Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EDIT: Pox tickets now on sale  (Read 29220 times)
ArchieK

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 16:51:17 »

Are you lot likely to sell out for this game? How many have been sold so far?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 16:58:11 »

Are you lot likely to sell out for this game? How many have been sold so far?
Probably not, and no idea.
ArchieK

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 17:03:53 »

And i assume IF you lose to us you won't care either?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 17:08:44 »

Think it's fair to say most on here are excited at the prospect of playing Oxford again.  But not quite as excited as your lot seem to be.

When I last looked, well over half the posts on the yellows online forum seemed to be about STFC.  Flattering, certainly, but also borderline obsessive.  Supporting Oxford seems to be as much about hating Swindon as loving your own side...and I don't think the reverse is true.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 17:35:48 »

And i assume IF you lose to us you won't care either?
Did I say I didn't care? I answered one of your questions.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 17:39:36 »

More important currently, anyone know how many tickets we've sold for the Crewe match? I came over for the first match of last season full of hope and will do on Saturday, lets hope for a better result!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 17:44:45 »

Think it's fair to say most on here are excited at the prospect of playing Oxford again.  But not quite as excited as your lot seem to be.

When I last looked, well over half the posts on the yellows online forum seemed to be about STFC.  Flattering, certainly, but also borderline obsessive.  Supporting Oxford seems to be as much about hating Swindon as loving your own side...and I don't think the reverse is true.

This.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 17:59:26 »

!

I was thinking the same thing Ardiles, i've never even been to a Pox game so i'm pretty excited, but seems to be all they ever talk
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 18:07:05 »

Oxford have had some soul destroying away days in the last few years. I can understand their excitement to an extent. All I've read is Oxford, Oxford, Oxford recently "how great are we" etc etc. Zzzzzzzzzzz

Frankly, I'm looking forward to getting this game out of the way.

If we win we'll get a week of "Fuck off we were robbed! We still outsang you and took the terraces, streets and that" and then peace and quiet until we travel to the Stade de Trois.

If we lose or draw (depending how it happens) we'll not hear the last of it. I dread this most of all.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 19:24:52 by Costanza » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 21:55:14 »

Frankly, I'm looking forward to getting this game out of the way.

I'm with you here.  In some ways, our season starts on Aug 22nd.  The Oxford game is a distraction we can do without.  I hope we win it, but the world won't come crashing down if we don't.  There are 42 games after the Oxford encounter, and this is where our season will be won or lost.

If we win we'll get a week of "Fuck off we were robbed! We still outsang you and took the terraces, streets and that" and then peace and quiet until we travel to the Stade de Trois.

Brilliant.  Copyright it.

If we lose or draw (depending how it happens) we'll not hear the last of it. I dread this most of all.

All you need to do, in such an eventuality, is to take an internet holiday.  The STFC vs STFC game happens 6 days after the derby...and I'm sure the TEF could survive without us for that period.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 22:05:50 »

For some of us this game is as big as the Scummers are building it up to be. Its not one sided for some of us. This game is fucking huge. I don't work with or live with any of the cunts but I will have such a fucking piss on if we lose. If we win I'll have a fucking huge smile on my chops. Its what football is all about - its tribal. They will forever be in our shadows and I'm looking forward to putting these fuckers in their place. 
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 22:10:40 »

For some of us this game is as big as the Scummers are building it up to be. Its not one sided for some of us. This game is fucking huge. I don't work with or live with any of the cunts but I will have such a fucking piss on if we lose. If we win I'll have a fucking huge smile on my chops. Its what football is all about - its tribal. They will forever be in our shadows and I'm looking forward to putting these fuckers in their place. 

This.

I'm surrounded by Poxford both in my street and at work. Not winning this game for me doesn't bear thinking about.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 22:13:50 »

They probably see this as their best chance for a long time to take some points off us, instead of being quietly confident they choose to shout their mouths off. Results leading up to our game with them will play a big part in who goes into the derby with more confidence. Whatever the result I'll only be thinking about it until the game after. Won't be wasting my time reading what they have to say about it.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 22:16:06 »

Accepted.  I'm not belittling what this game means to Swindon fans, and I accept that it means more to some of our fans than it does to others.

BUT

I'm also very pleased that, as a fanbase, we don't define ourselves - like Oxford seem to - by our hatred of a local rival.  Being a Swindon fan is about loving STFC.  Being an Oxford fan, to many, seems to be based around a vitriolic, consuming hatred of ourselves.  I think that's really sad, and not particularly healthy.  Glad that my footballing allegiance grew up on the right side of the county line!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 01:00:48 »

I care about the Oxford game but not as much as promotion.

I'll gladly to a deal with the devil right now for two defeats to Oxford if it meant we'd win the other 44 games and win the league.

I think this game would mean more to our fans if say we'd been regaulr L2 mid table shite. Or even L1 for that matter - in effect a season where both teams were going to finish mid table and not trouble the play offs with only bragging rights to play for.

We have got to right the wrongs of last season. Without trying to sound a bit Leeds with our budget and the on paper talent we had last season we shouldn't haver gone down. We did and we need to correct it asap.

I have no idea what Oxford expect from their season - mid table/play off flirt? Best case scenario beat us and make the play offs - would that be classed as a good season for them? For us that would be ok made better by winning the play offs but anything less than promotion isn't good enough.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: