Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient Matchday thread  (Read 53267 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 17:42:34 »

Sunday 3rd May 2015 - Harry Agombar actually is alive.
Monday 4th May 2015 - Shergar found alive and well under the Stratton Bank.

Come on.......got a 1000/1 Double with a tenner.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #271 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 17:49:33 »

It was probably power taking the piss out of Jed and Tommy and cooper going along with it.
Flashheart

« Reply #272 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 17:54:29 »

Tommy was there apparently.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 17:55:32 »

Lee Power arrived as part of that regime. It wouldn't surprise me if they were on friendly terms.

I did wonder whether the Agombar's were Orient fans or something because the only other time Harry got close to the 1st team was also against Orient.

I stand by the fact that I believe Agombar shouldn't have played both because of what his place at Swindon represents along with the obvious fact that he clearly wasn't match fit.

Also, Cameron Belford was great fun to watch today and definitely looked like a man who prior to joining Town played for Rushall Olympic!
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 17:57:17 by Costanza » Logged
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 18:02:17 »

Preston's PO record is the stuff of legend....think it's 8 or 9 goes and no wins.

Other than the vague feeling that we're better off without Franchise around stinking the place out.....I can't take any great pleasure in Preston blowing it to allow Franchise in.

Reg, 100% spot on mate. You know, I'm (one of) the first to disagree with you as a rule but there's a fair few on here (and fortunately I haven't read the first 15 pages) that speak a bit of sense. Pets, Donkey and Batch I think you've all summed up my views.

Edit: oh and Summerof69 and Chalkies too to be fair. Banbury already knows I love him!
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 18:05:11 by Paolo69 » Logged
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 18:16:15 »

On reflection, down to 10 men, 2-0 down with 43 mins still to play (not to mention crap officials) and with an apparently shit team out that 2-2 draw feels like a win!!  We played well for the last quarter of the game, although they hit the post and bar.  A few positives to take out of that!  Loved the Town End giving them a big piss-take "Take you time you're going down" and "Say hello to Oxford for us"!!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 18:18:02 »

Agombar playing is probably nothing more than Cooper giving him one taste of league football before his contract expires and he returns to his natural level (Sunday league). He's been around the club for a couple of years and, irrespective of the way he gained a contract, has obviously made friends with people.

It's All Good..............
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 18:20:03 »

Agombar playing is probably nothing more than Cooper giving him one taste of league football before his contract expires and he returns to his natural level (Sunday league). He's been around the club for a couple of years and, irrespective of the way he gained a contract, has obviously made friends with people.
According to Sam the decision to play him was taken "above Cooper's head"!  Read in to that what you will!!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 18:21:45 »

Seems to get on with Byrne. I thought maybe it was some clause Jed put into his contract? It's done now anyway and he's history so sod it.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 18:26:31 »

According to Sam the decision to play him was taken "above Cooper's head"!  Read in to that what you will!!

Fair enough, but the thought of what happened to Hereford makes me worried. I do hope our esteemed chairman is not still mixed up with that lot.

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 18:48:54 »

It was a piss take pure and simple. Some people will accept it. If I paid out 27 I'd struggle to see the funny side.
surely people would know that today was a nothing game and that whatever decisions were made were for the club's benefit going forward into the playoffs?
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 19:02:29 »

Ok, the last few weeks have been very strange. I wasn't there today but I gather it was a reasonably entertaining match.

Do we think that Cooper has been resting the main/key players, or do we think that he's been hiding them so that other teams can't scout them?... I'm not sure if that seems reasonable or far-fetched...

Also what is reasonably comforting is the form of the other teams in and around the playoffs. Will Preston be hurting so much that they'll bottle it, or will they be hurting so much that it'll fire them up?

Were Chesterfield considered for a playoff spot earlier in the season?

Does our recent form make us the 'underdog' or is it much of a muchness?

It's such a weird emotion going into the playoffs having been so 'flat' for several weeks.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 19:08:49 »

surely people would know that today was a nothing game and that whatever decisions were made were for the club's benefit going forward into the playoffs?

I think that was in reply to why 'Arry started. Not why we played a weak team.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 19:09:56 »

Do we think that Cooper has been resting the main/key players, or do we think that he's been hiding them so that other teams can't scout them?... I'm not sure if that seems reasonable or far-fetched...

Definitely the latter.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 19:18:14 »

Does our recent form make us the 'underdog' or is it much of a muchness?

Very much underdog....Blades knocked off probably before we did....we know they're a good cup fighting team, and are used to playing big one off type matches.  We know they could have a big cup game v Spurs in the week and then make 10 changes and still beat us on the Saturday.  We know we've a terrible record at Bramall Lane.  It's quite conceivable given our defensive frailty that we could be out of this on Thursday.  Anything over a 2 goal deficit and I'd say game over.

Cooper seems to want to go gung ho, from what he's said.....think that's right.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: