Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leon Clarke  (Read 75256 times)
iffy

« Reply #180 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 14:23:17 »

So Leon Clarke complained about the fitness training two days before the Southampton game? Whether or not his complaint was justified or not, that surely makes the actions of the fitness coach much worse? Knowing there was an issue there and doing what, rubbing it in straight after a hard match, on the pitch, in front of cameras?

He should go too.

Lots of players complained about Macari's fitness regime, too. But I seem to remember we got 102 points in Div 4.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 14:26:16 »

Lots of players complained about Macari's fitness regime, too. But I seem to remember we got 102 points in Div 4.

I'm not saying the fitness regime is good or bad, but if a player has made his concerns about it known then there's a correct way to work through. It in no way involves confronting the player on the pitch after a match.

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 14:29:13 »

Lou didn't have to put up with Leon "big bollocks" Clark though. Had he done i expect he would have lasted as long as he has under Di Canio.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 14:35:45 »

I'm not saying the fitness regime is good or bad, but if a player has made his concerns about it known then there's a correct way to work through. It in no way involves confronting the player on the pitch after a match.

It seems likely to me that the fitness coach was basically saying "told you so" after watching Clarke blow out his arse for the last 10-15 minutes. Whether he should have or not the noises coming out from Gary Rose points to a major attitude issue with Clarke.
DMR

« Reply #184 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 14:39:23 »

Difference being Macari knew what the fuck he was talking about?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 14:43:20 »

Difference being Macari knew what the fuck he was talking about?

Agreed but unproven in the same vein as PDC at this stage in our record breaking season.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 14:46:18 »

Oh dear Leon you are a bit of a twat arent you.

Lets hope you end up on the scrapheap.

Shame no-one knocked you out you big headed cunt.
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 14:52:42 »

Clarke is a class A prick.

From what Gary Rose has said on Twitter, Di Canio knew about Clarke's past problems but decided to give him a chance to prove himself. Clarke has thrown it back in his face.

Di Canio received a text when we signed him saying 'Good luck with the nightmare'.

He is now up there with Tommy Mooney and Joey Beauchamp in my view.

I concur! If I were a car salesman and moved from Porsche to Honda (bare with it, this is going somewhere) and had two clear cut opportunities to sell and missed them both. I would EXPECT my superiors to tell me I need to train up. If the thing about him wanting to leave before that is true then he's even more of a cunt. What really takes the piss though is that a large cash injection went directly from the club to him. Some people think player power's just for the bigger leagues but he's so rich he knows he can do what he wants, he wont go hungry and inevitably another club will come in for him.............how many of us can say that in our jobs?
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 14:54:36 by melksham_exile » Logged
Gethimout

« Reply #188 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 14:53:09 »

So Leon Clarke complained about the fitness training two days before the Southampton game? Whether or not his complaint was justified or not, that surely makes the actions of the fitness coach much worse? Knowing there was an issue there and doing what, rubbing it in straight after a hard match, on the pitch, in front of cameras?

He should go too.

Bollocks! They're professional football players FFS! They're athletes. If they're told to go to training the next day, who are they to say otherwise? Put it this way, if we lost the Southampton game 6-7 nil then we'd expect them to be ran into the ground at the next training session.

Some players just can't be told! Too many young players think they're better than they are and need a slap sometimes. They should be lucky that they get to play football as a job!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 14:54:05 »

I concur! If I we're a car salesman and moved from Too Cool (bare with it, this is going somewhere) and had two clear cut opportunities to sell and missed them both. I would EXPECT my superiors to tell me I need to train up. If the thing about him wanting to leave before that is true then he's even more of a cunt. What really takes the piss though is that a large cash injection went directly from the club to him. Some people think player power's just for the bigger leagues but he's so rich he knows he can do what he want, he wont go hungry and inevitably another club will come in for him.............how many of us can say that in our jobs?

webuyanycar wouldn't buy us right now.  We're more a bloody Yugo, than a Honda.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 14:56:03 »

I thought it was a nice little nudge to local business, I guess we could be reliant.........ohhhh
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 15:00:14 »

I guess his reluctance to training and running is why the tag of being fat has followed his career
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 15:06:38 »

What a massive bellend. Good riddance.
Coca Fola

« Reply #193 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 15:07:37 »

What's wrong with Yugo? One of the best cars of all time.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 15:12:49 »

Another Leon with a massive chip on his should, well rid.

Seen it again on SSN just a minute ago but with subtitles, Clarke saying "you're telling me I'm gonna run again tomorrow". Pathetic attitude, you're a footballer for fuck sake!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: