Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient Matchday thread  (Read 53827 times)
kerry red

« Reply #240 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 14:09:12 »

Us 1 win in 6, Blades 1 win in 6, Chesterfield and Preston 2 each in 6. Doubt if there has ever been a playoff with the 4 teams going in with such a low win rate.

Penalties all round it is then!
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 14:13:51 »

I thoroughly enjoyed that game.

So did I.Luckily having a shit ref saved the game as the players and fans felt an injuustice.
Stayed behind for the lads lap of honour ,  now in The  Merlin . Happy days.

To chalkies. I actually thought Rickets played ok.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #242 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 14:17:54 »

So did I.Luckily having a shit ref saved the game as the players and fans felt an injuustice.
Stayed behind for the lads lap of honour ,  now in The  Merlin . Happy days.

To chalkies. I actually thought Rickets played ok.
How much have you had?
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 14:18:03 »

Oh and their penalty. Not sure if offside, but the ref allowed the advantage which they missed an open goal then brought it back and sent off Belford. Surely fucking their advantage was tough shit. If he had scored wouls he still have sent Belford off?
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 14:20:55 »

How much have you had?

2.  My mate thought the same to be fair.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 14:25:51 »

Us 1 win in 6, Blades 1 win in 6, Chesterfield and Preston 2 each in 6. Doubt if there has ever been a playoff with the 4 teams going in with such a low win rate.

Bit of context for our whingers.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 14:29:58 »

The penalty incident should never have happened, as their striker was offside by yards, it wasn't even close. We then conspired to give them two goals.

The lino was shit, but it was a lot closer than you give credit for. I'm 75% sure it was onside when the ball was kicked.
-------
Anyway funny old game. The inclusion of Agombar was a joke, pretty funny one but there is no justifying his selection when we have some proper young pro's on the bench behind him. He was indeed unfit and dogshite, but at least he tried to keep it simple whenever he touched the ball.

First half: Offside aside, Belford Ty totally fluffed a pass to gift Orient a one on one, then hauled down their man. He owes Cook half a diet coke for ruining his debut too.  Thankfully his brother is possessed by the spirit of Peter "fucking good debut" Brezovan.

Unfortunately Branco is possessed by the spirit of Jerel "one fuckup a match" Ifil. And Andy Williams convinced me I was wrong about him as he flattered to deceive by doing not very much other than wave his arms about giving it a "ooh, look, I nearly got it honest".

Second half starts as the first ended, and we conceded our customary quick goal, game over. Except we took off Agombar and suddenly Rodgers scores a worldy flick up and smack it for the edge of the box. The game changes and we get the momentum, Randall and other debutant (?!) do well, but more importantly Andy Williams starts looking dangerous and starts winning the ball up front and takes on players and beating them. Had this Williams been around for a couple of games he'd be starting on Thursday.

Eventually Rickets goes on a good run into the box, gets fouled, and Williams smacks the penalty in an unsavable way. Later on the cockknocker ref missed a handball by an Orient player as Williams was nearly one on one after a breakaway, then Orient break straight away and have a shout for a penalty too.

As time ran out Orient peppered out box with crosses, and when the keeper came up and we so very very nearly broke onto an unguarded goal, but the ball out was a foot too close to the Orient defender.
--

So all in all an odd day but it was good to see a 10 man Town team fight for a point (eventually). And everyone went home just a little bit happier than they thought they would.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 14:34:19 by Batch » Logged
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 14:42:25 »

Seeing a clip of Anton Rodgers free kick reminded me of another scored by ex-Town player Ernie Hunt for Coventry.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 14:50:09 »

Compare and contrast

http://twitter.com/1daveclayton/status/594845361140834304
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 14:51:39 »

Randall or Toffolo?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 14:53:47 »

Randall or Toffolo?

Toffolo, but Randall was excellent.
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 14:55:05 »

Toffolo maybe Injured.
kerry red

« Reply #252 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 14:58:20 »

Not impressed by Toffolo lately. Wouldn't mind seeing Randall there Thursday.

Just hope Cooper doesn't waste Gladwin there
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 15:06:35 »

Gladwin for me has to play in the middle, his ability to create a yard on the edge of the area can be vital in the playoffs.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 15:08:22 »

The lino was shit, but it was a lot closer than you give credit for. I'm 75% sure it was onside when the ball was kicked.
-------
Anyway funny old game. The inclusion of Agombar was a joke, pretty funny one but there is no justifying his selection when we have some proper young pro's on the bench behind him. He was indeed unfit and dogshite, but at least he tried to keep it simple whenever he touched the ball.

First half: Offside aside, Belford Ty totally fluffed a pass to gift Orient a one on one, then hauled down their man. He owes Cook half a diet coke for ruining his debut too.  Thankfully his brother is possessed by the spirit of Peter "fucking good debut" Brezovan.

Unfortunately Branco is possessed by the spirit of Jerel "one fuckup a match" Ifil. And Andy Williams convinced me I was wrong about him as he flattered to deceive by doing not very much other than wave his arms about giving it a "ooh, look, I nearly got it honest".

Second half starts as the first ended, and we conceded our customary quick goal, game over. Except we took off Agombar and suddenly Rodgers scores a worldy flick up and smack it for the edge of the box. The game changes and we get the momentum, Randall and other debutant (?!) do well, but more importantly Andy Williams starts looking dangerous and starts winning the ball up front and takes on players and beating them. Had this Williams been around for a couple of games he'd be starting on Thursday.

Eventually Rickets goes on a good run into the box, gets fouled, and Williams smacks the penalty in an unsavable way. Later on the cockknocker ref missed a handball by an Orient player as Williams was nearly one on one after a breakaway, then Orient break straight away and have a shout for a penalty too.

As time ran out Orient peppered out box with crosses, and when the keeper came up and we so very very nearly broke onto an unguarded goal, but the ball out was a foot too close to the Orient defender.
--

So all in all an odd day but it was good to see a 10 man Town team fight for a point (eventually). And everyone went home just a little bit happier than they thought they would.

Decent post. Not much wrong with that synopsis. I thought it ended up as an entertaining game for the neutral supporter. Overall I reckon we all got our money's worth today. The last three games have been what was termed the phoney war at the start of WWII. Today wasn't the end, indeed it wasn't the beginning of the end. It was the end of the beginning. The real war so to speak starts on Thursday.

PS. How gutted and demoralised are PNE going to be? And find I here PNEThor on the way out?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: