Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scunthorpe United FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 40137 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, April 27, 2013, 16:32:25 »

To be fair Scunnie should be heavily fined for that. Wankers.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, April 27, 2013, 16:33:59 »

To be fair Scunnie should be heavily fined for that. Wankers.
imagine if it had cost us a PO position or automatic promotion, there's little doubt that the pitch invasion turned the game
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, April 27, 2013, 16:36:48 »

imagine if it had cost us a PO position or automatic promotion, there's little doubt that the pitch invasion turned the game

Exactly, our club always bangs on about no pitch invasions after the match, let alone during a match. This should be dealt with very seriously, cost us a semi v Yeovil.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, April 27, 2013, 16:44:16 »

Thanks for the clarification Batch and SY.  Conceding 3 goals not ideal prep though irrelevant if the pitch invasion unsettled things. What if Brentford fans do the same?

The switch to Saturday is a bit of a pain as well.  For the first time ever, I don't feel excited at being in the POs.  Not good, but perhaps a natural defence mechanism against what I think is probably going to happen  Sad
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, April 27, 2013, 16:45:51 »

I can't make the Saturday, and bugger knows if I'll be able to get an away ticket Sad
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, April 27, 2013, 16:46:39 »

Didn't Digby's last tenure as GK coach also coincide with Brezonan going from looking a very solid and reliable prospect to suddenly becoming sloppy and error prone as well?

Hmmm

Might be making that up. Input from anyone with a better memory appreciated.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, April 27, 2013, 16:48:16 »

Didn't Digby's last tenure as GK coach also coincide with Brezonan going from looking a very solid and reliable prospect to suddenly becoming sloppy and error prone as well?

Hmmm

I thought Brezovan was never really the same after his arm break

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
adje

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, April 27, 2013, 16:48:35 »

Digby out!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, April 27, 2013, 16:49:28 »

Hmmm

Brez obviously had his broken arm by the time he came back the previous keeper coach (name escapes) had followed Wise to Leeds and we had Granville (I think)

Afaik KMac hasn't bought in anymore backroom staff aside from Cooper which worries me tbh.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, April 27, 2013, 17:05:31 »

Afaik KMac hasn't bought in anymore backroom staff aside from Cooper which worries me tbh.

When you're looking to save money, then it's only to be expected, that the backroom staff will be as small as possible.

Which is why I was surprised reading about the meeting in the week, that apparently we have a media manager person lurking in the background.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, April 27, 2013, 17:30:16 »

plenty of handbags in the car park afterwards and the satisfying sound of baton on spine Cheesy

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, April 27, 2013, 17:35:47 »

Just got back.  Strange game in a strange atmosphere.

We lacked in nearly every department today, only Collins & Ward earned any credit imo.  Although fighting for possible survival, Scunthorpe are a poor team, who really wanted it today, right up to the end.

I've no idea why Roberts goal was disallowed or what the penalty was for?  Ref didn't give it we all thought it was a corner.  Da Vita is a shadow of himself these days and looked completely 2nd rate.  I'm not sure how the POs will pan out, but we're a million miles from being a Championship side.

I've no idea what the formation was following the subs today, I presume he went for 5 across midfield? Not sure why as we didn't bother with a midfield prior to that.

The pitch invasion was as a result of a small section of Scunny fans & the right section of Town throwing their usual banter at each other, then we scored! I think (I was behind the goal to the left) our fans wanted to get a bit closer & it got a bit out of control, very few stewards or Police in the vacinity.  This sparked a stampede of about 50 odd "kids for a fiver" Brigade to race over from the far end.  Delayed the game for 2-3 minutes.

All round shit away day again tbh,
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, April 27, 2013, 17:54:43 »

I haven't read back through yet..

Didn't win!? Shame under the circumstances but who gives a fuck, we are underdogs to all of the rest anyway.

Was there any trouble? I heard something on the radio.

Clems Army!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, April 27, 2013, 18:14:12 »

More likely they're going to be mentally shell shocked.
[url width=634 height=389]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/27/article-2315752-19838D6E000005DC-62_634x389.jpg[/url]

Lets hope so...
corner

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, April 27, 2013, 18:35:56 »

Jus see the goals, how the ref could give the pen I don't know, he was blind side to it and the Lino who had a perfect view gave a corner. Joke.
Still on to brentford reckon we could do em at are place, and fancy Yeovil to beat utd so think we will go up to wembly 3rd time lucky? You bet coyr get behind the team!!!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: