Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paint Pot - Round 2  (Read 3794 times)
neville w

« Reply #30 on: Saturday, September 8, 2007, 19:04:19 »

Quote from: "DV"
the minute you start looking to win the JPT is the minute you accept the fact we're a shitty league one side and always will be.

We're better than the JPT and the pointless shit competition doesnt even deserve to have us in it.

I cant wait for the days when we dont even have to enter it

I don't expect to see you in the queue for Final tickets then

How  can you assert that we're "better than the JPT "? The most charitable assessment is that your painkillers are kicking in, otherwise take a reality pill.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, September 8, 2007, 19:55:41 »

Quote from: "neville w"
the minute you start looking to win the JPT is the minute you accept the fact we're a shitty league one side and always will be.

We're better than the JPT and the pointless shit competition doesnt even deserve to have us in it.

I cant wait for the days when we dont even have to enter it

I don't expect to see you in the queue for Final tickets then

How  can you assert that we're "better than the JPT "? The most charitable assessment is that your painkillers are kicking in, otherwise take a reality pill.

I'm with neville on this one.

Please allow me to go through those points individually:

1) the minute you start looking to win the JPT is the minute you accept the fact we're a shitty league one side and always will be.

No it isn't. I don't see why we can't win the JPT and get promoted. The two things are not mutually exclusive. Why should they be? I think we have a strong enough squad now to do just that. The fact that we beat Brentford so convincingly with a totally different side goes some way to proving that.

2) We're better than the JPT and the pointless shit competition doesnt even deserve to have us in it.

Arrogance in the extreme. Enough said I think. Apart from....'With that attitude, you should support Leeds!'

3) I cant wait for the days when we dont even have to enter it

Fair enough. Neither can I. BUT, whilst we are eligible for it, I would just "LOVE IT!!!!!!!!" if we could get to the Final and, better still, win the damned thing. Ever since the competition was invented about 20 years ago I've always wanted us to do well in it whenever we've been eligible for it. I have never, ever knocked it. For me, if we were to get to the final and take 25,000+ to Wembley it would be confirmation that the club really is on the up again.

I hope you enjoy watching it on TV, DV. That's if you can be bothered if course Wink

I suppose you could by the DVD of the game.  

Do you see what I did there? Cool
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, September 8, 2007, 20:09:44 »

a good post ruined by 'what you did there'.  Cheesy
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, September 8, 2007, 20:11:53 »

I love the JPT purely for the fact I get to see more games in a season. I reallly think we can win it this year. Leeds are the only team that concern me. Final it is

Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, September 8, 2007, 22:34:43 »

We're blatantly going to go out at some point by playing a weakened side - Sturrock just doesn't take it seriously enough. I don't even see how the team we played against Brentford was within the rules.

But I have no problem with the competition itself as it gives us some extra games to watch and a realistic chance of going to Wembley. Just look at how much Bristol Shitty creamed themselves when they got to the final, and they are one of the biggest clubs in the country!!!

Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, September 8, 2007, 23:13:45 »

I've got an Auto Windscreens Shield  T- Shirt, which I won in a programme comp circa 95/96....does it get any more exciting?.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, September 8, 2007, 23:24:38 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
I've got an Auto Windscreens Shield  T- Shirt, which I won in a programme comp circa 95/96....does it get any more exciting?.

I've got one of 'em to.......
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, September 8, 2007, 23:31:31 »

Can you remember the question?   I'd wear the shirt  v Cheltnumb, apart from the the fact, I wouldn't fit into it.  I'm guessing you don't have this problem.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, September 8, 2007, 23:34:22 »

Can you remember the question?   I'd wear the shirt  v Cheltnumb, apart from the the fact, I wouldn't fit into it.  I'm guessing you don't have this problem.

Not now. I did have a slight problem when I won the shirt being about 10 or 11 at the time and the shirt being an adult one.

I think I used to wear it to sleep in when I was younger.....

Im gonna go see if I still got it
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, September 8, 2007, 23:37:37 »

Not now. I did have a slight problem when I won the shirt being about 10 or 11 at the time and the shirt being an adult one.

I think I used to wear it to sleep in when I was younger.....

Im gonna go see if I still got it

Have you got an STFC duvet cover.  I have.....quality merchandise....I wouldn't buy one now though, the badge would probably rub off.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, September 8, 2007, 23:40:30 »

I used to have one back in the day....

Its still around though, infact Its probably in the dogs bed right now.

Obviously we kept all my old ones, as the dog has them in her bed.

Super Mario, WWF and STFC

Oops
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, September 8, 2007, 23:42:34 »

I've also got a framed hand drawn picture of some of our players from 95/96

Culverhouse, Taylor, Bodin, Thorne, Allison, Finney, O'Sullivan and McMahon.

Dunno how many were done, might be worth a bit....?!

To Daniel

Merry Xmas

Steve McMahon
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, September 9, 2007, 00:33:36 »

I've also got a framed hand drawn picture of some of our players from 95/96

Culverhouse, Taylor, Bodin, Thorne, Allison, Finney, O'Sullivan and McMahon.

Dunno how many were done, might be worth a bit....?!

To Daniel

Merry Xmas

Steve McMahon

There's not much of a market for STFC memorabilia....which is generally a good thing,becaus eyou can pick up stuff cheaply.

I've just filled my STFC pint glass with water....in a probably vain attempt to avoid dehydration due to excess beer drinking.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: