Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 63954 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 06:48:25 »

The adver has got it wrong.

If he was going to drop players this week, why did he start them on tuesday? Devera came off with ann injury on Tuesday?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 06:49:21 »

The adver and BBC radio..both reported same thing.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 06:50:35 »

Pissed off I'm not going and pissed off we are not playing our strongest team but think we will get a draw 1-1 and win the league at home.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 06:52:05 »

He played de vita on tues who he knew had been out while Holmes was on the bench?!

Hopefully he plays Wes today.

As a fan Phil Smith doesnt deserve to be involved today or celebrate, Wes does. A bad decision does not justify that
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 07:04:07 »

Got a bad feeling about today.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 07:06:30 »

Radio reporting suggests they didn't travel. We'll see. Rooney couldn't play anyway, gentleman's agreement apparently
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 07:07:59 »

I hope this whole drinking incident is forgotten about today and the players go out fired up with a point to prove.

I'm hoping Connell starts as well as McEverly and Foderingham.  It is too much of a risk to take playing an understrength team 2 games in a row.  If we lose today the pressure will be huge next week and the gap at the top could be down to 2 points.

Staying positive however I think we will win 1-0  COYR

Fingers crossed the weather holds out as I don't fancy getting wet today!
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 07:09:52 »

I'm really angry about this today!!!!

Phil Smith in goal is not going to help us today is it!!! He may be celebrating having contributed jack shit, and others who have done a lot aren't even there! joke!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 07:13:38 »

2-1 defeat.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 07:13:38 »

We have a squad for a reason - so the second tier players can step up when needed.  Lack of discipline last season contributed to one of the worst seasons in our history (and, sadly, that's not an exaggeration).  PDC has my suppport.
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 07:16:53 »

Think we need to lay off Smithy a bit here ?

I want Wes in goal - no doubt....However Smithy has been here all season on the fringes, hasn't moaned, hasn't complained and has done a reasonable job when called upon (JPT etc...)

The whole squad has contributed - Smithy included...

If Wes misses out on celebrating though it would be massively unfair IMO - I know he/they might have done something out of order, but if we look at the whole season he (and others) don't deserve to miss out on this for one stupid incident

That seems wrong to me - but PDC ay well have put himself in an impossible situation here.  If he bends and plays Wes he looks weak on discipline (after his interview), but if he drops him and we miss promotion today he looks weak on player selection

Rock and a hard place ?

Wise men say........
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 07:22:08 »

Think we need to lay off Smithy a bit here ?

I want Wes in goal - no doubt....However Smithy has been here all season on the fringes, hasn't moaned, hasn't complained and has done a reasonable job when called upon (JPT etc...)

The whole squad has contributed - Smithy included...

If Wes misses out on celebrating though it would be massively unfair IMO - I know he/they might have done something out of order, but if we look at the whole season he (and others) don't deserve to miss out on this for one stupid incident

That seems wrong to me - but PDC ay well have put himself in an impossible situation here.  If he bends and plays Wes he looks weak on discipline (after his interview), but if he drops him and we miss promotion today he looks weak on player selection

Rock and a hard place ?

Spot on.  To suggest that Smithy has not contributed completely misses the point about the squad system.  We all want promotion, but to suggest that we're somehow handing the game to Gillingham by putting Smithy in goal is (a) wrong; and (b) insulting to one of our longer serving players.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 07:22:24 »

Good luck to the lads today.

I wish all of this late-night drinking malarkey could have been dealt with better somehow (I offer no alternatives).

My hope is that PDC appreciates that the title would be great for the Town as a whole and that includes the fanbase. I have total faith in players like Phil Smith but we need are strongest XI starting as long as the silverware is not ours.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 07:22:37 »

PDC has got it wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. He got it wrong Tuesday, made a rod for his back, and he has it more wrong today. 2 games we will be understrength at a time we are trying to win the title. That is all.

Whats Cox done for us? Rooney has been gash lately and Devera went off injured.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 07:24:37 »

Smith is useless, do you not remember our awful start to the season? Our form that coincided with Wes's arrival!

Sorry but Smith should be out the door in the summer and instead he's being rewarded today for not complaining all year?!

I want the best team out there full stop. Punish the players some other way
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: