Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cambridge Utd v STFC Caribou Cup  (Read 17069 times)
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, August 10, 2021, 20:49:06 »

Hopefully Odimayo's injury isn't severe. Baudry's was pretty predictable: he can't do double gameweeks.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, August 10, 2021, 20:49:08 »

Just get past the first round once

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, August 10, 2021, 20:58:18 »

Well done for not losing to Cambridge in 90 mins, its a step further than we got under Wellens.

Yes I agree. We drew against the team who came second in league 2 last season. Bristol Rovers for example who also got relegated last season with us lost 2-0 against Cheltenham who won league 2 last season.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, August 10, 2021, 21:02:44 »

Unbeaten in the cup this season. Sort of.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, August 10, 2021, 21:03:55 »

Garner:
- Proud
- Great characters in there today
- Odimayo got through a lot with little preseason
- Couple of others cramping up
- Ran out of legs a bit
- Shows we have young players knocking on the door
- Some of the play was excellent
- Didnt quite get the final pass right, but it will come
- Not many clear cut chances.
- Odimayo was just cramp
- Baudry will be assessed. Felt his hamstring
- Preplanning: Had to be careful and rotated as much as we could
- Couldnt be prouder of the effort that went in against a team promoted last year
- Reed was excellent, especially in the second half
- He's good fitness wise as he's played in pre-season for Donkey
- Aguiar: Seen him at Worthing previously. Heard good things. Thought he had good potential
- Want young players at the club to give an opportunity to
- Like technically good players. Aguiar has good quality. Scored lots from distance. Wants to learn.
- Penalties are on Garner. Made conscious decision not to practice on them yesterday. Needed to work on other things
- Garner therefore took the blame
- Definitely need another forward. Prob wont happen before the weekend
- Probably want 1 or 2 in other areas
- Many of the players hadnt played together before
- Hoping for recovery and rest ahead of Saturday
- Energy from crowd will be fantastic
- Real positive how we have got through these two games.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 10, 2021, 21:13:55 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, August 10, 2021, 21:52:20 »

Shame that.
Not much between the sides with neither offering too much of a threat.
Some of the spells of possession were very encouraging and bodes well for the style of play this season.
Everybody neat & tidy without anyone really standing out.
Total pass completion in the first couple of games can't be far off the overall total under Sheridan!

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, August 10, 2021, 21:57:56 »

I mean Hodgetts has only been involved one way or another with the Town comms for more years than a 36 year old can remember & he’s got a very distinctive voice.

Odd to think someone else is him

SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, August 10, 2021, 23:00:34 »

Enjoyed that! missed live football terribly so it was great to get out & support the new regime.

I like Reed, reckon he will be a real asset for us & if McKirdy finds an end product could be key to our season.  Payne played well, but Critchlow was my MoM, strong in defence & can play a bit. Good support for a Tuesday night League Cup game as well.

We were never going to win the shoot out, our lads were out on their feet, gave everything & had little left.  Upbeat & optimistic for our survival this season & who knows...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, August 10, 2021, 23:51:19 »

Garner:
- Proud
- Great characters in there today
- Odimayo got through a lot with little preseason
- Couple of others cramping up
- Ran out of legs a bit
- Shows we have young players knocking on the door
- Some of the play was excellent
- Didnt quite get the final pass right, but it will come
- Not many clear cut chances.
- Odimayo was just cramp
- Baudry will be assessed. Felt his hamstring
- Preplanning: Had to be careful and rotated as much as we could
- Couldnt be prouder of the effort that went in against a team promoted last year
- Reed was excellent, especially in the second half
- He's good fitness wise as he's played in pre-season for Donkey
- Aguiar: Seen him at Worthing previously. Heard good things. Thought he had good potential
- Want young players at the club to give an opportunity to
- Like technically good players. Aguiar has good quality. Scored lots from distance. Wants to learn.
- Penalties are on Garner. Made conscious decision not to practice on them yesterday. Needed to work on other things
- Garner therefore took the blame
- Definitely need another forward. Prob wont happen before the weekend
- Probably want 1 or 2 in other areas
- Many of the players hadnt played together before
- Hoping for recovery and rest ahead of Saturday
- Energy from crowd will be fantastic
- Real positive how we have got through these two games.

Having just got in, my summary - The one that got away. We could have and should have won that. However, for me a moral victory all things considered and I’m back home feeling rather positive about the team going forward. Fitness a concern as you’d expect but penalties aside the play and effort, couldn’t fault it.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 01:18:21 »

A few drunken thoughts! Payne was streets ahead of anyone else on the pitch. If we can hang on to him we could stay up. We’re desperate for something upfront. I love this club. You reds!!!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 06:31:20 »

A few drunken thoughts! Payne was streets ahead of anyone else on the pitch. If we can hang on to him we could stay up. We’re desperate for something upfront. I love this club. You reds!!!
If we can hang on to him we could stay up.      Don't you mean If we can hang on to him we could go up.   Stop being so negative !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 07:26:59 »

If I had to sum that performance up in one sentence it would be "enjoyable and frustrating in equal measures"...reflecting back on it now though I am very, very encouraged by it.

The passing and movement of all 10 outfield players (tbf Ward was comfortable on the ball as well) was a joy to watch and totally belied our L2 status (just as it did 2 seasons ago). The final third was where it got frustrating but we just need to figure our how to best use McKirdy and Simpson, our two potential game changers on the night and that will change. And of course our two other potential game changers, KKH and Gladwin were not on the pitch last night (not criticizing their non-selection which I totally get)

Agree with the positive comments on Crichlow, he looked really accomplished and comfortable on the ball. All the midfield lads were excellent...Payne has been phenomenal in the opening two games...and it's impossible to criticize anyone especially when you consider that the pre-season has been a complete and utter cluster fuck and they've hardly played together. For that reason all the players and coaching staff deserve huge credit.

It was obvious that they were running on fumes for the last 10-15 minutes (or possibly longer) ...understandably so...so to lose on pens was really not surprising, disappointing as it was. In the bigger scheme of things though it really doesn't matter and I'm sure will turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Based on what I've seen so far we need to abandon the "I'll be happy just to stay in the League" narrative. A month ago (maybe less) I would have absolutely gone along with that but the landscape thankfully has completely changed and we can look forward and upwards with hope and expectation once again.

Oh yes...the away support once again was fantastic...something which I've always been proud of, no matter what was going on in the boardroom or on the pitch.

Roll on Saturday!

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 07:34:44 »

Was it announced how many we took?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 07:41:10 »

Was it announced how many we took?

170 according to the Cambridge OS match report (out of a total of 1825).
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 07:57:13 »

Just watched the 10 mins extended highlights....

- We looked very composed on the ball and passed it around well
- Simpson had a glorious chance he blazed over
- McKirdy furious with Parsons when he had a poor shot with McKirdy in acres of space
- McKirdy missed 2 other chances
- Cambridge's chances came when Grant had to cover at CB. Suddenly there were unmarked players in the box as per our defending last year
- We looked tired at the end
- Penalties were awful!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: