Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Burton matchday thread  (Read 21658 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 15:21:25 »

Yawn Zzz

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 15:23:09 »

Very poor.  Completely disjointed and Burton should have just made it 2.

We might have a good squad on paper, but they need to be able to play together and Cooper needs to play people in their strongest positions.  At the moment it's a shambles.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 15:24:47 »

Thomas misses our best chance so far
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 15:32:28 »

Thomas misses our best chance so far

Should have done better with the chance in the first half he blazed over.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 15:55:16 »

the second half of the second half was marginally better that the turgid mono paced shite of the rest of the match.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 15:57:06 »

Total bumwash
Flashheart

« Reply #51 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 15:58:50 »

Told ya we'd lose that.

For a team that likes to play possession football we don't 'alf seem to give the ball away a lot. Oddly though I'm encouraged in a way that the performance was as poor as it was. That can be (and surely will be) fixed, whereas it would be more difficult to improve if we played averagely and lost.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 16:01:24 »

Burton are top of the league.

Never thought Id say that.

Never knowingly overstated.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 16:16:27 »

That performance was weak and shapeless.  A Swindon side that cannot remember how to pass the ball is nothing.  It's what we do.  I'm not sure the game plan was at fault - because it was difficult to see through all the mistakes to work out what the plan was.  Error strewn and sloppy.  Disappointing, with few highlights.

Sorry.  I'm not normally like this after a game, but that was awful.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 16:20:21 »

Cooper questioned on Turnball at left back, "we had a number of loan players that we needed to get in the team". Hmmmm

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Skinny Pete

« Reply #55 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 16:23:31 »

Reminiscent of Yeovil and Crawley last season. We are just too easy to set up against.

We've been poor in all games so far with the exception of 45 mins against Bradford. Questions need to be asked of Cooper as this style of play has been sussed for quite a while and yet we repeat the pattern game after game.

Too many players playing out of position just because Cooper wants them all on the pitch. Turnbull as left back?

Looks like Nathan has done his groin again, too.

Mega pissed off.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 16:23:40 »

Very poor.  Completely disjointed and Burton should have just made it 2.

We might have a good squad on paper, but they need to be able to play together and Cooper needs to play people in their strongest positions.  At the moment it's a shambles.

That pretty much somes it up. The decision to go to 4 at the back as a means of shoring up the defence hasn't worked, as we still concede goals, but have less width and so potency going forward. Still given that we've more or less an entire new side, some teething problems are to be expected.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 16:24:44 »

Would putrid be strong enough?  Awful, awful performance!  Looked like a team that came together at 2-45 pm and didn't even know each other's names and as for one of our players throwing the V's at home supporters he can fuck off back to his parent club as far as I am concerned.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 16:29:52 »

Would putrid be strong enough?  Awful, awful performance!  Looked like a team that came together at 2-45 pm and didn't even know each other's names and as for one of our players throwing the V's at home supporters he can fuck off back to his parent club as far as I am concerned.

Who?
iamchris

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 16:33:24 »

Who?
Williams. He looked pretty hacked off with The Town End
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: