Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shrewsbury Town v Swindon Town matchday thread  (Read 22596 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 17:20:21 »

Yes he missed some, Yes he made some wrong decisions and Yes it will happen again, at 23 he is still learning but one thing Jonny is is 100% behind Swindon .

Let's see at the end of the season where he sits Goal wise....

Jonny reminds me of the song "After The Disco - by Broken Bells.

He's a cracking player. Try not to take any criticism of him personally. I think it's more frustration than criticism because we know what he can do; when he does he's unstoppable but still learning the mental side. No doubt about the talent with ball at feet. Bit of composure, he scores a hattrick/gets three assists.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Rapidflyer

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 17:23:13 »

Hi Peter,

None taken , he gives everything in every match and I am his biggest critic tbh.

You should see the shit he is taking on Twitter !! OMG  never seen anything like it at any previous club. He just sent me them all through, and apparently he is the worst player to ever wear a Swindon shirt.

Young players take time to ignore vile posts something I have just told him to do.... Trolls don't realise how they affect people a form of bullying in my book with no backbone.

Anyway...onward and upward heres to Tuesday... and no 2 goal start.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 17:26:17 »

Hi Peter,

None taken , he gives everything in every match and I am his biggest critic tbh.

You should see the shit he is taking on Twitter !! OMG  never seen anything like it at any previous club. He just sent me them all through, and apparently he is the worst player to ever wear a Swindon shirt.

Young players take time to ignore vile posts something I have just told him to do.... Trolls don't realise how they affect people a form of bullying in my book with no backbone.

That's a shame - There are so many idiots out there.

He could be a very good player, but has a bit to learn. That's why he is playing L1. He has looked a massive threat in ALL of the games he has played. However, he does often run into trouble and doesn't always see a pass early enough. Rather have him in our team than against us that's for sure!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 17:27:01 »

Hi Peter,

You should see the shit he is taking on Twitter !! OMG  never seen anything like it at any previous club. He just sent me them all through, and apparently he is the worst player to ever wear a Swindon shirt.

Please assure him that the element of the STFC fanbase that take the time to send such unhelpful drivel, are that of a minority. Unfortunately, here at Swindon we have more than our fair share of Twitter warriors. Please pass onto him, that we are happy that he is here, we can see that he is a talent and what's more, off the pitch he seems like a thoroughly bloody good guy.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 17:28:47 »

Too Cool
Hi Peter,

You should see the shit he is taking on Twitter !! OMG  never seen anything like it at any previous club. He just sent me them all through, and apparently he is the worst player to ever wear a Swindon shirt.

Probably not good for him going on twitter or reading what the Facebook clowns are saying as it will just turn wind him up. He's a very exciting young player learning his trade and we're fortunate to have him here and he will only get better with the right coaching.

So, give no fucks
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 17:29:11 »

Hi Peter,

Disappointing to hear that and tell him not to take notice. Hopefully he reads the praise he gets, which has been almost constant, not just the negatives. He’ll not get it at City, as nothing is expected of him as he’s not been seen a first team player. He wouldn’t have got it at Oldham, because he was clearly too good for League 2.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 17:29:20 »

Hi Peter,

Please let him know most level headed Swindon fans see the quality he possesses and are glad we have such a direct forward thinking player at the club. Twitter in particular seems to be a breeding ground for the very worst football supporters to spout nonsense.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 17:29:39 »

Dear dear, you have to be in a position to make and create a chance, to miss a chance ... irrespective of the outcome the WHOLE Team played to win, in another time he gets a hatrick, the 3rd goal was a combination of several players including Jonny.

Yes he missed some, Yes he made some wrong decisions and Yes it will happen again, at 23 he is still learning but one thing Jonny is is 100% behind Swindon .

Let's see at the end of the season where he sits Goal wise....

Without doubt he will learn but the fact he is a threat helped push us forward. Their wing back never went forward, he wasn’t going to leave the space that gave Caddis room to manoeuvre our build ups.
At this level I will take a player every day that can go past a defender. The final ball can be worked on.
Today will hopefully give the lads a platform to build from.
From a Swindon perspective that felt like a win, from the Shrews a defeat.
This team will always tear my nerves to shreds, a much needed few glasses of wine are welcome.🍷
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 17:30:17 »

Hi Peter,

I find that not being on Twitter helps avoid the plagued masses.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 17:30:28 »

I thought we deserved a point after a dreadful start. To get a point from 2-0 and 3-1 down in those conditions is a good sign.
It would help if some of the injured players are ready soon, as with 2 games a week some will need a rest if they are to avoid injuries.
Most of our goal threat on their goal came through Jonny Smith, his pace is a big asset, but he needs to improve his decision making (hopefully Noel Hunt can work on that, although the schedule doesn’t leave much scope for training ground work).
The defence was a again poor - and I’m not sure Fryer is an upgrade on Kovar (Too early to say really, and I think had Kovar started a number of us would have blamed him for their first goal) and if we are to continue building from the back Fryer’s footwork may need to improve.
I also think Ricketts helped us by the substitutions, as they went too deep in the last 10 -15 mins, inviting us to attack them.
Felt the referee was poor - and very inconsistent in his decision making.
Onwards and upwards.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #355 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 17:30:48 »

Hi Peter,

The best thing is to ignore twitter and social media it will hurt you and possibly him too.

He just needs to stick to his guns, as stated above he is often our most creative player and has set the level so we all know what hes capable of.

Never take it personally when the idiots have a go, most of them have absolutely no idea anyway and probably never even watched the game!

If anything if they post shit (which I am sure they have) tell him to use it against them, store it up for his benefit and make them eat their words, that will shut the ignorant fucks up!

Hes young and talented and get his head down (but head up on the pitch Wink ) he will do well, hes doing pretty good so far TBH, get him that move away from that lot down the M4 to Swindon Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 17:34:33 »

I hope he knows that isn't reflected by all Town fans.

Fantastic response by the players today coming back from set-backs.

Sent from my XQ-AD51
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 17:38:43 »

Hi Peter,

Always said the vocal minority that moan about everything are worst at Town than most other clubs and stand by that opinion. We have an absolutely toxic element to our fanbase.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 17:39:01 »

He could be a very good player, but has a bit to learn. That's why he is playing L1. He has looked a massive threat in ALL of the games he has played. However, he does often run into trouble and doesn't always see a pass early enough. Rather have him in our team than against us that's for sure!

This exactly. Just been talking to son about him and our thinking is that he is out on loan to give him consistent game time which he will hopefully progress from and the more he does it for us then great.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 17:39:10 »

I hope he knows that isn't reflected by all Town fans.

Fantastic response by the players today coming back from set-backs.

Sent from my XQ-AD51

In this country football is predominantly white working class support. Unfortunately this demographic (and I include myself) are mainly fucking bellends.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: