Pages: 1 ... 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 ... 211   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 380756 times)
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #2265 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 13:22:17 »

Agreed. Insightful conjecture.

I think for it to be true, it would show up on the list of embargoes on the EFL's website, of which only Sutton are under one in League Two. It showed up on there for us in 21/22.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #2266 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 13:24:45 »

I think for it to be true, it would show up on the list of embargoes on the EFL's website, of which only Sutton are under one in League Two. It showed up on there for us in 21/22.

Also a good counter-argument!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2267 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 13:54:12 »

I think it was made clear on the LSPOD that it doesn't necessarily mean that we are under an embargo, just potentially not hitting a threshold of expendeture that would trigger the requirement of a due payment of the loan.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2268 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 14:00:07 »

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/december/efl-and-premier-league-statement-rescue-package-agreed/

Is this what you guys are referring to?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #2269 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 14:11:34 »

I think it was made clear on the LSPOD that it doesn't necessarily mean that we are under an embargo, just potentially not hitting a threshold of expendeture that would trigger the requirement of a due payment of the loan.
Ah apologies, I think I misunderstood that one.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2270 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 14:26:31 »

I think it was made clear on the LSPOD that it doesn't necessarily mean that we are under an embargo, just potentially not hitting a threshold of expenditure that would trigger the requirement of a due payment of the loan.

From a brief scan of that, if we are hitting the ceiling requiring repayments that rather flies in the race of us lacking a pot to piss in (albeit it being possibly a cumulative figure since the loan the big squad last season could be fucking us up)Huh?

Long and short, despite the multiple pronouncements of FACT, actually its quite nuanced and no one outside the club likely has a fucking clue what's actually happening.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2271 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 14:31:33 »

I'd forgotten we traded away Lavinier, he'd be a godsend for us at LWB right now vs every other person who has given it a go.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2272 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 14:41:23 »

I'd forgotten we traded away Lavinier, he'd be a godsend for us at LWB right now vs every other person who has given it a go.

Yeah Dokes has been a good signing though meanwhile he was always injured. Wiki says he hasn't even played for FG yet, don't know if that is up to date.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #2273 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 14:42:21 »

Yeah Dokes has been a good signing though meanwhile he was always injured. Wiki says he hasn't even played for FG yet, don't know if that is up to date.

7 apps, 1 red card.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=114321
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2274 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 15:04:25 »

From a brief scan of that, if we are hitting the ceiling requiring repayments that rather flies in the race of us lacking a pot to piss in (albeit it being possibly a cumulative figure since the loan the big squad last season could be fucking us up)Huh?

Long and short, despite the multiple pronouncements of FACT, actually its quite nuanced and no one outside the club likely has a fucking clue what's actually happening.

Agreed, and I don't think anyone has made pronouncements as Fact in this case, either here or on any Pods that I have listened to, just speculating potential reasons based on what we can see happening combined with a few whispers no doubt (as is always the case)

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2275 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 15:21:57 »

There are three outstanding debts in this area (reducing)
   - Efl hardship £415k (was 1.09M)
   - EFL covid loan £41K (was 119K)
   - Bounce back loan 32K (was 50K)

Any one of them could have restrictions while they are live. Any one could be disadvantageous to pay where conditions are imposed to do so.

Or maybe no/
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2276 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 15:46:20 »

From what I see, clubs only have abide by the EFL’s financial regulations.

‘ League One and League Two Clubs follow the Salary Cost Management Protocol (“SCMP”) These state that Clubs can only spend a fixed percentage of its revenue on player wages etc. This limit can also be added to or impacted by equity injections or net transfer spend.
For more information about the EFL’s Financial Fair Play Rules, see Appendix 5 of the EFL Regulations.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2277 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 17:27:07 »

Let’s hope Flynn is right
https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/23895589.dan-kemp-wants-stay-swindon-town-beyond-january/

So, give no fucks
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2278 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 18:15:39 »

There are three outstanding debts in this area (reducing)
   - Efl hardship £415k (was 1.09M)
   - EFL covid loan £41K (was 119K)
   - Bounce back loan 32K (was 50K)

Any one of them could have restrictions while they are live. Any one could be disadvantageous to pay where conditions are imposed to do so.

Or maybe no/

The amount of money the EFL gets its should have been a grant and not loans
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #2279 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 21:49:12 »

Twitter rumours swirling that we have signed/are signing someone and that they are some kind of wrong ‘un
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 ... 211   Go Up
Print
Jump to: