Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Huddersfield Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38812 times)
stfcinbmth

« Reply #255 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 17:42:37 »

Just in from sunny Bournemuff. Cracking result, can't believe some of the comments on here. I think we needed this result to firmly cement the view that we are a team (and club) on the move. Well Done Lads.

What you been to see? Forgot to ask the other day?

Basically a fantastic team performance today, well chuffed for us and the players
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 17:44:14 by stfcinbmth » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 17:50:45 »

What a great game!

We started quite brightly but then Huddersfield started to take hold and scored from a quality strike which being hyper-critical the defence backed off a little bit too much to allow the striker to turn and shoot.

I feared the worse.

But what a response. We were the team that came back at Huddersfield. I wouldn't say we pummelled them or anything like it, but we were the team on top. And we scored. And we scored a good goal again. 2-1. Fodderingham brilliantly turned over a good shot but in truth the Huddersfield striker should have done better from the position and the space he was in. Half time.

And so I waited for the inevitable second half onslaught, and as you'd expect Huddersfield started to dominate posession. But they didn't really threaten goal with it. And the longer it went on the more space we had on the counter. And what a third killer goal it was. Ferry raced some distance into the Huddersfield half, looked to have overrun it but toe poked it out wide to Esejas whose perfect cross landed at Kerouche's feet and he tapped/scuffed it in. Doesn't sound like much but the speed of defence to attack was amazing.

The forth goal was the icing on the cake, Ferry shooting straight at the keeper but it was too hot to handle. When the rebound came he had the presence of mind and calmness to sidestep left and place it in.

I'm struggling to remember a Huddersfield shot of any anger at our goal.

Kennedy was my man of the match, though I wouldn't disagree with Ferry getting it either. Flint became better and better as the game went on. McCormack was superb again. In fact the only player perhaps slightly below par was Gabby, but it didn't matter.

I also thought Connell lead the line very well, holding up play and trying to bring in others. But other fans around me and at half time seemed less impressed. Oh how we all see different things.

Lastly, nice touch giving Ward a good reception. Was it me or did it look like he'd been on the pies?

Anyway we were fantastic, just fantastic.

You'll see! Yes

To be fair you are the first team in six to score past Foddringham. That's not bad going Wink
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 17:58:09 »

I don't get the Risser hatred. Yes, he's not the most gifted player, but he wasn't that bad. Did a job today.

Someone said he was blowing out of his arse as well. Not true, was still getting around the pitch well at the end.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 17:59:08 »

Enjoyed that...a lot.

Great stuff.

Can't be arsed to do a match report, but we outplayed them and the scoreline by no means flattered us.

We're gonna win the fucking cup!
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 17:59:56 »

What you been to see? Forgot to ask the other day?

Basically a fantastic team performance today, well chuffed for us and the players

Just went to a bike/tri expo at the BIC with Mrs B. Afterwards walked through the gardens into town, had lunch, looked for some chrimbo pressies and back home to Chi.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 18:01:16 »

Oh and i'd bet my left bollock there was more than 5,700 there today.
There must've been atleast 7,000 there, surely?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #261 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 18:03:16 »

On the box it looked more like 7 than 5 and a bit.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 18:04:20 »

Oh yeah, how fucking arrogant was Novak after he scored the goal?! Would love to see the silly twats face right now.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 18:05:10 »

Arkells looked a bit sparse, not many in the Town End and the wings of the Don Rogers Stand were near enough empty. I would have guessed around 6,000
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 18:06:37 »

Oh yeah, how fucking arrogant was Novak after he scored the goal?! Would love to see the silly twats face right now.

What happened?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Dozno9

« Reply #265 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 18:08:30 »

He thought he was Cantona after he scored, did the 'look at me' pose. Twat.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #266 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 18:08:46 »

I could do a roaring trade in DVD's of this one I think

Hope you had a good day Bewster
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 18:10:07 »

Hahahahaha, anyone would think we 'scraped' a 4-1 win: http://www.htafc.com/page/MatchReport/0,,10312~61256,00.html
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 18:10:15 »

I don't get the Risser hatred. Yes, he's not the most gifted player, but he wasn't that bad. Did a job today.

Someone said he was blowing out of his arse as well. Not true, was still getting around the pitch well at the end.

Too much expectation, with 40 caps for his country i think many people thought he would come in and boss the midfield. Too me he seems really slow and his passing is often poor but if he had come from non league the hatred would not be there
phelpsieboy

« Reply #269 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 18:14:23 »

Silenced the critics with that performance I'll tell you what! Couldnt be happier after that performance  Clap Outshined a team so say 42 games unbeaten, making this season look even more optimistic now
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: