Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leon Clarke  (Read 75246 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 13:14:28 »

STGary_Rose Gary Rose
i don't think he asked club, said to his agent

Didn't like having to work for his wage. Thinks he's better than he is. PDB may be a fruitcake, but this guy had an attitude problem.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 13:18:47 »

L2 is all about hard work and fitness. It's not about pretty football. He's had a reality shock and now he won't play again - not for us anyway. Good riddance.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 13:19:36 »

Is the training really that bad, or is his attitude really that bad... questions, questions.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 13:21:11 »

Di Canio: Leon Clarke not welcome near swindon ever again

I hope he wasn't going to go on loan to another League Two club then!

Hopefully this whole episode will install a siege mentality and bring the other players closer together...we need a win on Saturday massively now.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 13:23:16 »

Hopefully it is because the training was too intense rather than the standard of our players here being absolutely abhorrent. Although in going from training with QPR of the Premiership to training with Swindon of Division 4, it should hardly be rocket science that the players wouldn't quite be as good!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 13:24:43 »

The thing is he gets the last laugh which is the most annoying thing. Nice signing on fee I presume. Wages still paid.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 13:26:48 »

The thing is he gets the last laugh which is the most annoying thing. Nice signing on fee I presume. Wages still paid.
Wonder whether the club will take him to court over breach of contract?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Doore

« Reply #157 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 13:27:02 »

That surely depends if someone takes him and where he goes.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 13:27:27 »

Contrast his attitude with Connell's.  From the outset, AC has come across as a model professional.  Clearly had the respect of Grimsby fans as well.  Even though they're a different kind of fron man, I'm willing him to do really well for us now - and capitalise on Clarke's career suicide.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 13:28:34 »

Breach of contract? He hasn't refused to play. By law the club had to mutually terminate or keep paying. No club is going to pay 100% of his wages after the fiasco.

Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 13:30:15 »

Contrast his attitude with Connell's.  From the outset, AC has come across as a model professional.  Clearly had the respect of Grimsby fans as well.  Even though they're a different kind of fron man, I'm willing him to do really well for us now - and capitalise on Clarke's career suicide.

That would be the outcome I would want too. He seems like a really good guy and I hope he is as successful as we want him to be.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 13:32:40 »

Agree.  Financially, difficult to see how Clarke will represent anything other than an expensive mistake for us.  He will know that he will be seen now as damaged goods...so expect to hear his side of the story in the press quite soon to justify his position.  If he doesn't manage to engineer a move soon, we pay.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 13:43:40 »

STGary_Rose Gary Rose
Di canio received a text after Leon signed saying 'good luck with the nightmare'
21 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

STGary_Rose Gary Rose
Di Canio: Leon Clarke not welcome near swindon ever again
23 minutes ago

STGary_Rose Gary Rose
i don't think he asked club, said to his agent
32 minutes ago

STGary_Rose Gary Rose
Leon Clarke asked to leave Swindon two days before saints game
36 minutes ago
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 13:44:39 »

It would be pretty difficult I imagine to try and terminate one contact for being involved in the scuffle, whilst letting the others (Donatelli, or to an extent, Di Canio) continue in their jobs. His only other black mark is expressing displeasure at the training regime, and I doubt he is the only one.

Di Canio's comments about him not being welcome back ever again do nobody any favours and he should know better. He's publically damaging Clarke's reputation even more and making it more difficult to shift him. The only person comments like that serve are Di Canio himself, by carving himself out a disciplinarian reputation.

Keep quiet, boot Clarke out, make sure the other club picks up most if not all of his wages and then terminate as soon as we can in the summer.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 13:46:33 »

According to Gary Rose on twitter Clarke asked to leave two days before the saints game.

Outrageous. Good riddance if that's the way he feels after a week at a club.

Hopefully Connell and Kerrouche can get amongst the goals this weekend and we can forget this cuntslop was ever here as soon as possible.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: