Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leon Clarke  (Read 75251 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 22:26:15 »

It's Steve Howard.
It's steve lomas and sheena Easton. And some cheese.

Never knowingly overstated.
Barry Scott

« Reply #76 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 23:06:26 »

I really hope so, I find it incredible that Ferry, can't get in the side.He's easily the most talented midfielder we have at the club.

I agree completely. I've only seen Risser once and had high hopes for him, but by all accounts he can't get over his nerves, or is not as good as he appears in training/games with no pressure.

Regardless of whether or not il capitano gets dropped, Ferry is of a whole different level to all our other midfielders and should be one of the first names on the team sheet. He might not score the most, but off the ball he's different gravy and he's probably the best passer we have.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #77 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 23:11:14 »

I disagree, Ferry is ordinary and goes missing for whole chunks of games. He is a good passer but he's not lived up to the hype. I'd rather see McCormack in the middle and lets give Risser a break. Yes, he's not played well but lets give him time. 
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 23:13:31 »

I disagree, Ferry is ordinary and goes missing for whole chunks of games. He is a good passer but he's not lived up to the hype. I'd rather see McCormack in the middle and lets give Risser a break. Yes, he's not played well but lets give him time. 
Given that the last two games we've played McCormack and Risser, the above makes little sense.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #79 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 23:15:46 »

Given that the last two games we've played McCormack and Risser, the above makes little sense.
Its not supposed to make sense on a Friday night. I just think we need to give it a few games and that Ferry is not the answer. If Bornmuff want to give us £175k for Ferry then I'd take it.
Barry Scott

« Reply #80 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 23:19:03 »

I'm also wondering whether Risser might play CB with Flint? It means the captain still plays, we keep his vocal influence, and we know he can play there.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 23:21:15 »

Its not supposed to make sense on a Friday night. I just think we need to give it a few games and that Ferry is not the answer. If Bornmuff want to give us £175k for Ferry then I'd take it.

But Ferry is the answer IMO. We dont have anyone else who will run through the centre and carry the ball forward. He also uses the ball very well and keeps it simple but at pace.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 23:21:18 »

I'm also wondering whether Risser might play CB with Flint? It means the captain still plays, we keep his vocal influence, and we know he can play there.

I've been thinking this as well. Especially seen as Devera was left out of the 16 for Dagenham. Risser at CB with Ferry slotting in at CM.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 23:22:24 »

Fair enough. I'm undecided on Risser. Part of me is hoping he'll come good, and Sunday could be the time for that to happen. But there's always that doubt that he might just be crap, in which case it makes no sense to have him in ahead of Ferrry!

If we were on 6 points from 3 games, and if we weren't playing Oxford this weekend, people might be a bit more patient. Understandably, there is a need to get it right now.
Barry Scott

« Reply #84 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 23:29:49 »

I've been thinking this as well. Especially seen as Devera was left out of the 16 for Dagenham. Risser at CB with Ferry slotting in at CM.

I think this will be the line-up.

Smith
Caddis
Flint
Risser
Kennedy

RM one of: Richie/Gabilondo
CM: McCormack & Ferry
LM one of: Esajas/Richie

ST: 2 of Kerrouche/Connell/Clarke
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, August 19, 2011, 23:40:13 »

seems the best way to go about it. i think the only reason risser is in midfield is to provide abit of height/strength to the midfield.

he seems to me that he is definatly a centre back
digby

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, August 20, 2011, 00:23:23 »

Not quite sure about this signing - seems a decent player but is this gonna LEGITIMISE the awful long  humpball we've been playing ! Starting to question PDC's tactical game plan as we've been hoofing balls to midgets up front to no avail ! Thought he'd have the nouse to realise we have to alter the strategy to accomodate the small, agile strikers we've been using up to now, but no, he's persisted with the hoof approach !

Now we've got the target man, that may become the only focus for attacks, which might be great if he's that good, but at this level surely we can OUTPLAY most of the teams in this league.

Whatever, beat the POX  and we're on our way !!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, August 20, 2011, 01:38:22 »

Not quite sure about this signing - seems a decent player but is this gonna LEGITIMISE the awful long  humpball we've been playing ! Starting to question PDC's tactical game plan as we've been hoofing balls to midgets up front to no avail ! Thought he'd have the nouse to realise we have to alter the strategy to accomodate the small, agile strikers we've been using up to now, but no, he's persisted with the hoof approach !

Now we've got the target man, that may become the only focus for attacks, which might be great if he's that good, but at this level surely we can OUTPLAY most of the teams in this league.

Whatever, beat the POX  and we're on our way !!!

Don't know anything about Clarke...but there's nothing wrong with playing direct football in Div 4.  Just need to do it better than the others...we've already shown that we don't do it as well as Cheltnum and D and R. 
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, August 20, 2011, 07:39:44 »

So sorry if this has been mentioned (it probably has) but I'm a it hung over and can't be arsed to trawl through this thread. Is Clarke eligible for Sunday?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, August 20, 2011, 07:55:47 »

Di Canio appears to have the same transfer policy as I do on FM; huge squad with loads of attacking options but bugger all cover at the back... could be fun!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: