Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Friendlies  (Read 158420 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 18:11:17 »

Yes me also. He made one tremendous run down the right wing before falling over.

Is James Dayton a competition winner? I'm not convinced he's a professional footballer.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 18:12:17 »

So, after all that, with what we have available, how are we likely to line up in a 4-3-3? I've never been a fan of half-arsed pre season games so I've not seen any of this lot in the flesh. Where does Stewart fit in? Or mind-Ottwille likely to be good enough at left back? Are we a bit narrow with a 4-3-3?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 18:23:22 »

OST said...
'it is generally acknowledged within football that the Scousers are pretty knowledgeable'

I thought is was well known that that's just a load of media installed bollocks. Liverpool fans are no more knowledgable than any other set of supporter. You get your good ones, you get your morons. I'm sure this would apply at Anfield, especially these days.

I suppose instead of..."It is generally acknowledged that", I should have really said, "It is my personal opinion that"...which it is. This is something I have found to be true in my personal experience. I don't need the media to tell me what to think. As you rightly say, you get good ones, bad ones, morons etc...

My overriding point was that I didn't find the comments to be  Lips Sealed / patronising.

Edit: And to be fair Jan, I gave an example gained from personal experience in my original post of Liverpool fans being that bit more knowledgeable than other fans. I related how they clapped our players off the pitch after they had got a late, arguably undeserved equalizer against us.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 18:32:46 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 18:24:19 »

Was that him? I was at that game as well!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 18:57:14 »

At the end of the day, we weren't embarrassed considering they've spent £60m+ on the two strikers. I wouldn't be surprised if we haven't spent £60m on players in our whole history.

It's very hard to judge most of the players that came on in the second half, but I thought the right back that replaced Nate Dog did OK.

We still need a few players in, sooner rather than later.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 18:57:21 »

Well I actually enjoyed that, given it was a pre-season friendly.

Liverpool did fashion themselves 3 or 4 good scoring opportunities in the first half, and should have taken a couple of them, but with a £60M price tag then it would be slightly concerning for them if they didn't. FWIW Benteke didn't look sharp and Firmino was anonymous.

We did OK. There was a spell on 30 minutes where we didn't let Liverpool touch the ball for ages, very pleasing indeed.

The defence didn't look ropey as such, but we are still overplaying it at times and again nearly got caught out.

But it was going forward that looked the weak link. It wasn't the front two that was the main issue, it was a lack of penetration (oo er) from the midfield. Still, we were playing a reasonable Liverpool team and so no need to panic yet.

The trialist keeper did extremely well indeed. Came out to smother shots, generally handled well and distribution was good. Shame about the blot on the copybook at the end, I turned away convinced he had made an excellent save. I'm peddling the story that he clearly let it in on purpose against his paymasters Smiley Belford has a bit of a battle on his hands if we sign him.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 19:08:43 »

Can I start being a grumpy twat about the day tripper fans yet?  Got right on my tits.

Never knowingly overstated.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 19:10:43 »

Can I start being a grumpy twat about the day tripper fans yet?  Got right on my tits.

Of course you can, Sax. Vent.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 19:15:47 »

Thankyou.

People with that sodding half and half scarf in the town end.

Applause for substitutions for Liverpool, in the town end

Both understandable, yeah its the way it is, they've paid to get in whatever.  But what summed up armchair fandom for me was 2 rows in front of me a liverpool fan with a camera out for the whole game zooming in on Liverpool players taking pictures.  Can you actually not watch a match if its not on a tiny screen you tossers?

And then trying to get out being blocked by people taking photos of the liverpool squad.

Its not a day out at the zoo it a sporting event.

Aside from that, good day.

Never knowingly overstated.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 19:22:46 »

At the end of the day, we weren't embarrassed considering they've spent £60m+ on the two strikers. I wouldn't be surprised if we haven't spent £60m on players in our whole history.

It's very hard to judge most of the players that came on in the second half, but I thought the right back that replaced Nate Dog did OK.

We still need a few players in, sooner rather than later.

id be more suprised if we had spent more than 10% of that in our history
Skinny Pete

« Reply #700 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 19:24:33 »

Rodgers was good when he came on.

Just sayin'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 21:09:31 »

Benteke goal: http://streamable.com/s1wn
Obika goal: http://streamable.com/9u72
Ojo goal: http://streamable.com/nsku

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
EldeneRed

« Reply #702 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 22:53:48 »

I enjoyed it thoroughly, disappointed we couldn't hold for the Draw, denying Liverpool's plastic fans a win would have been very satisfying for me.

Was it just me or was Cooper looking a little old though?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 23:04:21 »

Bentekes and Obika's goals both very classy. Kasim has to take the blame for Bentekes I think, quite where he thought he was going I do not know. Hylton's(was he the number 10 today? Looks a little bit like Byrne from the back) little dink across the box for Obika's says a lot. Think we've got a bloody good strike partnership there.

Ojo was bloody lucky. Think that's why he crossed himself.

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 06:30:32 »

I definitely think the new 'keeper did well.. Looked a lot more compose than Belford, I think that he'll start as number 1, personally... I'm sure we'll find out when the squad numbers are announced... having said that, I'm not sure that even that has a bearing on things these days!

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: