Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie Austin  (Read 38732 times)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 11:40:21 »

I know it's been argued about before, but why do people think Austin is worth the best part of three million when Cox went for 1.2m (rising to 1.7)?

delusion.
Liden Chap

« Reply #16 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 11:41:20 »

Some people here seem to wear blinkers,( when looking at other teams)

In my opinion we had a good season last year, but it was probably an over acheivement..

What have we done so far this year?  Nothing..... we are far from the best in League one...

Other teams are better than us....Brighton included....I must admit their future with a new ground looks a lot better than ours, where our planning permission for redevlopment, has to my knowledge not been submitted yet.

flammableBen

« Reply #17 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 11:43:59 »

Yeah. Claiming Brighton would be a sideways move is fucking deluded. We'd all have a moan if Charlie went off to just sit on the bench as an established championship side. Perfect move to get himself first on the teamsheet before almost guaranteed promotion to champ next year.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 11:49:26 »

Brighton are doing very well at the moment, and are a better team than us this year. But I can't imagine Charlie going to another League One side in the mere hope of getting promotion. In case anybody's forgotten, Leeds looked like they had promotion in the bag at Christmas last year, then very nearly didn't make it. And Oxford have shown time and time again that being top early on means nothing.

If Charlie was going to go to a club like Brighton, I'd imagine they'd need to get promoted first. There'll be plenty of interest from sides throughout the Championship which will be more attractive as long as Brighton are in League One.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 11:52:46 »

In the Football League paper yesterday there was a big spread on Charlie, with a list as long as your arm of teams after him. Going to be a struggle come Jan to keep him, and with so many after him if he does go I'm positive it wouldn't be less than 2 million, which would still be cheap for the amount of goals he is likely to get, hopefully though it will still be us he's banging them in for.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 11:56:14 »

i think charlie will wait till the season ends before moving.but if the money offered tempts fitton enough, the players wants wont come into it..
jonbd

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 12:01:40 »

With the list of higher ranked clubs reportedly interested in him, I would have though Brighton would be way down on the list right now surely? If they get promotion this year then it's a different matter (if they think he's worth what we are prepared to accept)
Liden Chap

« Reply #22 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 12:04:37 »

Another question, he is from Poole will he want to move oop North?

Barry Scott

« Reply #23 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 12:06:37 »

Please go back to the Brighton board troll.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 12:08:43 »

They have paid £95 million for a new ground, ( rich Chairman) 

Amex are paying for part of it via their sponsorship, and our owners have got more money than their chairman.

And Brighton have not got the million plus transfer fee. He would go to a bigger club than Brighton...End of.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 22, 2010, 12:11:23 by Summerof69 » Logged

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 12:30:49 »

If brighton want him and offer enough money (not £3 million like the deluded think), then he will go. Simple as that

Things get better but they never get good
seagull

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 12:35:51 »

Amex are paying for part of it via their sponsorship, and our owners have got more money than their chairman.

And Brighton have not got the million plus transfer fee. He would go to a bigger club than Brighton...End of.

The cost of the stadium has now risen to £100m which the chairman has funded with an interest free loan to the club although he's said he's not expecting much of it back and will convert it into shares. AMEX are sponsoring the stadium but the amount they're providing is very little compared to the overall cost of the development.

I suspect we could well have a million odd to spend, although it is speculation. We were told the budget went up 10% this year and we spent about a million the previous summer. Although we spent 250k on Greer we actually made a profit this summer as we sold Crofts to Norwich for 300k and Dickinson for 150k.

Having said that - as much as I would love this rumour to be true - I'm not convinced it is. I suspect we're more likely to buy a wide man than a striker, but you never know.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 12:45:00 »

I know it's been argued about before, but why do people think Austin is worth the best part of three million when Cox went for 1.2m (rising to 1.7)?

Think Cox went for £1.5m rising to £1.9m.

As to why Austin is worth more;
- two years younger
- on a longer contract
- higher goal ratio (Austin 0.57 vs Cox 0.42)
- he's a better all round player
- more potential (only been full time for one year, Cox has been full time since he was 16)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 12:47:04 »

All I can say is you'd better not go up ( unless we do) As I quite fancy visiting your new ground after many times freezing my what nots off at the Withdean. Got to love internet rumours whenever someone has a hot property, there are always clowns starting rumours, so I think it would be very unlikely.
seagull

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, November 22, 2010, 12:54:29 »

All I can say is you'd better not go up ( unless we do) As I quite fancy visiting your new ground after many times freezing my what nots off at the Withdean. Got to love internet rumours whenever someone has a hot property, there are always clowns starting rumours, so I think it would be very unlikely.

Well we're wobbling at the moment. A bit worried we could drop like a stone in the coming weeks. Playing Southampton away tomorrow night and its worrying because they're hitting form and we're losing form. If we can pull off a win, wow, big message to the rest of the league and hopefully back on track with a confidence booster. If we lose, well we could have seen an 8 point lead reduced to 1.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: