Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Harford - Believe me if you want, if not fair enough  (Read 4181 times)
Piemonte

« Reply #15 on: Friday, February 18, 2005, 16:18:01 »

He was only on a monthly deal though so got paid off with..... 1 months pay. which is probably less than mine :?

I believe you Jan, not sure if I believe you're mates mate though. Time will tell.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Friday, February 18, 2005, 18:41:08 »

Quote from: "janaage77"
He wasn't sacked mate, he left by mutual consent.  Meaning he would have had a nice little pay off.  So if my company did that for me, when it was obvious that things aren;t working out, yeah I think I would be quite content with leaving.

like pie face said, month to month. HE GOT FORCED OUT. lets not sugar coat things, his friend has had to tell him to hop it. doubt he'd be happy about that
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, February 19, 2005, 14:56:49 »

He wasn't sacked mate, he left by mutual consent.  Meaning he would have had a nice little pay off.  So if my company did that for me, when it was obvious that things aren;t working out, yeah I think I would be quite content with leaving.

Don't think that's the case really as he was only on a trial basis still plus we don't have the money to give any nice little pay offs - hence why we haven't sacked King yet  Wink

Despite the way I feel about King, we've just won 3 games on the bounce.  Now is not the time to sack the fella, plus he has done a lot for the club.  I know very little of Mick Harford so I'm not so sure signing him would be such a step-up.  I think King's head should roll at the end of the season if we don't make the playoffs, but while we're in with a shout, it's madness to move King out the way as a new manager would take a while to settle.

At the end of the day, I don't care if Tommy M**ney is in charge as long as we make the playoffs.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, February 20, 2005, 09:38:54 »

I got a mate who has a friend and his uncle works with a woman who's son goes down the pub with a lad who is the brother of a 'reliable source'..............
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, February 20, 2005, 20:11:46 »

UPDATE - I was out last night and had it confirmed by one of Swindon's starting eleven that Mr Harford will be announced as a new STFC employee this week.  Other than breaking into Kingy's house holding him at knife point and recording his answer, I can't really do much better than that.

HARFORD WILL BE HERE THIS WEEK!!  FACT!!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, February 20, 2005, 20:21:28 »

This still seems a bit unlikely, as Walsh only took the job because he was desperate, because the pay is well below the national average.

I suppose if he's getting a hefty wedge from Forest, he might regard it as a sort of voluntary work.....to keep your hand in and lookgood on a CV.

The fact that Forest trousered the Spurs dosh for Reid and Dawson, poss means they're in a position to paya lump sum.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, February 20, 2005, 20:29:31 »

I'm not a liar Reggie baby, I swear that this player told me that Harford's coming.  He actually said "he's already in mate", so unless the whole world is winding up Jan the Jock, it's gonna happen.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, February 20, 2005, 20:44:33 »

I'm not suggesting for one minute that the conversation didn't take place, rather there are enough reasons for it not to happen, that a players confirmation isn't really quite sufficient to convince at this stage.

Especially if said player had been on the pop.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, February 20, 2005, 21:58:37 »

There are a few people on various sites saying they spoke to players in town or whatever and the players have apparently said Harford will be here.

There's an announcement due tomorrow anyway so we'll see.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, February 20, 2005, 22:18:44 »

I'm not a liar Reggie baby, I swear that this player told me that Harford's coming.  He actually said "he's already in mate", so unless the whole world is winding up Jan the Jock, it's gonna happen.

If you're right, I want to meet your source  Cheesy

I believe him, but I am gullable.  Good news!
santini

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, February 20, 2005, 23:43:48 »

It's true. Harford starts Monday as "Assistant Manager". Lets hope he has more influence on team and tactics. The first thing he should do is get them really fit again. Each player should have his own targets including maximum weight. Miss the target and you don't play. That should keep Howard out all season. Wink
Barry Potter

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, February 20, 2005, 23:52:01 »

If it happens,whatever Harfords title I can see big renditions of "Mick Harfords Barmy Army" from the Town End on Wednesday to rub Kings nose in it!
Dazzza

« Reply #27 on: Monday, February 21, 2005, 01:34:11 »

Will be an excellent appointment if it does come off.

Harford played a large part in restructuring Luton Town while they where languishing in the old 3rd division.  

He looks to have had a big influence on Mike Newell who didn't look like he was cut out for management in charge of Hull after managing to blow a massive points advantage in the league.

Hopefully he will install some agression and orginisation into the side and stop us dropping some of the points we have this season.

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, February 21, 2005, 13:30:50 »

Mick Harfords Barmy army would just be a ridiculous chant considering he is playing second fiddle, but I can still see some people in the Town End ctrediting the season (if we finish 9th) to Harofrd, despite it being lower than when he arrived!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, February 21, 2005, 13:37:39 »

Quote from: "Walrus"

If you're right, I want to meet your source  Cheesy

I believe him, but I am gullable.  Good news!

Walrus you see the fella who told me playing for Town every week.  Nice bloke.  I couldn't see why he'd not be telling te truth.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: