP provide Sainsbury's.

So in summary, that thing is total bollards.
lebowski

« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 19:17:20 »

Also, forecourts make hardly any money at all from petrol, they'll make more from selling mars bars than a tank full of unleaded. The petrol company's obscene profits come from elsewhere.

Your revolution is over Chubbs.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 19:17:46 »

Original Sender: Steve@Shell.com
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 19:24:26 »

Quote from: "Nemo"
Original Sender: Steve@Shell.com

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 19:27:46 »

ahh well, i never buy from esso or BP anyway, so nevermind.  Cheesy
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 19:58:08 »

What is this PERTOL!!  I fill up at Tesco and they call it petrol!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 20:08:11 »

I think they tried something similar with Esso just after the big protests. It was a good idea but didn't work.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 22:33:40 »

It's not going to work. End of argument.

And 69p per litre? You are joking right?!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 23:47:30 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
It's not going to work. End of argument.

And 69p per litre? You are joking right?!

where was the start?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 23:48:42 »

We are hitting £123.9 a litre in some areas now

123 quid a litre, f**k me, I thought £1.11 was pricey!

Erm and why would you send it to 300m people when the population of the UK (including babies etc who I'm guessing don't buy a shitload of petrol, or have much access to email come to that) is only around 60m.

And the thing others have pointed out - that half the "alternatives" the bloke recommends are supplied by the big two anyway. Does he think Tesco make their own petrol? At petrol farms presumably?

Might seem picky but if this "anonymous campaigner" can't get the basics right, it rather undermines any basic credibility of the whole thing. Which is why I'd be sending this straight to my spam folder along with all the other chain mail spams I get. Why do these people bother?
flammableBen

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 06:55:19 »

Why don't people just stop moaning and drink white ace instead? That's still at 96p a litre.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 07:16:48 »

Get this. Tesco had their diesel at £1.20 per litre at the start of the day, come 4pm it was £1.22 a litre!  :x

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 07:21:17 »

I thought Shell was the biggest oil company in the world? Not Esso and BP?
DMR

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 07:49:21 »

Petrol's simply not going to go down, this happened before and will happen again... we cannot do without so we're duty bound to pay whatever they like.

My old man was telling me years ago when people protested it simply resulted in the prices going up again, as if to prove a point!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: