Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: reaction from todays game...  (Read 4208 times)
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 13:57:02 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
gurns didn't play the sort of game he usually does, yesterday was more about putting pressure on opponents, closing down, making his presence felt. i certainly don't think he was anywhere near as poor as you say, adje.

Totally agree with you. Gurns was really good yesterday and him and Migs in the centre works really well.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
adje

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 14:18:44 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
gurns didn't play the sort of game he usually does, yesterday was more about putting pressure on opponents, closing down, making his presence felt. i certainly don't think he was anywhere near as poor as you say, adje. although he didn't have one of his better games yesterday.

Evans - superb, probably in the form of his life.
Jenkins - outpaced quite often but made up for it with some crunching tackles and maurading runs down the right-hand side.
Ifil - can't fault his defending apart from a few silly mistakes but his distribution makes baby jesus cry.
O'Hanlon - slowly regaining his form, was solid today and the tackle he made just in front of the nationwide was ace.
Nicholas - absolutely fantastic, iffy's really rejuvenated his career but all credit to nicho as he's worked hard and it's paid off.
Shakes - improving with every game, shame he can't cross. troubled defenders with his pace.
Migs - didn't get much space and was never given options when he had the ball but can't hold him responsible for that.
Gurney - i'd give him a 10 for having a go at bouazza when he didn't pass to shakes late on in the game.
Brown - he can cross a ball!!!!!!!! sign him up.
Fallon - you're still playing for stfc you lanky streak of piss.
Holgate - really worries defenders, uses the ball well, runs with it effectively but doesn't seem to get in goalscoring positions very often.

That's just the point though,he didn't stop Swansea playing.They out passed us in midfield today-Gurney was chasing shadows in my opinion.
Shakes'cross to CCP was pretty decent though Son

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 15:56:43 »

I think Gurney got the kind of job where you get no credit. He was there to run around and get in the way rather than to be a creative attacking force...that is where Migs comes in.

IMHO that is the problem Hewlett had. Okay he was crap but people never realised how much he ran around and stopped passes being played. There was one game where I just watched him and he never stopped running around. The only problem was that he wa no good on the ball so did not get any credit for his work
my-velocity

« Reply #48 on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 18:24:45 »

Cheesy that's all i got too say about the match.
Spud

« Reply #49 on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 22:36:30 »

Gurney didnt do much with the ball although i thought he was ace on the battling side of things.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 22:41:57 »

We'll agree to differ on Gurney then but I swear I never saw him win more than one tackle.

Spud

« Reply #51 on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 22:46:52 »

Quote from: "adje"
We'll agree to differ on Gurney then but I swear I never saw him win more than one tackle.

Im not saying he won tackles he just hussled and pressured the Swansea midfield.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, January 2, 2006, 10:37:12 »

I don't know why i have just thought of this now, but i thought it was great when Fallon was chasin after the ball along with that short Swansea right mid and Fallon just clatters into him and the Swansea player goes flyin  Cheesy  twas very funny............ :--

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
adje

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, January 2, 2006, 12:13:33 »

Well,am I the only one who is incredulous of that astonishing miss by CCP at the end.I know he's a promising youngster but by any standards that was horrendous.I guess people are defensive of him cause of his age and obvious desire to do well but I still cant believe it.Is it me,or was it not that bad?No one else has mentioned it

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, January 2, 2006, 12:23:01 »

It was bad, but you could see how pissed off he was with himself afterwards.

I would have taken a draw before the game tbh, so I wasn't THAT fussed. I did have my head in my hands for a few minutes though.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, January 2, 2006, 12:29:03 »

I actually thought he'd scored and that the ref had disallowed it for something. It just didn't seem possible he could have missed from there!
STFC Village

« Reply #56 on: Monday, January 2, 2006, 13:30:16 »

Well,am I the only one who is incredulous of that astonishing miss by CCP at the end.I know he's a promising youngster but by any standards that was horrendous.I guess people are defensive of him cause of his age and obvious desire to do well but I still cant believe it.Is it me,or was it not that bad?No one else has mentioned it
Tbh, i thought the 'keeper had got a touch on it, and it had just hit CCP. Don't think he had time to react to the deflection.

I thought MC Hammer's miss from the header was alot worse!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, January 2, 2006, 13:40:21 »

i'm trying to forget about it!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: