Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheque  (Read 1229 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 12:47:46 »

If you pay a cheque into your account that hasn't got a date on it, will it clear?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
swindon_chick

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 13:07:28 »

corporate cheque or personal cheque?
billy the fish

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 13:10:43 »

had the same problem once
all i did was put a date on it (same colour ink) no problem
if its typed  your stuck

REFUGEE FROM THISIS SITE
Barry Scott

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 13:28:12 »

Just write a date on it. Banks don't even worry about whether the signatures are legit for values under £3,000.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 13:31:45 »

Ime guessing youve already banked it Sippo and realised the date wasnt on after....its down to the banks discretion and you should be ok.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 13:43:07 »

Ime guessing youve already banked it Sippo and realised the date wasnt on after....its down to the banks discretion and you should be ok.

Correct. It was a personal cheque only for 50 quid. I even looked at the cheque before putting it in the machine!!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 13:54:12 »

Just write a date on it. Banks don't even worry about whether the signatures are legit for values under £3,000.

Not true. I tried to write a cheque from one of my accounts to put in another one of my accounts for £100.

It didnt go through. Said they didnt have a signature for the account I was trying to take the money out of therefore had no proof the signature on the cheque was mine.

So a cheque from DVs account, paid into another DV account where the signature clearly says DV on it and theres a problem?!
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 14:35:38 »

It would suggest that they are monitoring you, your email addresses, and, in fact, all of your e-presence. Don't say anything silly, and deny everything.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 17:19:55 »

I used to work for a bank years ago, and in the centre where we worked we didn't check any cheques under £4k, although we had days where we would do random checks to try and catch fraudsters.

We certainly didn't worry about checking dates under that amount or any signatures.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 17:54:12 »

Banks are robbing bastards,,,,,,,if they can send it back to you and make a charge they will....

Clems Army!
Barry Scott

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 20:02:04 »

Not true. I tried to write a cheque from one of my accounts to put in another one of my accounts for £100.

It didnt go through. Said they didnt have a signature for the account I was trying to take the money out of therefore had no proof the signature on the cheque was mine.

So a cheque from DVs account, paid into another DV account where the signature clearly says DV on it and theres a problem?!

Oh, my mistake, i've heard wrong then.  Shrug
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: